8BrickMario

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 16 Rumors and Discussion

The dog makes me think about Toto, the dog of Dorothy in the Wizzard of Oz ! Do you think we'll have in the future a theme "Wizzard of Oz" like a Scooby Doo Theme ? We already have the Wicked Witch and a flying monkey in Dimensions

Edited by notpennysboat

Oh wow, such a great assortment of characters! This is by far going to be the best series they've released. I want them all. The baby looks interesting. Almost like they took half a minifig leg and put a baby's head on top if it.

I love the new penguin and dog. And the Guitar... all I see are parts and accessories.

the agents hairpiece (10th doctor) and aladin's hair hat combo (11th doctor), confirm their will be a doctor who minifigure series!!! what do you guys think?

Man even the weakest figures ARE GOOD.

I really hope the Boxing Gal WILL have beated face on the other side, just like Boxer did.

RIP Wallet

Edited by Lordofdragonss

OH

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH

*ahem*

The Arabian Knight is a bit disappointing, but I love the spooky boy. The Spy looks more Jason Bourne than James Bond, but I like it.

My wishlist (in rough priority):

Ice Queen

Spooky Boy

Spy

Babysitter

Banana Suit Guy

Cyborg

Arabian Knight

Serenader

EDIT: I don't know if anyone mentioned it, but the IQ has 2 of the new spiderman web-slinger-hand-thingies.

Edited by Nerd-with-a-Pencil

Pretty good series all around. :thumbup:

Clear standouts for me are the Snow Queen and Secret Agent. I'm a bid disappointed in the former because I thought she would utilize the newer "queen" dress but she is nonetheless great--and passable as Jadis, which is all I wanted anyways. The Secret Agent however is a total shocker--wow that figure is great! I assumed he would be somewhat along the lines of the Jewel Thief (ergo not very interesting), but he looks spectacular. Reminds me of Archer too, which is a big plus!

There are a couple weak links of course; I don't think another boxer was necessary (and it does foreshadow another boxer, as her eventual opponent); the penguin costume doesn't seem as charming as the other animals (but we're all forced to buy it anyways, lest we pay $40 later like that terrible Bumblebee girl); and the Banana guy seems off. He's very commercialized looking, unlike the previous (and amazing) hot dog. It's also unfortunate that his color scheme doesn't match the colors used on the DC Banana Truck driver, but what can you do.

i think it would have been cool if the pirate and camper had almost the same map, but one had a red x and the other had modern icons. it would have been a nice Easter egg.

Ice Queen: WOW, she is decked out. It is disappointing that she doesn't use the Queen's dress piece. Looks like her crown is new, though.

Arabian Knight: Nice prints all around, especially the face, but I'm not too keen on the colors.

Cyborg: Nice prints again! Totally called the use of the blaster, which doesn't bother me, really. I might change the little translucent piece to match her color scheme.

Imp: Cute! The black trident is a nice surprise. OH my GOD is that a tail piece above the number too!? now THAT is the best figure in the series!

Spooky Boy: Also cute and great printing! not sure I like the face, though.

Hiker: I'm quite surprised by him. He has nice prints, too.

Wildlife Photographer: That penguin is dang cute! Interesting colors...

Kickboxer Girl: While I'm disappointed by the red gloves, as I expected a new color, she is very cool. I also hope for a beat-up face print on the other side of her head.

Scalawag Pirate: Love that tattoo on his arm. I'm surprised they included a map!

Penguin Suit Guy: Cute! AND he has skates!

Rogue: He's awesome, definitely an army builder for sure.

Dog Show Judge: Love the dog. The trophy is meh, but I do appreciate it printed and in a not-so-common color.

Serenader: Love the guitar, as expected. A nice figure overall.

Spy: cool mask/hairpiece! I wonder how it all fits together.... Black rope is also useful

Banana Man: Wacky as usual!

Babysitter: Looks great, glad they included a baby bottle.

So for me, My favorites are:

Ice Queen

Cyborg

Imp

Penguin Suit Guy

Rogue

Serenader

Banana Man

Best Series in a while!!

Wow, this minifigure series looks awesome! My favorites in no particular order are: Dog Show Judge, Rogue, Serenader, Pirate, Hiker,Cyborg, Ice Queen, Arabian Knight, Banana Guy.

Ice Queen: WOW, she is decked out. It is disappointing that she doesn't use the Queen's dress piece. Looks like her crown is new, though.

Arabian Knight: Nice prints all around, especially the face, but I'm not too keen on the colors.

Cyborg: Nice prints again! Totally called the use of the blaster, which doesn't bother me, really. I might change the little translucent piece to match her color scheme.

Imp: Cute! The black trident is a nice surprise. OH my GOD is that a tail piece above the number too!? now THAT is the best figure in the series!

Spooky Boy: Also cute and great printing! not sure I like the face, though.

Hiker: I'm quite surprised by him. He has nice prints, too.

Wildlife Photographer: That penguin is dang cute! Interesting colors...

Kickboxer Girl: While I'm disappointed by the red gloves, as I expected a new color, she is very cool. I also hope for a beat-up face print on the other side of her head.

Scalawag Pirate: Love that tattoo on his arm. I'm surprised they included a map!

Penguin Suit Guy: Cute! AND he has skates!

Rogue: He's awesome, definitely an army builder for sure.

Dog Show Judge: Love the dog. The trophy is meh, but I do appreciate it printed and in a not-so-common color.

Serenader: Love the guitar, as expected. A nice figure overall.

Spy: cool mask/hairpiece! I wonder how it all fits together.... Black rope is also useful

Banana Man: Wacky as usual!

Babysitter: Looks great, glad they included a baby bottle.

So for me, My favorites are:

Ice Queen

Cyborg

Imp

Penguin Suit Guy

Rogue

Serenader

Banana Man

Best Series in a while!!

You're right it is a tail. Great spot!

the agents hairpiece (10th doctor) and aladin's hair hat combo (11th doctor), confirm their will be a doctor who minifigure series!!! what do you guys think?

How does that confirm any thing?

Some really cracking figures in there. Still think the Mariachi is my favorite, so I'll be hitting them hard.The Secret Agent and Cyborg are the only ones that don't do much for me. Great wave, LEGO.

Lego does it again! Another fantastic series. My favorites are the Rogue, Mexican Guitar Guy, Spy, Banana Man, and Wildlife Photographer. The Hiker is nice too. :wub:

This looks like an awesome series!

Looks like I'll be getting multiple cyborgs and Rogues, an ice Queen, a spy, and 1-2 pirates and Arabian knights.

That doesn't confirm jack diddly squat. Good for customs though I guess. No more LEGO DW AFAIK

i think it would have been cool if the pirate and camper had almost the same map, but one had a red x and the other had modern icons. it would have been a nice Easter egg.

That would have been an awesome touch - it would be as if the Pirate buried the treasure and the Hiker is hunting for it

I love the tattoo on the pirate arm :) My favorite ones are definitely the rogue, the ice queen, the spooky boy, the pirate, the mariachi, the costumed guys, the animals (penguin + dog).

I'm really surprised by the hiker, the color and the accessories are great ! On the other hand, I'm a little bit disappointed by the Arabian knight because I had an heavy expectation on it, but it's like that, I'm gonna get used on him :)

Edited by notpennysboat

Love this series! Only a couple I have no use for, which is good for Lego, not so great for my wallet.

Must haves for me in no special order:

Penguin suit kid x3 or 4

ice queen

Imp, to go with the skeleton guy from a few series back, plus the bucket that comes with the imp has the same face with the tongue hanging out.

Boxing Girl for her face and hair

Dog Show Judge

Spooky Boy for his hair and torso. possibly the legs, too.

Hiker

Wildlife photographer, likely get several for the penguins

Babysitter x2 or 3

Banana, maybe.

Mariachi for his guitar. going to MOC my favourite singer/songwriter who uses this style of guitar.

I couldn't "see" the head accessories on the spy very well, so will have to wait for a review to decide on that one. Same with the rogue, will wait to see clearer details to see if theres any useful parts, though I'm loving the hood piece.

Yeah! This is a great series!

The ice queen and the penguin army! Penguins on skates! So cool. I must have a penguin army. Besides, the wildlife photographer arms can be used as spidey arms (it's the same blue, right?). Her legs are useful too.

Then the imp. Awesome. Even the devilish tail. Might wanna cop more of him and mix with nexo baddies.

Spooky boy has a great shirt (marvel fans can use this shirt for a purist Punisher custom lol), and i want that book. I like spooky girl better but i like this one still.

Bananaguy. Want.

The Mariachi is awesome too. I must get three i guess and hope for a violin in next series?

Babysitter: i want the baby!

The mission impossible guy is cool too. The binoculars on the hairpiece looks interesting. He's not necessarily in my wanted list, but i will not be sad if i got him anyhow. Just like the arabian knight i guess.

I'll try to get the ranger and maybe the hiker (someone mentioned his legs would be great for bespin luke). And are the legs of the pirate dark green or the same green that Iron Fist (marvel) has?

Toto is cute. I get why he has won that prize.

Edited by Borex