8BrickMario

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 16 Rumors and Discussion

So, it would be

1. Snow Queen

2. Devil Costumed Guy

I'm suprised to see they are releasing a Devil costume

What is this supposed to mean?

Agree.... Further explanation would be appreciated

Oh, I hope the imp isn't a costume...that would be a totally missed opportunity for a great figure.

It's like LEGO is saying: hey, we are releasing a Devil minifigure buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut we are actually not.

So, everything is ok.

I guess Devil Costumed Guy will have a new hairpiece with horns and a new tail.

Reuse of the Gargoyle wings is almost mandatory

Edited by Robert8

I guess not all these cases always come with gender counterparts, if so LEGO would have added more girls that are based on previous male characters and justify the gender ratio. I think some of them are just one-time character without the need of reappearance (or just reappear in regular sets) so no chance for gender swap too.

I'd just say that Space ladies are really few, and so far the City blue-collar workers (not counting construction workers) are all guys, which seem unbalanced.

I agree, there are some male figures that don't necessarily require an opposite-gendered counterpart, and vice versa. In some of the existing cases, they did it to increase the mileage of existing specialized parts, such as the Lifeguards, the Clockwork Robots, or the Cyclopes. So I feel like the possibility is still always there even without considering the re-usage of a part.

For Space, I wouldn't mind another female, seeing as we only have Intergalactic Girl and the Alien Villianess as CMFs. Though I am unsure if she would be different enough to make her interesting other than the fact that she is a female... And I would hope she isn't too pink...

For blue collar workers, I feel that most depictions of Mechanics, Plumbers, Welders, Carpenters, etc. are male, and that's why I can see why LEGO made those figures male, but it doesn't justify them not making any of them female since females could work those jobs as well. It goes back to what I said before - if they wanted a female to portray that character, they would make it so. That said, I wouldn't mind a Rosie-the-Riveter type of female working a blue collar job, as it would be a fantastic reference to propaganda from prior eras where more women would work those types of jobs while the men were away fighting in the war.

Oh, I hope the imp isn't a costume...that would be a totally missed opportunity for a great figure.

I think an Imp figure is a great idea as long as it's clearly meant to be an Imp without any satanic references. In other words, I doubt this figure will be a Devil Costume, as it's clearly meant to represent a devil, and I don't think making it a costume would lessen the blow, so to speak. IIRC, some depictions of Satan have him with the parts of a goat, and since we now have a Faun amongst the CMF lineup, I guess religion isn't really THAT big of an issue in the consideration of new figures. I guess I'm also conglomerating a devil and the Devil, but that's for the sake of simplicity.

All that being said, I really hope the Imp reuses the Gargoyle wings, but I don't think a new tail would be necessary to bring the idea across. I guess it would depend on what kind of accessories he ends up holding, if any, since I'm sure he'll come with a new hairpiece.

Edited by telaruhn

For Space, I wouldn't mind another female, seeing as we only have Intergalactic Girl and the Alien Villianess as CMFs. Though I am unsure if she would be different enough to make her interesting other than the fact that she is a female... And I would hope she isn't too pink...

I think a female Cyborg/Space pirate is likely to happen. Maybe even space marine woman, but I don't want any more of those.

I wouldn't assume imp to be a devil type character, while they are sometimes pictured like that other times they are similar to fairies and elves...in fact the gargoyle could pass for an imp if you recoloured it to not look like stone. Given how little it takes for some parties to jump on the "corruption of youth" rabble I think LEGO would be safest in avoiding anything too devil like. Until we see anything I'm going to assume any Imp character would basically be something in the way of a male fairy or something like the faun to avoid any disappointment.

As long as they portray it as a cartoony devil as seen in the "shoulder-conscience" depictions, it should be fine. Besides, I can't see too many people offended by it. And if religious people who would otherwise ignore LEGO are suddenly offended, then that's their own problem. But a wicked male fairy sounds just as interesting. I'd like to see that one, too.

Of course, if they make a devil, I hope they'll have a cherubic angel to pair with him someday.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Costumes sound like a good way to avoid religious issues. Perhaps we can customize it into a real devil with the new parts it provides. But personally, I'm just fine with the referenced characters like Gargoyle.

Though I am unsure if she would be different enough to make her interesting other than the fact that she is a female... And I would hope she isn't too pink...

Yeah, that's why I believed there could be a normal astronaut woman or a realistic version of space heroine. Intergalactic Girl just seems too cartoonic, compared with any other later space heroes.

A female astronaut might work best if she was in the blue jumpsuit instead of the pressure suit. We don't have any astronauts like that and they could do the hips that way. It would be cool if her hair was molded to look like it was floating in weightlessness.

I was told it was a costumed guy, I dunno.

It could either be an imp, whatever that is, or a costumed person. Would the person be a kid with horns in the hairs? Red cap with horns?

Edited by CM4Sci

Hmmmm a kid?

A kid in a devil costume.... I'm not sure if I like that

A proper Devil minifigure would have the Faun legs.... but if it is a kid, then I'd say it's 95% sure it will be a costume, and no the actual character.

Edited by Robert8

Hmmmm a kid?

A kid in a devil costume.... I'm not sure if I like that

A proper Devil minifigure would have the Faun legs.... but if it is a kid, then I'd say it's 95% sure it will be a costume, and no the actual character.

I said kid because it's a common generic costume. I doubt it'll be a kid.

Oh.... I understand.

Then there still a chance to get an actual Devil minifigure.

C'mon LEGO :cry_sad: !

This would be my ideal Devil minifigure: (new) hair with horns piece + regular head + Gargoyle wings + regular torso + (new) tail + Faun legs.

Well... an Imp with (new) hair with horns piece + regular head + Gargoyle wings + regular torso + (new) tail + Faun legs, would make me happy :classic:

My ideal Imp minifigure would come with pale blonde hair, one green eye and one black eye. He would come with a book titled "The Histories" and a new duel molded wine glass with red wine. However, I doubt that is the version of the Imp we will get. :devil:

As long as it is a detailed useful minifig for Fantasy, I will be in favor of it.

Having an Imp costume guy wouldn't really make sense. Imps are fairly obscure, and the other costumes are basic things, such as the Gorilla, Hot Dog, Shark, etc.

Yeah, it just seems like a ruined opportunity. It could be an excellent figure, but if it's just a guy in a demon costume, then that's a pretty sloppy way to get around the implications.

We already got 2 costumed Minifigures in Series 13

(And in Series 14 since the Plant Monster is described as a costume as well)

It's uncommon, but there is a precedent

Edited by Robert8

We already got 2 costumed Minifigures in Series 13

(And in Series 14 since the Plant Monster is described as a costume as well)

It's uncommon, but there is a precedent

Oh, I totally forgot. I guess we might be getting 2 costumed people after all.

Did I miss something? Who's the "other costumed character?"

Here?

Hmmm, I'm thinking Series 16 already- a Banana Suited Person would be like, the logical answer to another suited figure, that and/or a Penguin Suited Person, another Pirate seems likely (ugh), heck maybe even a female Boxer, we need more female sport figures...

The question is..... Could we get 3 costumed characters?

Devil Costume

Banana Costume

Penguin Costume

Edited by Robert8

Here:

I thought he said he was just guessing on all of that, or did he confirm it? and we would never get three costumed minifigures.

Edited by amazingbricks