8BrickMario

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 16 Rumors and Discussion

Yes.... I think a minifigure can hold the baby

12687938_731429113660837_3679984874948234167_n.jpg?oh=d2bf7c32708f0b040fbfe4df6fe7a89e&oe=5764C5C8

It's the Ninjago Movie Series.

The Ninjago movie will be released on Sep, 2017

That baby is so cute! I am definelty buying that park set when it comes out! Have no idea where I'm gonna display it.

That little baby is too cute, even though the head looks a little big, it's still cute. And please no LEGO, a year without a regular series would disappoint me severely.

Back to Series 16, perhaps the Arabian Knight will look something like one of these from my display collection (sans the horse and camel of course):

Very cool collection.

That little baby is too cute, even though the head looks a little big, it's still cute. And please no LEGO, a year without a regular series would disappoint me severely.

Very cool collection.

Honestly the big head adds to the baby's charm. Lego exaggerating the head makes this fit in with the Minifigure world and honestly personifies the baby more then trying to go realistic.

You're welcome :grin:

Honestly the big head adds to the baby's charm. Lego exaggerating the head makes this fit in with the Minifigure world and honestly personifies the baby more then trying to go realistic.

I definitely see how why they left it like that. It does add some charm that the head fits into the Minifigure world.

Banana costume

Penguin mask

Acoustic Guitar

Dog

I want an army of penguin guys with their little penguin sidekicks. Argh this series is going to empty my bank pretty quickly!

Cute?

It looks like she/he is coming to suck your soul

And that's where the fun is going to happen... When we get to switch the heads for something a little innocent. :)

It's not a normal minifigure head. Look at the stud, it's not the standard size. It looks like the baby is one piece, so no head-swapping.

It's weird that they didn't use a regular minifigure head

They will need a new mould everytime they want to give him/her a hat/hairpiece...... like Scarface

Edited by Robert8

An Arabian Knight sounds really cool. I missed out on the wonderful Prince of Persia figures so i'm looking forward to this especially since middle eastern designs in Lego looks cool for Star Wars stuff.

It's not a minifigure head but it is removable.

Oh wow, thank you so much for that link! I hadn't seen that yet, and it definitely provided some definitive answers! It seems odd to me that the head is removable, yet not interchangeable with standard heads. I'm also disappointed that the arms don't move, but oh well, what the hell, I still love these guys and I can't wait to amass a creepy, jankily-toddling army of soulless babies.

It's weird that they didn't use a regular minifigure head

They will need a new mould everytime they want to give him/her a hat/hairpiece...... like Scarface

...Which means that if they make Scarface...His white hat willn't be transferable!

Noooooooooooooooooo!

EDIT: You can put those heads on Friends bodies and vice versa, though, it would seem.

That'll make for a wacky good time.

Edited by Actor Builder

It seems as though the connection is a standard neck size, though, so they are interchangeable! You would just have bobble-head babies and your normal-size figs would have shrunken heads! :rofl:

That baby is tiny. A lot smaller then pictures led me to believe.

Also, does anyone know or could guess the display size of the Fun in the Park set? I want to get a big green base plate to display it on. Also this set seems like a great pack for any city scene. A couple of these would add a lot to any city.

Edited by Tech Artist

That baby is tiny. A lot smaller then pictures led me to believe.

Also, does anyone know or could guess the display size of the Fun in the Park set? I want to get a big green base plate to display it on. Also this set seems like a great pack for any city scene. A couple of these would add a lot to any city.

A 16x32 base plate could work

...Which means that if they make Scarface...His white hat willn't be transferable!

Noooooooooooooooooo!

EDIT: You can put those heads on Friends bodies and vice versa, though, it would seem.

That'll make for a wacky good time.

Oh my. "Willn't" drives me just as crazy as "won't" drives you. :tongue: But the point is....

It seems as though the connection is a standard neck size, though, so they are interchangeable! You would just have bobble-head babies and your normal-size figs would have shrunken heads! :rofl:

^This. That is going to look so freaky. I'm not sure if I'm in favor or against. :laugh:

Cute?

It looks like she/he is coming to suck your soul

LMAO! Yes, in a creepy sort of way it looks like that too.

Wow, definitely a lot smaller than they way it looked in pictures.

The guy says in the video the neck connection is the diameter of a bar, so it won't work natively, but you could use a 1x1 round plate with the hole in the center as an adapter.

Edited by Blitzismydog

Despite not having a regular head, the new baby piece is be very versatile. Right now I can think on these CMF's reusing that piece:

As a marionette for a Marionettist

As a robot for a Robotics Engineer

As a sculpture for a Sculptor

As a baby for a Babysitter

As a dummy for a Ventriloquist

As a little kangaroo for a Kangaroo Suit Girl

The guy says in the video the neck connection is the diameter of a bar, so it won't work natively, but you could use a 1x1 round plate with the hole in the center as an adapter.

Huh, I remember straining to hear correctly, but I thought he was saying it was a standard neck-piece size. But maybe you're right! I'm not gonna go back and check it right now though :grin:

Despite not having a regular head, the new baby piece is be very versatile. Right now I can think on these CMF's reusing that piece:

As a dummy for a Ventriloquist

Agreed, there could be tons of applications, and I definitely like some of your suggestions. I can't really picture the joey (which is what I assume you mean by "little kangaroo"), but I love the idea of a marionette or robot! I'm definitely looking forward to the babysitter and a certain infamous ventriloquist.

As a dummy for a Dumb Person

All of these were similar in name with the exception of Dummy and Ventriloquist, so I changed it so they would be similar in name as well.

That's all, carry on.

All of these were similar in name with the exception of Dummy and Ventriloquist, so I changed it so they would be similar in name as well.

That's all, carry on.

I don't understand. Perhaps you have your own opinions, but consider that they're not everyone's.

And I agree, that baby would make a great robot. But what a waste of a piece with that head mold. Its only purpose seems to be giving the baby no neck, but it's practically useless elsewhere.

Oh I think that was probably just a joke, a play on the words rather than an opinion or a comment on anyone's else's opinion.

But moving on... that video gives us the dimensions that the babies head is two studs high, from the picture it therefore appears that the body is the same size as a regular brick? Just my opinion but I think the child would look strange with a regular sized head as that would mean the head would be the same size as the body and legs.

It does seem odd that the stud on top is not a standard size since this prevents the babies from being stackable and limits the ability to build on top of them like you can a standard mini figure. It would be interesting to see them compare to a micro figure which I believe are 2 bricks high and have a standard hole on top. I did initially think maybe they have a small hole that would allow friends-style accessories to be added on top; something that would add a nice element of cross-over between the lines and limits the need for new moulds, but it looks like its solid on top.

Anyway I am happy with the new baby, to me it looks cute and adds diversity to the minifigure population without deviating too much from the iconic minifigure proportions.

I want lots of babies.