8BrickMario

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 16 Rumors and Discussion

It was amazingbricks who said there are 3 animals in this series, but he didn't say the 3 are new moulds

We know the Dog Trainer/Judge has a (new) dog - confirmed by CM4Sci

We know the Wildlife Photographer has a penguin (either a new one or the old mold) - confirmed by CM4Sci

The last one could be a parrot for the Scallywag Pirate (either a new one or the old mold)

Edited by Robert8

The last one could be a parrot for the Scallywag Pirate (either a new one or the old mold)

It'd be neat it it was a new mold that hooked around the neck and sat on the pirate's shoulder.

Or if they just had a piece that allowed that with the old parrot mold.

It'd be neat it it was a new mold that hooked around the neck and sat on the pirate's shoulder.

Or if they just had a piece that allowed that with the old parrot mold.

That's a good idea. I second this movement. All in favor?

Honestly, I can't see that looking good on a minifigure, and if it were part of the parrot, it'd be useless anywhere else.

Honestly, I can't see that looking good on a minifigure, and if it were part of the parrot, it'd be useless anywhere else.

Imagine a new shoulder tassel piece that has a stud for the Parrot.

Not to be used for all pirates, just the animal loving ones. The other pirates can keep their normal shoulder tassels.

When I heard about the Jewel Thief in Series 15, I was hoping for a medieval style thief who steals right from the King's treasury. Well, it turned out to be a city style thief, but I might be getting what I hoped for in Series 16 :sweet: I guess the Rogue will be a castle/medieval minifigure. I wonder if he will be a thief, or more of a highwayman kind of rogue? If second, perhaps they might include a Wolfpack symbol somewhere on his torso(or shield, if he has one), or at least mention it in his bio, like they did with Forestman, Evil Knight and Space Villain.

As for the Arabian Knight, I wonder if they'll use the headgear from Prince of Persia sets (88287) ? Also, I wonder what kind of sword he will have? Probably a scimitar like Series 13 Egyptian Warrior, but perhaps a new mold altogether. I don't see him carrying a shield though, I don't know why.

I went to google images to see what the Arabian Knight would possibly looks like and all the pictures included in the search included different variants of Arabian Knights and except 1 image that was of a bunch of Dog Show judges and a dog with his 1st place ribbon. Is that a coincidence or what haha. I was like *huh*

I went to google images to see what the Arabian Knight would possibly looks like and all the pictures included in the search included different variants of Arabian Knights and except 1 image that was of a bunch of Dog Show judges and a dog with his 1st place ribbon. Is that a coincidence or what haha. I was like *huh*

Those two minifigures will go well with each other then.

Edited by amazingbricks

What do you think about the Scallywag Pirate?

Is that just a fancy name for a regular crew pirate? like this:

ba6e8f8f6d53468f498fa66e56b0c6b7.jpg

Or is "scallywag" just an excuse for a rehash of the S8 Pirate Captain? Like "Wacky" Witch or "Frightening" Knight

The rogue sounds like a winner for sure. I'm hoping the snow queen is cool too.

Fresh pirates are always good. Really looking forward to this series.

As for the Arabian Knight, I wonder if they'll use the headgear from Prince of Persia sets (88287) ? Also, I wonder what kind of sword he will have? Probably a scimitar like Series 13 Egyptian Warrior, but perhaps a new mold altogether. I don't see him carrying a shield though, I don't know why.

I've always seen the Egyptian Warrior's sword as a Khopesh, so I don't think an Arabian Knight would use one. Perhaps the AK will come with the same scimitar that Samurai X had in the 2012 Ninjago Booster pack?

Edited by pawcanada

I've always seen the Egyptian Warrior's sword as a Khopesh, so I don't think an Arabian Knight would use one. Perhaps the AK will come with the same scimitar that Samurai X had in the 2012 Ninjago Booster pack?

Ah, I thought EW's sword was a scimitar as well. That scimitar you mentioned fits much better, but I think it is a bit too big for a minifigure. That scimitar was introduced with 4 Juniors Pirates in 2004 and since the mini(?)figures of that theme were bigger, it looked fine on them. But, while they've used it in a couple of sets with regular minifigures(Ninjago, Adventurers, Prince of Persia), it is practically too big for a minifigure. Perhaps they might make a modified/slightly smaller version of that scimitar for AK.

LEGO will probably give us the much-beloved Goblin/Zombie Pirate Captain scimitar. :laugh_hard: Even Egyptian Warrior's khopesh would be better than that.

I expect/hope it will be this turban

3318.jpg

And this scimitar:

2040.jpg

Edited by Robert8

Please NO! Why waste a CMF on a reprinted PoP figure? I'm hoping for a new hat/helm and a new weapon.

The S13 turban would be better than a PoP rehash, but I'm really hoping for something new.

Exactly, a turban would be a total waste, and this sword is also too big for LEGO, allthough this below is a Saracen, I hope it will be something in this line... also hopefully not GOLD color again, tired of it from Egyptian warrior and this winged warrior now.

The problem I find with CMFs is that if a castle or medieval fig is without shield I find it hard to want it for army building, i simply need cool shields!

5a09f0c0ebc25a7c264cdf047d16e5a2.jpg

Based on the names, the ones that excite me the most are the Cyborg, Spy, Imp, Rogue, Arabian Knight, Serenader, Spooky Boy, and Scallawag Pirate.

The Arabian Knight (nice pun) should be interesting. Not sure what kind of headgear or weapon/shield he'll get, but I hope for an interesting cape or similar cloth part.

I wonder how the Cyborg will look... Will he have a robot arm/leg? a space gun/laser of some sort? I keep thinking it will be something similar to the S3 Space Villain, but I hope we get something a little more unique/interesting...

I wonder what the Spy will have for accessories... A cool gadget of some sort? How similar will he be to the S15 Jewel Thief?

Now I wanna see pictures....

Perhaps the Rogue will be like one of these two from my display collection:

dnd_rogues.jpg

I hope they'll give the Rogue a new hood, preferably in black.