8BrickMario

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 16 Rumors and Discussion

We might see official lists of names or parts of the lists at the Toy Fair, but not actual figures... Hopefully we'll get new news in some form.

I'm thinking the Hiker might come with a walking stick, which could be easily done as a 4L bar... Maybe he'll have short sleeves, and two-tone legs for hiking boots... Seems likely he won't have anything as a new mold, but still has the potential to be an interesting figure.

We might see official lists of names or parts of the lists at the Toy Fair, but not actual figures... Hopefully we'll get new news in some form.

I'm thinking the Hiker might come with a walking stick, which could be easily done as a 4L bar... Maybe he'll have short sleeves, and two-tone legs for hiking boots... Seems likely he won't have anything as a new mold, but still has the potential to be an interesting figure.

I found some Google images of some good concepts.

This and This are good concepts with some changes to fit in with the collectible line. Instead of a 4L bar, why not a Bar 6.6L with Stop Ring or perhaps if they want to do a new piece, they could a stick the size of a 4L bar or the 6.6L bar?

This and This are good concepts with some changes to fit in with the collectible line. Instead of a 4L bar, why not a Bar 6.6L with Stop Ring or perhaps if they want to do a new piece, they could a stick the size of a 4L bar or the 6.6L bar?

I guess this is the piece he will use

6107151.jpg

Recolored in brown, so it will look like this:

cartoon-hiker-clipart-1.jpg

Edited by Robert8

I image that the hiker will be a money saving minifig without any new molds. They would use the walking stick, scarecrow / farmers hat, existing backpack AND a 1 x 1 studless round piece printed as a compass.

I guess this is the part he will use

6107151.jpg

Recolored in brown, to look like this:

cartoon-hiker-clipart-1.jpg

Never thought about that or even knew about that piece. Good thinking.

Torso like this?

elena_udf_1.jpg

Probably not, as we have another new baby "figure" coming out in the City sets who is more suited to contemporary use.

I'm not so sure, as that baby is almost an entire minifigure unto itself, but I suppose it's possible. I'd expect the papoose recolored in white, baby blue, or pink.

I was just thinking that the more 2-year-old sized child as opposed to the more "newborn" swaddled baby might help to convey that the baby is someone else's child.

I was just thinking that the more 2-year-old sized child as opposed to the more "newborn" swaddled baby might help to convey that the baby is someone else's child.

That's fair. And it should actually be small enough anyways, so it's certainly possible.

Nice concepts. That's about what I'm expecting to see.

From what I remember from scouts, a walking stick should never go above the armpits, so a 6.6L bar might be too long, and I'm not sure it warrants a new mold...

I guess this is the part he will use

Recolored in brown, so it will look like this:

Great idea! I never thought of using the ski poles for hiking, but I've seen hiking poles used many times before by hikers.

I image that the hiker will be a money saving minifig without any new molds. They would use the walking stick, scarecrow / farmers hat, existing backpack AND a 1 x 1 studless round piece printed as a compass.

Good idea with the compass. Not sure on headgear, though a hat of some sort seems likely.

I mean..

Collectibles (Ages 5+)

LEGO Minifiguresâ„¢ allow LEGO fans to collect and build their own minifigure population with 50 never-before-seen LEGO Minifigures debuting in three waves this year. Mystery packaging includes one figure each for $3.99.

16 + 18 + 16 = 50

Edited by CM4Sci

CM4Sci, besides saying the box colors, I'm not sure what you're trying to say. The math seems all there to me. I'm bad at math, but it looks right.

Are you just revealing the box color?

Anyways, what if the babysitter came with both new baby pieces? That would be fun.

CM4Sci, besides saying the box colors, I'm not sure what you're trying to say. The math seems all there to me. I'm bad at math, but it looks right.

Are you just revealing the box color?

Anyways, what if the babysitter came with both new baby pieces? That would be fun.

Forgot to bold something...

the 50 figures SHOULD be 15 - Disney - 16.

I don't expect these or Disney on the NY Toy Fair. Last year we saw only the boxes for Disney and S14

The only news I expect about these is the official release date release but that's it. (I'm really interested to see S16 released date)

I don't expect these or Disney on the NY Toy Fair. Last year we saw only the boxes for Disney and S14

The only news I expect about these is the official release date release but that's it. (I'm really interested to see S16 released date)

So am I, because the confusion in S15 was a mess. I went to a different Target and they don't have them yet, and the display is full of S14.

So am I, because the confusion in S15 was a mess. I went to a different Target and they don't have them yet, and the display is full of S14.

All the targets around me have tons of S14 but no S15 yet too. I wonder if they have them but are waiting to get rid of the 14's.

I am excited about this list.

For the Snow Queen I hope we get a new, more elaborate crown/hair piece.

I'm still intrigued about how they can make spooky boy interesting, which I am sure they will. Maybe he could come with a ventriloquist's dummy, using the new baby piece? That would be creepy.

I reckon the kickboxer could be the one that reuses the ponytail, or maybe she will have a longer one, either way she'll need her hair tied back or short hair, loose isn't an option imo.

I hope the babysitter gets some headphones moulded into the hair piece and an ipod (a walkman or whatever the kids use to listen to tunes these days), basically I am hoping something like the trendsetter but with the new baby piece.

I am hoping for something good with the scallywag, seems like CMF have been a good source for pirate theme in general, hope this one doesn't disappoint, I guess he will be pretty dishevelled looking (like the prospector was) although not obviously drunk.

I guess banana suit guy could be half peeled, you get some interesting results when you google image search...

Anyways I can't wait for more info, I think this has potential :-)

Edited by BrickOn

All the targets around me have tons of S14 but no S15 yet too. I wonder if they have them but are waiting to get rid of the 14's.

You could always ask someone there. Ask them to look for the DCPI 204-00-1379. They may take you to the shelf with the series 14 minifigures, then just tell them there is a new series and ask them to check the stock room.

Good luck!

Is the snow queen relating to Elsa?

It definitely could be based off of her. That was my first thought when I saw snow queen.

Edited by amazingbricks

Or she could be based on the original Hans Christian Andersen (Danish) story, Snow Queen, the inspiration behind Frozen?

Or:

There could have been a translation error, resulting in the Snow Queen actually being....

A Sow Queen. She is a pig.

That's weird. Never mind that I guess.

I thought so too, and i asked and they still haven't had any shipment in that particular Target i went to. My closest target has them, but not the other one.

On a different not, I was looking at pictures of a group of Mariachis serenading Pope Francis. Their chars were black with amazing gold embroidery. That's how i would want the S16 Mariachi to look like. So much detail embroidered in gold from their pants all their way to the hat.

I just wanted to confirm that we have no rumors regarding anything special being done for this series 16. It just seemed to me that Lego would do something different for series 16, considering that each series contains 16 figures, and that the series is being released in 2016. :tongue:.

I just wanted to confirm that we have no rumors regarding anything special being done for this series 16. It just seemed to me that Lego would do something different for series 16, considering that each series contains 16 figures, and that the series is being released in 2016. :tongue:.

I'm afraid they are using yellow again.... and it's the exact shade of yellow Series 1 had.

Maybe this is the last numbered/regular series? :sceptic:

I'm afraid they are using yellow again.... and it's the exact shade of yellow Series 1 had.

Maybe this is the last numbered/regular series? :sceptic:

Eh, people have been panicking about the "last regular series" for two years now. I doubt it.