8BrickMario

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 16 Rumors and Discussion

First of September is all over in Europe the release date for Series 16.

Nevertheless, I saw enough of them in different stores (Ger) to get a complete set of them already today.

It´s not the strongest Series in my opinion, but I like it.

There was a box out in John Lewis Edinburgh, got the 3 I wanted, babysitter, spooky guy, dog show guy

If people want to avoid what happened to me, don't use the minifig group image as a guide to feel. I forgot that the Scallywag pirate also has a map, and as a result I have to go back for a Hiker. :blush:

Yep easy mistake to make. If you find a 2x2, look for a 1x1 (compass) or a sword to determine who you have.

Anyone in the UK should try their nearest WH Smiths.

Thanks for the tip! Went to a WHS in Surrey yesterday and got a few more (I already had some from Billund 10 days ago). WHS staff were perfectly happy for me to stand on my own at a side counter feeling packets.

Saw them at a Rewe in Germany today. But there is no way I am telling you which one.

You can tell me, I got all the ten figures I wanted at Munich's Toys'R'Us yesterday. :wink:

Yep easy mistake to make. If you find a 2x2, look for a 1x1 (compass) or a sword to determine who you have.

You can feel for the Hiker's ruck sack, as well.

So far the only place I have found in my area that has had the figures is Wal-Mart (and by the time I got there they were all gone). I got the Penguin Kid at a LEGO store a couple of hours away, and I got the Mariachi Guy and the Wildlife Photographer by asking my local Target to pull me a couple of bags from the back (I didn't want to push my luck by asking them to bring out the whole box). One of the workers at Target told me they had a street date of 9/1, and a worker at TRU said he had no idea when they would be coming in, but that he was hoping it would be soon.

Fortunately, I'm not a completionist, so I'm not too worried at this point. However, I will definitely be stopping by Target first-thing in the morning 9/1. :)

EDIT: For some context, I live in the Wilmington, NC area.

Edited by jjr_2009

Thanks guys for your kind words. Real envy of my fellow US friends. If you guys are wondering when will the traditional review be appearing, it won't be anytime soon due to technical delay and I am not having the new series yet. I hope to receive good news soon.

Is WhiteFang the only user allowed to make CMF reviews?

Nope, i am not the only user. You may do your own rendition for sharing as well, if you wish to.

My local Smyths had hundreds of packs today (uk). I brought 50 straight off the shelf, hoping to get 2 full sets. Ended up with 1 full set and 14 out of 16 for the second set.

My local Smyths had hundreds of packs today (uk). I brought 50 straight off the shelf, hoping to get 2 full sets. Ended up with 1 full set and 14 out of 16 for the second set.

Yep, found them in my local Argos and WH Smiths yesterday too. They have most definitely landed in the UK

Just picked up the Rogue at Tru today, on the first try too. Without a doubt he's my favorite figure from this series. :thumbup:

Just picked up the Rogue at Tru today, on the first try too. Without a doubt he's my favorite figure from this series. :thumbup:

I agree. I think he's one of the best CMF's of all time.

Also, I'm glad to hear that these are turning up in Europe. I know it bothers me when US releases are behind, so I can sympathize.

My favorite too; he's so well-made. And now my Ra's has an assassin. :laugh:

I agree. I think he's one of the best CMF's of all time.

My favorite too; he's so well-made. And now my Ra's has an assassin. :laugh:

Meh, I don't care for him much. Just not my scene. But I have one sealed and available for trade!

More people should join Swapfig, hint hint, wink wink. :wink:

I gotta say, my surprise favorite of the wave is the Cyborg. Not my favorite, that's the mariachi, but I didn't expect to like the Cyborg at all, and I actually do quite a bit!

I am struggling with finding a shield for the rogues. So far the round LOTR one with the green/golden front and the red back seems ok, but not perfect.

What do you guys use?

I am struggling with finding a shield for the rogues. So far the round LOTR one with the green/golden front and the red back seems ok, but not perfect.

What do you guys use?

I plan to use the Wolfpack shield.

I plan to use the Wolfpack shield.

I thought you'd be using a Nexo Shield, myself.

I'm loving this series. Got 15/16, with a Spooky Boy on the way to me. Hoping to grab another Hiker, Wildlife Photographer and Dog Show Judge soon.

Meh, I don't care for him much. Just not my scene. But I have one sealed and available for trade!

More people should join Swapfig, hint hint, wink wink. :wink:

Heh, I'm on there, but I think I'm too picky for it. No, I don't want to trade my Roman Soldier for your Pirate Captain. Did you even look at my Haves list when you offered me figures I myself am trying to trade off? Oi.

Hoping come September more places will have these out. Want to pick up spares of a couple.

Edited by K_Tiger

What do you guys use?

No shield.

I think it doesn't make sense for the character, since the guy it's supposed to be ambushing people in the forest. He climbs trees and hides in bushes

Carrying a shield would be way too heavy for that.

Or maybe I'm just over thinking it :laugh:

I already have four of them only one of which will have a shield. The rest will have swords and bows. If you're ambushing well armed knights, it's not a bad idea to have a means of defending yourself especially if you're lightly armoured.