8BrickMario

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 16 Rumors and Discussion

Yes, I thought that this was Disney series coming out soon. Is this the next series?

No, this comes out in Fall 2016, Disney in May.

This is a tradition every time there is a new series coming: The Alexandre Boudon designs!

In Series 15 we got the Faun and the Flying Warrior.

Could be a Series 16 minifigure among these? :look:

15191045275_3aed3bdba3.jpg

characterdesignbourdon.jpg?w=490&h=695

13166d1375192644t-boudon-alexandre-2.jpg

Edited by Robert8

Following the trend, I'd say the color of this series will be White

White was the Series 6 color, which is the best series ever IMO

Series 16 is actually going to be red.

Red?

Oh! So the Soccer Series will be white

"They" who? What?

Trolls created the Mirror in the Snow Queen's fairytale. That's what I meant :grin:

Edited by Robert8

I guess red makes sense since the only other series to have red was Series 7 from a few years ago. I honestly don't get why they still haven't done purple, though. I get that they probably will never do pink because it might shy away young boys from buying them, but purple's a gender neutral color. Whatever, the color of the series isn't really that important anyway; it's the figures in the series that matter.

purple's a gender neutral color.

Depends who you ask. A lot of people still see it as feminine, even the very bold "imperial" shades.

I count at least 18 of Boudon's designs that have been implemented, depending on how strictly you compare the final product to his concepts.

What I would love most is faithful adaptations of the elves, third row from the top on the page in color.

I count at least 18 of Boudon's designs that have been implemented, depending on how strictly you compare the final product to his concepts.

What I would love most is faithful adaptations of the elves, third row from the top on the page in color.

I'd say S6 Lady Liberty and S6 Genie are clearly based on his designs but others, like S7 Jungle Boy, are just the same idea.

Personally, I've been waiting for these guys since I first saw the sketches:

23607092209_0d3abf52c6_o.png

Edited by Robert8

Hi, do you know why I can't upload an image on here? I respect the rules, <10Mo (~600Ko) and everytime I got this "Error This upload failed". I have another image from Alexandre Boudon and I'd like to share it with you so you could tell me if we still should look on or not... Thank you in advance

This is a tradition every time there is a new series coming: The Alexandre Boudon designs!

In Series 15 we got the Faun and the Winged Warrior.

-snip-

I'm not seeing the Winged Warrior in his designs. The Gaul has a similar helmet, and some of the figures have wings, but nothing on there looks like it was an inspiration for the Winged Warrior.

There is one thing I don't get. If Disney series is coming out in spring 2016, and series 16 in fall 2016, then what about soccer series? Early 2017? I thought they would come out in time of Euro 2016.

Out of the color sketches, I wouldn't mind seeing a Wooden "I'm-a-real-boy" Puppet in the first row, any of the figures in the third row, the Kung-Fu Monks or Evil Genie in the fourth row, The western figures in the fifth row, the Angel and Devil in the sixth row, and the Alien at the end of the last row.

Regarding the western figures - they would have to be differentiated from figures already released, such as the Cowboy, Cowgirl, Bandit, Sheriff, and Tribal characters. Maybe a Lady Bandit or Saloon Girl or a figure that gives us a more neutral-colored sombrero?

Regarding the Angel/Devil - I'm not sure if these would ever show up since people may find them overtly religious. At least for me, I wouldn't be sure where to draw the line, but these characters may show up in other forms. The Devil in particular could be easily made with existing parts, recolored (such as the trident and Gargoyle's wings). The Angel on the other hand might need a new mold for the wings, one that I was hoping for with the Flying Warrior... If an Angel can't be made, then something like a Cupid figure would be the closest we would get to one, as Mythology is an established CMF subtheme.

Regarding the Alien at the end of the last row - The recent Satyr's legs and Queen's dress makes me hopeful for more leg parts and assembly varieties, so this figure could theoretically have a chance as well, though he would have to be scaled back a bit to reduce the need for so many new parts. In general, I am hopeful for a new Alien variety in Series 16, if not a recolor of an older one...

Edited by telaruhn

I'm not seeing the Winged Warrior in his designs. The Gaul has a similar helmet, and some of the figures have wings, but nothing on there looks like it was an inspiration for the Winged Warrior.

Well.... I see you point. But anyway I don't expect now to see the Gaul after getting the Flying Warrior :classic:

There is one thing I don't get. If Disney series is coming out in spring 2016, and series 16 in fall 2016, then what about soccer series? Early 2017? I thought they would come out in time of Euro 2016.

January: Series 15

May: Disney Series

June: Soccer Series

Fall (either Oct or Sep): Series 16

Regarding the Angel/Devil - I'm not sure if these would ever show up since people may find them overtly religious. At least for me, I wouldn't be sure where to draw the line, but these characters may show up in other forms. The Devil in particular could be easily made with existing parts, recolored (such as the trident and Gargoyle's wings). The Angel on the other hand might need a new mold for the wings, one that I was hoping for with the Flying Warrior... If an Angel can't be made, then something like a Cupid figure would be the closest we would get to one, as Mythology is an established CMF subtheme.

There have been rumblings about a devil...

January: Series 15

May: Disney Series

June: Soccer Series

Fall (either Oct or Sep): Series 16

Ah, June. Well, that's odd but I like it because first time ever there'll be 4 series in one year.

There have been rumblings about a devil...

Hmm...they would probably call him Demon.

Edited by Cagast

The Angel on the other hand might need a new mold for the wings, one that I was hoping for with the Flying Warrior...

Maybe Lego could use the wings system used with the angel in the Doctor Who set ?

Ah, June. Well, that's odd but I like it because first time ever there'll be 4 series in one year.

Hmm...they would probably call him Demon.

Imp seems more likely, as both devil and demon bring religious connotations, while imp seems more fantasy-based.

If they are going to release a Devil minifigure, I hope it will be a proper Devil, like the Alexandre Boudon designs with horns, tail, the Faun legs, trident, etc...

That already happened in 2012: We got S6, S7, Team GB Series and S8

Edited by Robert8

Kinda not what you literally means. For some reason LEGO is able to manage to produce an extra series for this kind of celebration, but when it comes to adding more formal series from either original or licensed themes, there is still no answer for now.

As for Angel and Devil, they've been very obvious choices since series 1 but obviously LEGO pull themselves back. I think they would have to find some other replacements from other fairytale references.

49B198DDAFD6D75698A7B783B3B3521D8DC517.jpg?aHR_cDovL0J-bnlpcHRveXMuY07tLmF-L1Byb0R-Y1RzLzQ3NDcvaW-hZ0VzLzY0ODIvNTQxMV7wcm7kdWN_X0RldGFpbF7fODI3MzcuMTQyNTM_MjY_NS2xMjgwLjEyODAucG3nP0M7MgkvMjAwNS7DRS6_OUIxOThEREFGRDZENzU0OThBN_I1ODNCM_IzNTIxRDhEQzUxNy3qcGcA

From Boudon's designs, I'm mostly hoping for the Centaur. I think there are a lot of good medieval fantasy designs.

Brickforge already makes a centaur body which is a near exact duplication of the Boudon sketch, but I don't know which came first. In any event, if Lego ever produces a centaur, I doubt it will be a CMF. The size and production cost would probably be prohibitive for the CMF blind bags.

As to the angel possibility, the Flying Warrior IMHO makes a passable Archangel Michael. If you want a more peaceful angel, females could be easily MOCed with existing designs. Males might depend on your idea of what an angel looks like. The ancient Greek god Eros is unlikely. The cherub version of Cupid could be a CMF, or in a Valentines Day set.

Might have to remember that Boudon's designs are not all for CMF series. Some are probably for theme proposals, like the Monster Fighters.

Sadly Firenze wasn't introduced in any Hogwarts set. :sceptic: Maybe Elves would do?