8BrickMario

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 16 Rumors and Discussion

I had difficulty placing the Hikers compass on his hand. Was almost too tight to just clip on nicely, ended up putting the front of the hand in and then "rolling" the compass back to snap on.

I had difficulty placing the Hikers compass on his hand. Was almost too tight to just clip on nicely, ended up putting the front of the hand in and then "rolling" the compass back to snap on.

Had this issue with the baby that comes with the Teen Mom Babysitter, but not with the Hiker's compass.

I needed a few tries to put the coiled rope into the hands of the spy, otherwise I didn't have any problems with the quality of the components so far. Why did the rope have to be made of the rubbery material instead of ABS? Don't get it at all, that was a terrible choice imho.

Same here, did it just like that!

I needed a few tries to put the coiled rope into the hands of the spy, otherwise I didn't have any problems with the quality of the components so far. Why did the rope have to be made of the rubbery material instead of ABS? Don't get it at all, that was a terrible choice imho.

To make it more ropey?

I also had that problem, but it worked after a few tries.

Had this issue with the baby that comes with the Teen Mom Babysitter, but not with the Hiker's compass.

No problems with the baby, but it looked a little bit weird when the baby is balancing on one hand.

I´ve put the baby onto the base plate, fixed by the babysitter's hand.

I works surprisingly good.

rsbv4x6t.jpg

Finally found these in store today, and got myself 2 Mariachis, 1 Hiker, 1 Dog show judge, and 1 Spy (by accident). All stores near me appear to have been wiped clean of penguins, bananas and teen mums. Oh well, the search continues!

oh no, i order 16 mini figs on line and got 4 out of 16.

Wow, you got 8 Spies? I'd be happy about the 3 Rogues, anyways.

Well, now I know not to order them online. Sorry it turned out this way for you.

oh no, i order 16 mini figs on line and got 4 out of 16.

IMG_5340_zpsoizcmvuf.jpg

I wouldn't have minded the Rouges so much, but the others would have caused me to $*&t and fall back in it. Simply terrible.

Yeah, that particular combo proved a tad irksome for me as well.

Now you have an entire secret agent army. That's something. Unfortunately, due to the nature of secret agents, you have to hide them in your city instead of publicly display them...

If you tie all their ropes together maybe you can use them to steal new packs from a hole in the ceiling of a lego shop?

Unless he really wants those spies, that's a terrible shopping experience.... I hope he gets them traded to something else.

There are quite a number of LEGO trading groups in my area so having duplicates do not bother me... Lately though I have been buying a box of 60 and I sell the 2 sets to someone I know -- I find this the easiest solution to complete a set without going through a long queue or ordering a set of 16 and then later finding out I got a dupe...

Of course, this does not stop me from going for a stack of blind bags and feeling for those that I really want to collect armies.

Lately though I have been buying a box of 60 and I sell the 2 sets to someone I know -- I find this the easiest solution to complete a set without going through a long queue or ordering a set of 16 and then later finding out I got a dupe...

I think the easiest way to get complete sets is to order them on eBay.

You can find complete sets for about 60€, thats about 3,75€ per figure.

That´s not really cheap, but if you grab five doubles at least you will pay more.

If you´re out of luck in feeling what´s inside the bags, and you have no possibilities to trade or resell double Minifigs, it is not the worst way to complete your collection.

Ordering closed blindbags from some trader is surely the worst way to do that.

The chance to get a complete set in one try is zero.

Edited by Mellow

Since I'm still working in Malaysia, Dad in NZ helped me pick up Penguin Guy, Wildlife Photographer, Spooky Boy, Banana Guy, and Babysitter today. Finally got all the figures I need from this series, so no more running around after them!

I think the easiest way to get complete sets is to order them on eBay.

You can find complete sets for about 60€, thats about 3,75€ per figure.

I used to think so previously until I had a duplicate when I bought a set of 16 for a friend and I had to cover for the 'damages' ... it wasn't a pleasant experience because I have to shell out more in order to buy the missing one and source it elsewhere. The seller could not provide replacement... so it's definitely not the easiest for me.

Anyway, I am assembling a Mariachi band... usually how many are there in a band?

Anyway, I am assembling a Mariachi band... usually how many are there in a band?

Usually there will be guitars, trumpets, and sometimes violins. The problem is we are missing most of these instruments in Lego form still. But anyways, if I were you I'd get 3 mariachis. I was tempted to make a band too, but I already got two mariachis, one for storing and not putting on display.

I used to think so previously until I had a duplicate when I bought a set of 16 for a friend and I had to cover for the 'damages' ...

Something like that should not happen, of course.

But you can find many traders who sell the Minifigs with opened blindbags.

In such cases there´s no risk to buy in my eyes.

Edited by Mellow

Usually there will be guitars, trumpets, and sometimes violins. The problem is we are missing most of these instruments in Lego form still. But anyways, if I were you I'd get 3 mariachis. I was tempted to make a band too, but I already got two mariachis, one for storing and not putting on display.

I have 5... opened 3 and built a 3-piece band with guitar, double bass and a violin. Last 2 instruments are brick-built.

Will take pictures and share later.

I have 5... opened 3 and built a 3-piece band with guitar, double bass and a violin. Last 2 instruments are brick-built.

Will take pictures and share later.

Mariachi groups can get expansive, so five would be a good compromise. BrickHat nailed the instrument issue, so give the fourth a bugle from the old western sets, and make the fifth female (without sombrero, for some variety) and you'll be cookin' with manteca.

Here is my small Mariachi band. I am happy with the results and right now I still have 2 spares.. I think a quartet looks fine.

I don't have the bugle now and I didn't even know it exists until today. In the meantime I got a trumpet accessory that fits this purpose. Once I get a bugle I'll replace it. :)

28850671264_c605616b20.jpg

Mariachi Band

Edited by makoy