8BrickMario

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 16 Rumors and Discussion

Couple of quick questions:

1) Are you opposed to using additional parts?

2) Are you opposed to rotating the display base 90 degrees (so that the shorter sides are front/back)?

Yes and yes. :sad:

Well shucks. :def_shrug:

Thanks, though. I'll find a way...

The only way I can think involves additional parts:

Put a 2x3 plate on two stacked 2x1 plates, and put the end that juts out under his feet with the skates on bottom. Put another 2x3 on bottom to center it on the base, or rotate the base. :sceptic:

Made some funny pictures today, check them out:

28115858703_8eff474e4c_c.jpg

OH DEAR GOD!

The minidoll with the baby head reminds me of the "real-life minifig" costume from SDCC. Basically, it's horrifying :laugh: .....which is why I left the pic in there. Horrifying.

After spending some time with this Series, I have some additional remarks:

The Ice Queen's cape and collar are the same pattern and material as Galadriel's cape from the Hobbit Witch-king Battle set. I thought I recognized it... Maybe they had leftover fabric??

The Desert Warrior's golden bracers are generic enough to look great on a lot of different figures, from the S13 Egyptian Warrior to the S15 Flying Warrior to the S7 Ocean King... Basically anyone with bare yellow arms and a golden weapon would benefit from the gold-bracer arms. Also, IMO he looks way better with the Snake Charmer's white turban, just as I suspected...

Even though Spooky Boy doesn't evoke any sort of classical horror feeling like Spooky Girl does, I think he's still a fantastic figure. Because I didn't like the fact that his hair was the same as the Cyborg's, I decided to try some other black hairpieces and ended up using the S8 DJ hairpiece. Now he's listening to his spooky music :)

Taken as a sum of its parts, Penguin Boy might be the most System-incompatible minfigure TLG has ever designed - because of the flipper arms, short legs (preventing anything from being attached to the back of the legs, like normal legs), and ice skates... There's no way you can attach him to anything the way he is, without using extra parts...

I know I said I HATED the dual-mold arm on the Rogue, but I don't mind it so much in the flesh now that I can see all the dark red on his torso. It's not that distracting IMO. And to my knowledge, he's the first CMF to have back printing and a neck accessory together on the same figure.

The Mariachi is yet another black-outfitted musician with a new instrument, following the S7 Bagpiper, S11 Saxophone Player, and S12 Rock Star... Not that I'm complaining. Bring on the instruments!

I had Banana Guy try on the Lizard Man's legs to match his shirt, then tried him with Clumsy Guy's shirt to match his legs... I like both outfits but ended up giving him the blue outfit in the end. Oh, and I gave him a banana to hold!

Edited by telaruhn

I really need to pick these up. The only figs I like is the Cyborg girl really.

Tho the hiker may good for a custom Jurassic Park Billy figure.

Taken as a sum of its parts, Penguin Boy might be the most System-incompatible minfigure TLG has ever designed - because of the flipper arms, short legs (preventing anything from being attached to the back of the legs, like normal legs), and ice skates... There's no way you can attach him to anything the way he is, without using extra parts...

Very good observation.

Penguin Boy can't be attached to anything! He can't even hold an accesory.

(But I think the most System-incompatible minfigures are the Mars Mission aliens :sick: )

I know I said I HATED the dual-mold arm on the Rogue, but I don't mind it so much in the flesh now that I can see all the dark red on his torso. It's not that distracting IMO. And to my knowledge, he's the first CMF to have back printing and a neck accessory together on the same figure.

I'm not sure what you mean but the S6 Bandit has a neck accesory and backprinting.

(But I think the most System-incompatible minfigures are the Mars Mission aliens :sick: )

Nope: Friends animals. Mars Mission aliens at least have usable arms and chest hole! What makes them better than Fabuland figs,

Edited by Lordofdragonss

Yeah, I don't really think of those as minifigures. They are parts that are used to make a character.

I'm not sure what you mean but the S6 Bandit has a neck accesory and backprinting.

I meant that the Rogue has back printing and a neck accessory that obscures the back. It feels like that was never the case with CMFs until now - if they had something that covers their back, then they weren't a candidate for back printing. While I forgot the Bandit, his bandana doesn't cover his back that much compared to other neck accessories like capes, some armors, neck brackets, or quivers.

Edited by telaruhn

Not so! I used about six of them to make a MOC of a pile of spilling goo coming from a strange nuclear facility with a Hazmat Guy running from it!

They are very useful.

The new uses for the smaller baby head are beyond hilarious. Got me thinking...so many figs would look outstanding with that head. Wish I had more than three of the babies! Maybe they will provide more babies soon so we can get some variety. Why has it taken so long for a baby fig to hit the scene? The Duplo ones are first class....

Are there any clear pictures of the Secret Agent's hair from a few angles without the goggles?

Very good observation.

Penguin Boy can't be attached to anything! He can't even hold an accesory.

The Mars Mission.......things were terrible. At least they redeemed themselves a little bit with the commanders in 2008.

I think it's a little redundant to have Penguin Boy and a regular Penguin in the same series. They should have spread them out.

I meant that the Rogue has back printing and a neck accessory that obscures the back. It feels like that was never the case with CMFs until now - if they had something that covers their back, then they weren't a candidate for back printing. While I forgot the Bandit, his bandana doesn't cover his back that much compared to other neck accessories like capes, some armors, neck brackets, or quivers.

Oh yeah, you're right. I think he is the first one.

Do you think LEGO is going to produce accessories for the new baby mold?

Like neckpieces, hairpieces, etc....

They haven't done it yet for the micros, so it makes wonder....

Edited by Robert8

I hope so. BTW I tried to buy baby heads on BAP by looking up fun in the park and they charge over $2.00 for them :hmpf_bad: . Normal figure heads from that set are all $0.25. Hope that comes down as it gets more common.

Even though Spooky Boy doesn't evoke any sort of classical horror feeling like Spooky Girl does, I think he's still a fantastic figure. Because I didn't like the fact that his hair was the same as the Cyborg's, I decided to try some other black hairpieces and ended up using the S8 DJ hairpiece. Now he's listening to his spooky music :)

The "Monster Mash" ? :laugh::grin:

I think it's a little redundant to have Penguin Boy and a regular Penguin in the same series. They should have spread them out.

I think it's fitting. Those 2 also go well with the Ice Queen (mine is currently displayed battling a Wampa).

Would the baby head fit on Scooby Doo's body? If so, I want pics.

Rarely if ever have I been so happy to oblige. Please excuse the shoddy quality, the urgency of the matter left me no time to fiddle with sophisticated electronics.

post-163721-0-96661000-1470300483_thumb.jpg

Rarely if ever have I been so happy to oblige. Please excuse the shoddy quality, the urgency of the matter left me no time to fiddle with sophisticated electronics.

Let's see who under that mask... It's a baby. :laugh:

Hehehehehehehehehehehe. This is the greatest thing I have seen in a long, long time.