8BrickMario

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 16 Rumors and Discussion

I think the Scallywag Pirate's bandana looks like this

il_570xN.459605468_b49r.jpg

I see something there but I'm not sure e.e

He could actually be a contestant. The bone in the pocket feels like it's a treat for his dog when it walks or poses properly during judging...

Is that a bone in your pocket, or are you just excited to see me? XD

That would awesome if it did.

Tazakk/Pereki pointed out that the secret agent bears a very strong resemblance to Dash, the main character (or most featured character) from LEGO Alpha Team:

RbwzC5A.jpg

The basic designs of the leg and torso printing are nearly identical (the only real change in the printing design is the new agent has a zipper in the middle instead of buttons, though of course the whole thing has been re-drawn), and while the hair is a new mold it's the same color and a very similar style. I wonder what the logo on the torso and face printing are like, and what his bio will say?

WHOA, okay, good catch. Missed the resemblance to Dash, but I do see some red on the logo on the new guy.

This is a very disappointing series, especially after 2 themed series before....

The Rogue is awesome, but everything else is mediocre for me. There are a few figs I wouldn't mind having (Mariachi, Arabian Knight, Ice Queen), but the Mariachi is the ONLY figure to include new pieces that I want - the Sombrero and the guitar.

The Arabian Knight was a huge opportunity, that is just a huge miss with rehashed parts. The scimitar is a horrible piece, and Dark Green for the turban? Really? Where in the world did that come from?

The banana suit guy, the penguin guy and the penguin are all kitchy, but not particularly useful.

The Cyborg is OK, the Scallywag hairpiece is OK, the spy is OK, lots and lots of OK figs/parts.

This is the first series I will only be army building a single figure from, and we probably wont' see another standard series for a year. So sad...

Scallywag has a bald-cap piece with that kind of bandana, yeah?

My thoughts:

Ice Queen: Like many others, I'm still a tad disappointed she doesn't reuse the S15 Queen's dress piece, but she's still an impressive figure!

Arabian Knight: Great colours and printing, but not necessarily a standout.

Cyborg: We've seen her before, but I still think she looks awesome--can't wait for a closer look at her!

Imp: He's cute and would be great for a Halloween build--I love his face!

Spooky Boy: I love him!

Hiker: Surprisingly great figure! I still wish he would have come with a squirrel though.

Wildlife Photographer: I think everyone will love that penguin--I know I do. I'm really curious to see the figure up close, because the colour scheme seems a little odd.

Kickboxing Girl: Like the Arabian Knight, she has a great colour scheme and great printing. Is that the same hair piece that is always used in the same colour though? That would be a bit disappointing.

Scallywag: He looks like he will be the perfect addition to any kid's pirate collection!

Penguin Suit Kid: The animal suit figures have always been hit or miss with me, although love the face print and the fact that he comes with ice skates!

Rogue: I don't find him all that interesting, but I guess he could be a good companion to the Forest Maiden. I'm curious about his face print.

Dog Show Judge: The little terrier is great! I also love the figure's new hair piece!

Mariachi Guy: He's probably my favourite of the bunch! Even without the guitar he would be an excellent figure.

Secret Agent: As long as that visor is not attached to the mask, I'm extremely interested in this one. The black rope is a nice touch.

Banana Guy: My daughter is going to love him! I really like his face print.

Babysitter: She will be an excellent addition to my daughter's Lego town. I wish we could see her torso print though.

Overall, it's a great series--LEGO has continued to impress me with their designs!

Totally agreed with Rogue Angel's opinion. All the figures are just.. ok, there isn't anything that really stands out in my opinion. I think Lego is playing safe with this series with a lot of reharshed parts being used. I will probably still end up with a full set. But this is not a series that I cannot wait for.

Scallywag has a bald-cap piece with that kind of bandana, yeah?

:laugh:

I didn't know the piece has a knot

I like these.

My brief thoughts (With rabbit-holes and segues) in a non-named list below. if you want the full effect, you'll have to have memorized their order from Right to Left then Top to Bottom by heart, or stare at a picture while you read, or just ignore me because I'm crazy.

Thought 1 - Contrary to popular predictions, That first minifigure does in fact use the slope piece, so kudos to whoever it may have been that suggested that. He seems like a neat guy. We should be fond of that guy.

Thought 2 - I like that dude beside the first one. I wish that they had chosen a Dark Blue for the turban, staying with the wacky color scheme, but rendering it usable for the Monkey Owning Spy in Raiders Of The Lost Ark. I always look at the Collectible Minifigures Series in terms of what can be used for Indiana Jones stuff. I started that with the second price raise, due to having to be much more selective, and I like Indiana Jones LEGOs (Mwahaha Plural Mwahaha) the best.

Thought C - The Transparent Orange Stud with Hole has been seen before, right? That third fig has one, but it's not the first appearance, right?

Thought 4 - So who will put Luis E. Furre in with their other Costumed Figures? Or is he a new category of characters called "Demonic Children"? That sounds like a reality TV show...

Thought 5 - My gosh, I'm terrified of that one below the first...Because of that antique literature he's holding. Why not use the fancy NEXO E-Books? I guess since he's got like, thirty six colors but still called monochrome, he's supposed to look like an old photo, and he deserves an old book.

Camper is Happy.

Thought 7 - CM4Sci, were you plagiarizing any certain Minifigure designs in your LDD Contest Entry? (Insert Smiley Face here. I'm too lazy, but the statement was meant as smiley, not antagonistic.)

Brief Thought in Passing - My gosh, did that chick beat up Clumsy Guy?

Thought Nine (9) - What's with all the rainbow historical figures in this series? First [REDACTED], and now [REDACTED] too? I really like each specific piece from this figure, but I guess losing an eye made him see colors weird. Maybe he even thinks using only two colors is called "Duo-Chrome" or something! Ha! Who'd be stupid enough to think that? Lol, am I right?

My Tenth Thought - Oh my gosh, that kid seriously thinks he's a [REDACTED]! I want a lot of these for a Batman Returns MOC...

Thought elf - We all know that one weird coworker who wears green and brown and ends up looking like Lizard Poop...Now he's come back to the office with a weapon to seek his revenge on scoffers.

Major Thought - I hate small canines so much. I hate them. Yip yip yip all day long. Big canine or no canine. This preppy piece of puffiness does not deserve a Blue ribbon. But that guy's hair is weird, so he obviously has bad tastes in furry things.

Absolutely no Thought - "This man here, the one with the guitar, he's got a guitar. It's a real nice one too, let me tall ya. It's tannish brown, and the way he plays it really makes music, ya know? It takes a real good guitar player to play a guitar, believe me when I tell you that. And this man plays it like it's a guitar that he really does play. Unfortunately for this guy, he's gotta go stand behind a wall. I'm Donald Trump, and I approve this utterly ridiculous message."

Thought 14 -I see Star Lord getting a removable mask in future sets, if this guy's goggles detach. I wonder what he carries on his back?

Thought 15 Courtesy of Borex - Here is a lovely link to help better understand and psychoanalyze the motives and moods of this Minifigure:

nice website about banana-labels

Last Sixteenth Thought - Aw, how sweet. Sexist, but sweet.

Edited to remove superfluous seventeenth thought.

Edited by Actor Builder

My top favorites from this series:

Hiker

Dog Show

Mariachi

Babysitter

Not impressed by anything else. Overall, I think the design choices are bizarre.

Devil costumed boy - love it! and he has a tail too

Spooky boy - Nice addition to spoky girl, does he have the same hair as Joachim Lowe from soccer series??

Hiker - i kind of like him although he is just a filler minifigure, he has hair in new color

Wildlife Photographer - While the penguin is a nice addition to the collection, the figure itself is just...very average.

Penguin suit boy - Must have for my collection!

Dog show judge/contestant - Love the dog! is that a new hair piece?

Mariachi player - Finally a guitar!

Banana guy -love it! my costume guys collection is getting bigger!

Baby sitter - the baby is so cute, like it better than the baby in the park set

the others i diddn't mention are just meh for me

Spooky boy - Nice addition to spoky girl, does he have the same hair as Joachim Lowe from soccer series??

Yes. Joachim Loew never smiles, so it kinda fits :laugh:

Hiker - i kind of like him although he is just a filler minifigure, he has hair in new color

Thomas Muller, from the Germany National Team series, has it in the same color, so it's not new

lego-thomas-m-ller-set-71014-9-25.jpg

Dog show judge/contestant - Love the dog! is that a new hair piece?

Yes :wub:

It seems you have some work to do in your hairpieces compilation thread :wink:

It seems you have some work to do in your hairpieces compilation thread :wink:

Yes, i can't wait to update it, it is my favorite thing to do and I also enjoy collecting hairpieces. Still long way to collect every single one, my current status is 175 hair pieces out of 360.

Thanx for the info about hiker hair, i wasn't sure before if it is the same color as thomas muller's hair.

Edited by cebelicamya

Hmm. Not very excited about this series (I definitely feel like I prefer Series 15) but as always, there are goodies within! :classic:

Ones I like:

- I like the literal Demon Child, mostly because we'll be able to use parts from this to make an actual demon. It's a bit disappointing that it comes with another pumpkin trick-or-treat basket though, having already gotten one from Series 14 Skeleton Guy.

- Spooky Boy is rather fun! Should add a bit of personality to people in Lego City. Definitely one I'll try to get, if mostly to make a custom minifig of my friend. :laugh:

- The Hiker is adorable and I love him. Look how excited for adventure that little guy is! :laugh:

- The Wildlife Photographer is rather boring as a figure, but the real draw of course is that new System penguin, which is very cute. I don't know if I'll go out and get it, however!

- Penguin Suit Kid is pretty cute, of course, like all the suited figures.

- Dog Show dude is a boring figure, but gives you a nice hairpiece and a very cute new System dog which my Pet Shop will be thankful for! :thumbup:

- Banana Guy is fun!

- The Babysitter is a cool way to get the new Lego baby if you didn't want to buy Fun in the Park (although you should totally get Fun in the Park).

There are no "musts" for me in this series, unlike Series 15 where I was obsessed with Shark Guy. :laugh: However, my surprise favourite is the Hiker!

Edited by AnnaBuildsLego

- I like the literal Demon Child, mostly because we'll be able to use parts from this to make an actual demon. It's a bit disappointing that it comes with another pumpkin trick-or-treat basket though, having already gotten one from Series 14 Skeleton Guy.

They at least gave it a new pattern. I get why they did it again, though. Those plastic pumpkin pails are a childhood Halloween staple here in the States.

Hooray!

* Ice Queen: WHAT? She doesn't have the new skirt? That's really disappointing. I do like her ice beams, though.

* Arabian Warrior: Decent, nothing I need.

* Cyborg: Cool, not amazing, but I like her.

* Devil Costume: I like him enough. The trident and tail are really nice.

* Spooky Boy: Interesting. Is he perhaps of a different background than the paler Spooky Girl? I am so glad they used the Larry hair like I wanted, and the book and face are cute. The older book is disappointing, but it sort of makes sense for the age of the book. Not exactly what I expected, but I still really like him.

* Hiker: The backpack is cute, the face is dumb.

* Arctic Photographer: That penguin!

* Boxer: What's so surprising? She's decent, but not exciting.

* Pirate: His head piece is nice, but I don't need him.

* Penguin Suit: The skates are the cutest touch. I need him for the DCU.

* Rogue: Cool, but I don't think I'll get him.

* Dog Show Guy: I like the printed trophy, and the dog. I hope he'll lead to Dorothy and Toto in the future.

* Mariachi: The guitar is nice.

* Agent: A good companion to the Jewel Thief, but he doesn't strike me as absolutely amazing.

* Banana Suit: I don't like his outfit, but the suit itself is okay.

* Babysitter: Cute.

On my list: Ice Queen, Spooky Boy, Devil Suit, Dog Show Guy, Penguin Suit, Cyborg.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Quite a few cool figs in this series! Rogue is my favorite, the hood looks great for a Ranger from the Ranger's Apprentice series.

I'm somewhat disappointed by the Arabian Knight, as he doesn't look much like a knight to me :look:

I'm somewhat disappointed by the Arabian Knight, as he doesn't look much like a knight to me :look:

Yeah, he should at least have a shirt so he doesn't get sunburned! Maybe he will look better in person.

Arabian Knight: Could have been better, but he looks good enough to get a couple.

Devil Costume: Nice accessories overall, will get at least a couple.

Penguin: Looks great, although I don't care much for the minifigure it comes with. Worth it.

Scallywag: I like this one a lot. I will get several.

Penguin Costume: Nicely done, will get multiple.

Rogue: Not as good as it should have been. Green color scheme is wrong. Should have been dark brown. Biggest disappointment of the series, I expected so much more. Will still get several, as it's still one of the best in the series.

Dog: Looks great, although I don't care much for the minifigure it comes with. Worth it.

Mariachi: This is really well done. I will get a few.

Banana Suit: It's really too bad that it has the produce sticker. Otherwise I would buy a lot of them. As it is, I will likely only get one.

Baby: Looks great, although I don't care much for the minifigure it comes with. Don't know if it is worth it.

All others: Not too interested.