8BrickMario

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 16 Rumors and Discussion

The Nexo Knights theme introduced a character named Aaron who wore the Wolfpack heraldry in orange on a bright green background:

Actually from my understanding, it is a fox heraldry on Aaron, not a wolf.

Actually from my understanding, it is a fox heraldry on Aaron, not a wolf.

Well his name is Aaron Fox, so I definitely considered that, but it still looks very much like the Wolfpack heraldry. Enough so that I consider it to be essentially the same.

Still, you could remove Aaron and the point is the same.

Edited by x105Black

Well, the KK2 heraldry is not the same as the Wolfpack, and if the Nexo figure is not Wolfpack either, the only other WP would be the upcoming Rogue CMF, correct?

Well, the KK2 heraldry is not the same as the Wolfpack, and if the Nexo figure is not Wolfpack either, the only other WP would be the upcoming Rogue CMF, correct?

I guess it's not quite the same, but they all seem like references to Wolfpack to me. They are all very similar.

If you remove KK2 and Nexo, then yes, it's just the classic Wolfpack and this CMF figure. Even then, I think there's a difference between the two as far as the spirit of the faction is concerned. The Rogue doesn't feel like a bandit or a renegade. And as I said in my earlier post, he really doesn't even feel like a Rogue (he's more of a Ranger). And getting back to the point about color scheme, this Rogue in green with a bit of brown is much different from the original brown, black, red, and grey Wolfpack of the early 90's. He feels more like a part of the Forestmen. Perhaps in the nearly 25 years that have passed, the Wolfpack and the Forestmen have forged an alliance?

:grin:

Maybe Rogue is not his name?

We don't know the official names for these

Maybe Rogue is not his name?

We don't know the official names for these

That's a good point, hadn't considered that.

And bios. Im excited to see what connections they have with past minifigures.

As am I. They might provide a really interesting backstory that puts all of the pieces together for me.

LOL if one of the bios mentions Nexo Knights

Indeed. I usually LOL whenever anyone mentions it.

:tongue:

I'm so confused can some one explain what's every one talking about nexo knights and wolf pack for?

The rogue in this series has a wolf pack symbol and we've been talking about where it's been used throughout the years.

I'm so confused can some one explain what's every one talking about nexo knights and wolf pack for?

The rogue in this series has a wolf pack symbol and we've been talking about where it's been used throughout the years.

^enough proof that we should get back on topic. :wink:

The Rogue looks exactly like a Rogue- mask over the face, bow and arrow, a Ranger wouldn't typically wear the mask, and if you go by dungeons and dragons, would have two swords and potentially an animal companions. Also, the Wolfpack Renegades are renegades, which equates to Rogues and thugs in my mind.

The Rogue looks exactly like a Rogue- mask over the face, bow and arrow, a Ranger wouldn't typically wear the mask, and if you go by dungeons and dragons, would have two swords and potentially an animal companions. Also, the Wolfpack Renegades are renegades, which equates to Rogues and thugs in my mind.

Did a Google Image search for DnD Rogue and DnD Ranger.

Rogue:

5415329614_a2f8b35e82.jpg8919a5e4c4fe6d87be3d5709e55978e6.jpg

Ranger:

ranger_by_alexstoneart-d6424h7.jpg349d5f9d9c0ee01fd8d45d9cf42a698d.jpg

Yes, some Rangers have 2 swords and an animal companion. Most Rangers have the bow and arrow and a green color scheme. While I didn't include a picture here, there are examples of Rangers wearing a mask over their lower face. Most Rogues, on the other hand, have short swords, or daggers, or maybe small concealable crossbows. Most Rogues also wear darker colors, but I will admit that dark green is not unheard of. It's just that I've never seen a Wolfpack bandit in green before. I almost wish they had simply made this character a Ranger and added in a sword and an animal (a wolf, maybe).

Anyways, to most people I'm sure this comes off as a big deal over nothing. I'm very happy to see the Rogue, and in my opinion, he's still the best minifigure in the series. I apologize for the perceived derailment. If a Moderator would prefer to move all related posts into a new thread under Historic, maybe that would be better, although I do feel that discussing the Rogue is on topic for series 16.

Edited by x105Black

None of these details bother me. Whether rogue or ranger, he'll be whatever I want him to be for a given application and the Wolfpack pin is little more than an Easter egg as far as I'm concerned. This minifig is the highlight of the series for me. I'm just glad Castle continues to get some love in the CMF line.

None of these details bother me. Whether rogue or ranger, he'll be whatever I want him to be for a given application and the Wolfpack pin is little more than an Easter egg as far as I'm concerned. This minifig is the highlight of the series for me. I'm just glad Castle continues to get some love in the CMF line.

Fair points, all.

Well when you look at heraldic symbols across nationalities certain symbols can appear very similar. Perhaps they do not have to be apart of Wolfpack or maybe they used to be and simply have retained the symbol. I guess my point is there are a billion ways to explain the wolf face.

I'm still really annoyed that the rogue only comes with one dual molded arm. That color green is fairly common so I wish we had gotten two dual molded arms and we could simply switch the other arm out if you still want that look. As it is with only the one arm, using the dual molded arm for other figures is sort've a no go now unless we get more asymmetrical torso designs that somehow work perfectly with those colors.

My take on the 'Rogue' is to consider his tunic color, not the cloak. I think of him as a Wolfpack member trying to pass himself off as a ranger. He may even be a 'known' member, hence the mask.

Anyways, to most people I'm sure this comes off as a big deal over nothing. I'm very happy to see the Rogue, and in my opinion, he's still the best minifigure in the series. I apologize for the perceived derailment. If a Moderator would prefer to move all related posts into a new thread under Historic, maybe that would be better, although I do feel that discussing the Rogue is on topic for series 16.

Maybe this thread?

But yeah, it's on topic here anyway

Well, I'm back from a bit of a vacation, and finally got a look at the full list of reveals for Series 16. Looks great! The standouts for me are the Arabian Knight, the Ice Queen, The Mariachi Guy, Spooky Boy, and the Imp Boy, but I want all of them. The Rogue is the only "meh" figure in the batch, in my opinion, but he's still going to be cool to have since I am a completionist. I'm not going to wish my summer away, but I am looking forward to September.

Actually, after taking a closer look at Rogue, I've noticed that his entire torso isn't dark green. While the center of his torso is dark green and there isn't much that can be done about it, replacing his dark green arms with dark bluish grey or black ones and giving him a cape to cover the back of his torso in case it is also dark green might make him look more like classic Wolfpack bandits.

Yeah the torso for the Rogue appears to be reddish brown with green on the printing. So definitely much more versatile of a figure then previously thought for sure!

Yes, for the secret agent.

As expected, the hiker isn't going to have anything new. The kickboxer girl is apparently a good surprise :)

At this point the only surprising thing about the Kickboxer Girl would be second face with 3 eyes or something :laugh:

We've already seen the 2nd face. It's just a grin. :tongue:

Said I'd bookmark this..

It turns out the spooky boy will reuse the zombie businessman's hair in black :)

:sad:

Edited by CM4Sci

Was it really necessary to quote me after so many pages? haha. I just try to keep you guys updated, but maybe I shouldn't share anything. Sorry for the mistake :(

Edited by amazingbricks