8BrickMario

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 16 Rumors and Discussion

These are just guesses, but I'm expecting around the same as last series...

Double faces: Kickboxer Girl

Back printing: Arabian Knight, Wildlife Photographer, Kickboxer Girl, Scalawag Pirate, and Serenader

Edited by telaruhn

I'd like to take this moment to thank the designers for not putting the blue ribbon print on the dog. We usually only notice what we don't like, and take for granted the things that the designers did well, but could have done completely differently that would have caused an uproar.

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the generic, non-beribboned pupper. Even though I despise small dogs, I commend you for making one that doesn't always have to be a winner.

This is my serious post of the month.

Are there pictures now? I can't seem to find any in the thread?

Look up "legends bricks Facebook" on Google, it should be the first link. Hope I helped!

This series looks amazing! The number of dual molded legs are fantastic! See this is how Lego improves the generic figures people generally would rather not get. Give them dual molded legs or arms and some useful printing and suddenly a generic figure becomes a must have.

Arctic Explorer has a penguin! We have penguins! :sweet: Yes!

I am irritated though that the huntsman/ranger only has one dual molded arm. Sure it looks good but then if we want to swap parts then we're stuck in an awkward position.

Look up "legends bricks Facebook" on Google, it should be the first link. Hope I helped!

Thanks! :classic:

Edited by Forresto

My thoughts on the series

Snow Queen: A highlight in this wave. Best female minifgure in the series. One of the best fairytale characters in the CMF history. I really like her crown and her cape. Actually, I'm glad that she doesn't have the new dress piece. Love her stoic face. But I dislike those things she is holding (are those new?). I know they represent her icing powers but they harm the overall aesthetics of the minifigure. 9/10

Arabian Knight: Are we sure that this is an Arabian Knight? Because he doesn't look arabian..... and he doesn't look like a knight. This is one of the biggest disappointments in the CMF history. I expected a lot more than that. The green turban, the black sword, the white pants...... He looks kinds messy, IMO. His face looks nice though 3/10

Cyborg: She looks interesting as is a truly rare design. Love the color scheme. I can't believe that there are only 3 females sci-fi characters in the CMF line, so it's a very welcomed additon to the family. 6/10

Devil Suit Boy: Very nice minfigure. It's good to see LEGO is pushing the boundaries with this one. But, I think it's funny how they printed a huge zipper on his chest to make clear that he is a costumed character and not an actual devil. This is the first (the probably the only) costumed character with such printing in the front. The tail piece is a nice surprise. 8/10

Spooky Boy: This one doesn't look as good as I expected. No new accessories, which is kinda lame for this kind of character. I really like the "Spooky Tales" book, but a spider? Hmmm i don't know... About his outfit, I not 100% sure what character he is meant to be. This most a goth guy than the S12 Spooky Girl. I need a closer look to those legs, because I think they'll be really interesting. 7/10

Hiker: I know he is meant to be a filler, but holy crap WHAT A FILLER! He looks amazing! Super detailed printing. Love the map, the compass, the brand new backpack! This guy just got it all. Very nice surprise in this wave. 8/10

Wildlife Photographer: She is the Animal Control Officer 2.0: Plain minifigure, cool animal mold. I don't know if I like this trend. That penguin is super cute. Those eyebrows though.... it looks like a fiordland crested penguin. The Photographer istelf looks... well.... plain. 6/10

Kickboxer Girl: Well... I don't know what happened here, but she looks very plain and meh... not even a headband printed like the S7 Tennis Ace? She is easily the worst minifigure in the wave. 2/10

Pirate: This one is very cool and is different enough compared to other pirates to be a CMF. The map and the cutlass are kinda meh... but the new hairpiece makes the deal. I kinda like his printing. 7/10

Penguin Guy: Awww.... the little kid has skates. How cute is that? Overall, looks super nice, but being a kid takes away the "fool" aspect of the regular animal costumed characters. Reusing the Shark Suit Guy torso in the very next series is kinda odd, but it works well as what it is. 8/10

Rogue: Castle fans continue to the spoiled in the CMF line. the Wizard, the Classic King, Queen, the Fairytale Princess, etc.... and now this Rogue, which not dissapoints, IMO. He is one of the best executed minigures in this wave. And a natural army builder. Love how they used the double arm technique to represent the cape over his shoulder. Very detailed! And he could work as an elf! 8/10

Dog Show Contestant: I salute the designers for this lovely minifigure. He is nothing like the Animal Control Officer or the Wildlife Photographer: While the new dog is very nice, the minifigure itself stands out. Love his wealthy person looks. He could live in the Hamptons. And that hairpiece really adds a lot to the minifigure. The fact that the silhouette in the trophy looks exactly like the winner dog is kinda suspicious.... but a nice touch anyway. 8/10

Mariachi: Very cool. Love his printing. And the mustache piece adds a lot to the character. Of course, the new guitar is the highlight here. No printing in the legs though.... That's not good. 7/10

Secret Agent: a.k.a. Tom Cruise as Ethan Hunt. This is the most shocking surprised in this series. I expected a plain boing character but this guy looks amazing. I think he has a combo googles + hair piece. And the black rope is a nice touch. And he has a neck accessory too! Just like the Hiker, his printing is awesome! 8/10

Banana Guy: Or Hot Dog Man 2.0. He looks fine. But I liked the Hot Dog Man better. The banana sticker is odd, but overall a wacky welcomed addition to the CMF line. I expect to see more characters like him in the future. My bet, a girl with an Ice Cream costume. 7/10

Babysitter: Well, the baby.... My god that baby. That's the best "accessory" in the series. Again, getting 2 minifigures with babies back to back is an odd choice, but I'm not complaining about it. The babystitter itself looks kinda boring, but I need more picks to make a final judgment. 8/10

Overall I think this an surprising series, because there a lot of unexected characters, like the Dog Show Contestant, the Babysitter, Rogue, Wildlife Photographer and Devil Suit Boy. Is this the best series ever? Nope, that title still belongs to Series 6. Is this the worst series ever? Nope. This one is slightly above the mean, like Series 12. Overall this series gets 7/10 for me.

Series 6

Series 11

Series 13

Series 9

Series 7

Series 12

Series 16

Series 4

Series 2

Series 15

Series 5

Series 1

Series 8

Series 10

Series 3

Series 14

Edited by Robert8

The arabic knight is more a indian fighter. So the names are not the official ones, right?

Edited by Petric_G

The arabic knight is more a indian fighter. So the names are not the official ones, right?

I don't think the official names have come out yet.

Snow Queen: A highlight in this wave. Best female minifgure in the series. One of the best fairytale characters in the CMF history. I really like her crown and her cape. Actually, I'm glad that she doesn't have the new dress piece. Love her stoic face. But I dislike those things she is holding (are those new?). I know they represent her icing powers but they harm the overall aesthetics of the minifigure. 9/10

I agree with you about the lack of that awful new dress piece (thanks to that, my King is without a Queen). I was looking at one of the previous leaked pics a few days ago and started to worry she'd have it. However I personally disagree with you about how the ice powers are represented. I've been a fan of the Ninjago Elemental Blades for a while so I'm always happy to see them, especially in new colours and it looks like they'll slot into a new piece/existing piece in a new colour.

As well as the Ice Queen, I love the three "warriors" from this wave - Pirate, Arabian Warrior and Rouge and can't wait to add them to my "Warrior Collection" on my work desk. I also like the three costume figures, female kick boxer and the cyborg. The rest are a massive meh for me personally (bar maybe the Spooky Boy and Spy), so I'll be skipping them.

Edited by pawcanada

Any ideas what the spy neckpiece is?

My guess is just a neck bracket with a 1x1 clip to hold one of the accessories, but it might surprise us with a brand new piece.

Maybe it's the Skydiver backpack in black.

That's what I'm hopping for.

There is a disturbing lack of modern minifig backpack...

He could be a Mughal Warrior?

Folks, how many of you open the bags? I've maintained all of the previous two series in bags only for resale purposes but admit not being able to enjoy the characters. I have multiple copies. I suppose I should just open a few for fun, eh? Perhaps get one of those cases.

Folks, how many of you open the bags? I've maintained all of the previous two series in bags only for resale purposes but admit not being able to enjoy the characters. I have multiple copies. I suppose I should just open a few for fun, eh? Perhaps get one of those cases.

open them all.

I usually open the whole series, and then get copies of my favorites to leave unopened for resale or for gifts. I did this for Series 15 and Disney, but not for Series 14, in which I opened all the ones I bought.

I would ideally like to buy a whole case of 60, but I don't mind buying them a few at a time... I feel like I'm more engaged if I'm in a store feeling the packets for the ones I want.

How does one go about buying an entire case? and how much does that generally cost?

I do. I don't resell because I find that dumb.

How does one go about buying an entire case? and how much does that generally cost?

Some stores will sell the whole case, if they have the stock. They sell for the full price of the 60 individual minifigures.