8BrickMario

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 16 Rumors and Discussion

Friends visor but it's got a ponytail. Seems perfect, though! Maybe she can have the Spy backpack instead -

s-l400.jpg

Thanks for the ideas. That ponytail piece won't work. I tried the one that comes with Ice Cream Jo from the TLM Ice Cream Machine (it's a shorter ponytail), but that won't fit either.

87990.jpg?1

I may have to give the Spy's backpack a try, since that's a bit smaller. Little bummed, since I really like that big backpack, but that might just be how it has to be.

Thanks for the ideas. That ponytail piece won't work. I tried the one that comes with Ice Cream Jo from the TLM Ice Cream Machine (it's a shorter ponytail), but that won't fit either.

I may have to give the Spy's backpack a try, since that's a bit smaller. Little bummed, since I really like that big backpack, but that might just be how it has to be.

Maybe the Samurai bun would work? Granted, it's not a ponytail, but I'm not sure how much leeway the backpack provides. I'm sure not many female hairpieces are compatible with it...

An interesting side-note with the discovery of these new figures. I'm working stock at Toys R Us and saw that a few boxes of these came in today, but they have self date demand to not put them out until September 1.

It's interesting with that in mind that these are showing up now as opposed to later, especially at LEGO stores.

Another mess with the release date, just like Series 15

What's going on?

Hope you do not feel that I was criticizing your use of the friends mould. You clearly said in the text that you made some modifications, so I was just trying to clear up a misunderstanding :classic:

The eyes on the CMF penguin I have seen look ok, similar to minifigeyes. The friends animals have the same eyes as the minidolls and look very unrealistic to me..

I agree with you that the body shape of the friends penguin is one of the better friends animals, since they are naturally round in shape :classic:

Rather odd they put a stud on it (have not seen a picture of it from the back yet myself), they usually do not do that on so small animals *oh2*

So they probably have a plan with it in future sets, maybe to use it as minions for the penguin in batman?? That would make it easier for us to get a flock of them at least :thumbup:

No, I just was stating my disappointment with the new piece. It actually looks good in other's pics, but in hand, I was underwhelmed unlike the seagull which I thought was fantastic. Anyway, even if you were, a publicly posted work is fair game for criticism. Everyone has their own opinion and criticism is part of expressing it.

An interesting side-note with the discovery of these new figures. I'm working stock at Toys R Us and saw that a few boxes of these came in today, but they have self date demand to not put them out until September 1.

It's interesting with that in mind that these are showing up now as opposed to later, especially at LEGO stores.

If you scan them, though, you'll see that the TRU register gods have allowed them to go on sale, as of this past Monday. My TRU was skeptical, but I asked them to put in the SKU anyway and give it a try, after alerting them that despite the markings, the computer released them on Monday. They tried it and agreed they could start selling. Worst case, call a LEGO Store and ask them. They're selling them.

Another mess with the release date, just like Series 15

What's going on?

I don't know I'm surprised to be seeing September dates. Maybe they got them and that was the date before Lego bumped it?

Dunno. My Lego store said to call them next week(Tuesday is their truck day) and that's what I'm gonna do. I can't waste gas on wild goose chases anymore like I did with S15. Plus honestly, I just like buying them directly from my Lego store if I can. They are super chill about it and had pre feeled bags on release day of S15.

Edited by Tech Artist

They are super chill about it and had pre feeled bags on release day of S15.

Are you saying that the store employees felt through a box or two of CMF's and separated them so you could just walk in and buy the fig you wanted? Isn't that against Lego policy of blind bags? :laugh:

Are you saying that the store employees felt through a box or two of CMF's and separated them so you could just walk in and buy the fig you wanted? Isn't that against Lego policy of blind bags? :laugh:

I know tons of stores that have done that. None in Minnesota or wherever I go when I get minifigs but yeah they do it. :classic:

I know tons of stores that have done that. None in Minnesota or wherever I go when I get minifigs but yeah they do it. :classic:

Well if I lived near a Lego store that did that, I wouldn't buy anywhere else. Unfortunately I do not live near a Lego store and the one that is closest to me (two hours drive each way) does not do that. So for the last few series, I've been getting my CMFs at TRU usually on Thursdays to get the extra 10%.

Wow that modified Devil costume *huh* I really like it. And I'm not surprised some people are mistaking the babysitter for a teen mom, thanks a lot MTV. LOL. :head_back:

I think the leaflet needs to include the name and the bio of the character you are getting in the bag

That would avoid confusions like this "teen mom" thing with the Babysitter

Edited by Robert8

My Lego store has series 16. I picked up 9 mini figures including banana suit guy, mariachi player, spy, hiker, spooky boy, trick-or-treater, female boxer and 2 Arabian knights.

I'm not sure what a "teen mon" is haha.

A mother still in high school

So like if a 17 year old were pregnant. It happens. :sad:

A mother still in high school

So like if a 17 year old were pregnant. It happens. :sad:

well that isn't a mon.... :laugh:

Back on topic, surprisingly the only fig I was not able to find was the Serenader... and I felt all the bags in the case.

Edited by Mike S

I love how CM4Sci tried to explain what a teen mom is.

I'm not sure what a "teen mon" is haha.

haha

I originally thought including a coloring book or something would help.

Yeah

Or money

Oh wait... no. She would look like she is selling the baby...

Edited by Robert8

I love hearing everyone's hauls! And I'm seeing some great mods, too. Gives me ideas for my own mods...

I'm still out of luck right now, though I've only checked a Target. The associate I talked to insisted that all they had was Disney, but it sounded to me like he just didn't want to do his job and check in the back, even when I explained to him that all the series use the same DPCI... Ah well.

I also called a TRU and gave them the item number (510414), but the girl on the phone simply said "we don't have any." That was a few days ago... I'm going to be in that area tomorrow, so maybe I'll go there in person...

I went to TRU today looking for s16. They looked in the stock room, they did have them - but wouldn't sell because the box says not to sell until SEPT 1. This was in OK, USA