8BrickMario

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 16 Rumors and Discussion

Folks, how many of you open the bags? I've maintained all of the previous two series in bags only for resale purposes but admit not being able to enjoy the characters. I have multiple copies. I suppose I should just open a few for fun, eh? Perhaps get one of those cases.

I find it quite easy to differentiate "mine" and "stock", for selling. Mine are mine, and get opened and used. Stock are for selling. Sometimes I open them and re-bag them without assembling / playing with them, so they are sold as new on bricklink. Sometimes they are sold sealed if obvious what they are.

The Kickboxer Girl comes with an optional boxer helmet. Same one used for S5 Boxer.

Also her face is double sided! One with a smirk and the other one with a frown. :sweet:

Edited by CM4Sci

This is so strange. When I look at every minifig separately, they seem very good. But from an overall view, it looks like a MEH serie... wut??? There's just something not right about this wave.

The mariachi is the best one, of course #suckonthattrump

Edited by Otherworld

The Kickboxer Girl comes with an optional boxer helmet. Same one used for S5 Boxer.

Also her face is double sided! One with a smirk and the other one with a frown. :sweet:

Oh... I was hoping we would have a beaten up face

This is so strange. When I look at every minifig separately, they seem very good. But from an overall view, it looks like a MEH serie... wut??? There's just something not right about this wave.

The mariachi is the best one, of course #suckonthattrump

Yeah, I had the same thing! It might just be the fact that the group picture wasn't revealed first.

And agreed, the mariachi player is so awesome. (Go Mexico; hail cultural diversity!)

This series doesn't do much for me.

I'll limit myself to commenting on the figs I had the biggest expectations for (I'm mostly in it for historic figs):

Ice Queen: while it looks good, I can't imagine myself building anything around her. Still a nice display fig, but alas nothing more for me.

Pirate: for some reason, I'm just not a fan of the "bald hairpieces". I think a stud looks better for bald figs. Also a new cutlass would've been nice.

Penguin: cute, and will fit with the other animal costumed figs, but also only useful for display.

Rogue: even though I'm all for nostalgia, this one would've been better without the Wolfpack logo imo. Either that or switch the green with grey so it at least fully matches the old Wolfpack.

Otherwise mildly interested in these parts:

Arabian Knight's torso looks useful

Imp Kid's wings and tail might make the nexo monsters into demons?

Boxer Girl's (double-sided?) head might be great for female figs, unless there's a mouthpiece like the male boxer

Mariachi's guitar

Babysitter's baby

So yeah, my expectations weren't fully met... But who am I kidding, I'll still get 'em all because I have all previous series as well.

But I'm not happy about it! :grin:

Oh... I was hoping we would have a beaten up face

If she had one, this would cause some issuses.

Imagine all the newsblogs writing about "LEGO promoting woman abuse" and such. :sick:

Imagine all the newsblogs writing about "LEGO promoting woman abuse" and such. :sick:

And how about the child imp? Is TLG advocating children to be demonic now?

Sorry... Playing devil's advocate here... But perphaps I just don't see the point here.

If she had one, this would cause some issues.

Tumblr SJWs never let anyone have fun :(

Tumblr SJWs never let anyone have fun :(

:roflmao:

Maybe if she had a black eye with a grin, like "Ha, nice punch. Now dodge this!"

Edited by CM4Sci

Rogue: even though I'm all for nostalgia, this one would've been better without the Wolfpack logo imo. Either that or switch the green with grey so it at least fully matches the old Wolfpack.

Absolutely agree. This guy hardly resembles the Wolfpack, I don't know why he has the logo.

That's sexist. Is the male boxer promoting man abuse?

Sorry... Playing devil's advocate here... But perphaps I just don't see the point here.

Well, the "little devil" costume is kind of a classic Halloween thing, like the skeleton guy back in series 14.

Also, "Devil's" advocate? :wink:

That's sexist. Is the male boxer promoting man abuse?

The thing that annoys me the most is that people only see things as harmful & sexist when it suits them

No one complained when the first Boxer minifigure came with a bruised alternate face, but I'm certain Lego would choose not to do the same thing with the female version, because they knew people would have tantrums over it, and Lego, being a corporation, likes to avoid losing customers. The whole thing is quite sad really, and shows the real hypocrisies in our world

Well, the "little devil" costume is kind of a classic Halloween thing, like the skeleton guy back in series 14.

yah but tumbler will complain. They didnt complain about skeleton guy because "Spooky scary skeletons", and "the Skeleton war"

The thing that annoys me the most is that people only see things as harmful & sexist when it suits them

No one complained when the first Boxer minifigure came with a bruised alternate face, but I'm certain Lego would choose not to do the same thing with the female version, because they knew people would have tantrums over it, and Lego, being a corporation, likes to avoid losing customers. The whole thing is quite sad really, and shows the real hypocrisies in our world

Indeed.

I hope we one day get the hiker's bag in brown, grey, or dark brown. Could be very useful for SW rebel troopers.

Maybe Lego is commenting on how their product is making kids more violent?

Preach!

if she sexually identified as an inanimate object like an attack helicopter tumbler wouldn't mind.

#plasticlivesmatter

Seriously, people ruin everything including Lego because they take things way too seriously. This reminds me of that recent article of Lego becoming more violent.... :/

Edit: I'm waiting for this: "PETA COMPLAINS ABOUT LEGO MINIFIGURE FEATURING INDENTURED DOG." ....

Edited by Tech Artist

Maybe we should have our own dumb twitter hashtag

#giveKickboxerGirlabeatenupface

No one complained when the first Boxer minifigure came with a bruised alternate face....

Well, to be fair, people usually only find something "Ist" (Sexist, racist, etc.) when there's some kind of comparison.

That's just logical. If both the white minifigure and the black minifigure have only angry faces, that's okay. If the white one is always happy, and the black one is perpetually angry, that can be construed as racist.

I agree though, people are crazy. I personally don't care. It's a toy. I might have liked a beat-up female face, but LEGO knows what they're doing.

Given the lack of a damaged face for the Kickboxer, I wonder if we will ever get a female counterpart for Clumsy Guy?