8BrickMario

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 16 Rumors and Discussion

Unfortunately, I'm a bit too purist to want to buy the BrickForge version, but I do appreciate it. Even if it doesn't appear in the CMF series, a good medieval fantasy Castle theme could easily include it. I doubt we'd see a centaur, especially a minifigure style centaur, in the Elves theme (which is a minidoll theme).

So for the ones that would make good CMFs, I'd love the gnomish guy to the right of the Centaur, and the other guy below him. The Gaul would also be great, as would the Dark Elf Sorceress and Evil Genie.

I wonder if this series will have more than 5 female minifigures

Just my personal question: do you guys think the gender ratio would maintain like this in any future series?

While I'm fine with characters of both genders as long as they are creative enough, sometimes I feel like some characters from the series don't seem necessarily for guys (my series 15 picks: Astronaut, Kendo Master, Janitor). Is it something done by purpose or just an inclination?

I thought TLM series was a turning point, or that series should be considered a special case?

For regular CMF series, I'd say yes.

Since CMF Series 6, they include 5 girls. If they haven't changed it, it's because that amount works fine for them.

About the Astronaut, Kendo Fighter and Janitor.... remember they could return as females in a future CMF series, like the tennis players, the waiter/waitress and the lifeguards

Sometimes the guy comes first (waiter, lederhosen guy) and sometimes the girl comes first (Lifeguard, Snowboarder)

Just my personal question: do you guys think the gender ratio would maintain like this in any future series?

For the most part, I think yes. 6 will probably be the maximum amount of females we will see in any series, as the Minifigures theme seems to be more catered to males, and most males prefer to play as their own gender. But the inclusion of females is still there to appease those who were prefer a female figure. I still think they've come a long way, since they only had a measly 2 females in Series 1.

I think we should consider which gender is more likely to be well-repesented by a given figure. Figures like the Queen and Tribal Woman have to be female by default, since being a female is basically a requirement for them to be called those names. On the other hand, Figures like the Jewel Thief and Animal Control Officer aren't as clear-cut, since gender is irrelevant of their occupation or hobby. But making them female (possibly) makes them more interesting, at least in the case for the Jewel Thief who already has male versions in City sets.

What I'm trying to say is - characters like the Janitor, Astronaut, and Kendo Fighter are purposefully depicted as males because that gender better represents the figure that LEGO is trying to produce. But the same idea goes for the Animal Control Officer and Jewel Thief as female figures, as those could potentially be males.

TLM is an outlier in its own right, like the Simpsons or upcoming Disney series, regardless of the number of females. It likely has 6 to include the Wild West version of Wyldstyle, who is unique to that set.

Edited by telaruhn

I'm still waiting for another musician or two, it seems to be a mostly unexplored field. We've had the bagpipes, the snake charmer had a flute, and a couple rock stars but that's about it.

Might have to remember that Boudon's designs are not all for CMF series. Some are probably for theme proposals, like the Monster Fighters.

Sadly Firenze wasn't introduced in any Hogwarts set. :sceptic: Maybe Elves would do?

Exactly, this is this image I was talking about in one on my previous message up there... But I'm not able to share it I don't know why...if someone could help? So, on this Bondon image, we can see some Monster fighters sets, Medusa, Pirate Ghost boat and other characters I didn't see on the images posted up there. I really would like share it with you people but for some reasons I don't know, I can't :(

Found this recolor of that spiked hair piece, it could be used for this series or the Disney series. I'm leaning towards it being in this series. Discuss!

http://gw.alicdn.com...0s150.jpg_.webp

That's a pretty generic piece. It could be for Superheroes, City, CMF, Dimensions..... heck, even Nexo Knights

Edited by Robert8

I'm still waiting for another musician or two, it seems to be a mostly unexplored field. We've had the bagpipes, the snake charmer had a flute, and a couple rock stars but that's about it.

I agree as well. Keyboard, violin, cello and flute are all good contenders.

Don't forget the Mariachi guy!

But yeah, the rock/punk scene is definitely over-represented. I'd like to see a lot more musical genres featured, with distinctive instruments:

Jazz: trumpet

Classical: Violin

Folk: Acoustic guitar

Bluegrass: Banjo

Marching Band: Flute/piccolo

But yeah, the rock/punk scene is definitely over-represented. I'd like to see a lot more musical genres featured, with distinctive instruments:

Jazz: trumpet

Classical: Violin

Folk: Acoustic guitar

Bluegrass: Banjo

Marching Band: Flute/piccolo

I also forgot the sax guy, but how I would love to get the banjo! My life would be complete :classic:

I tend to forget about the sax guy too. I think I get distracted by how much he looks like John Belushi in The Blues Brothers.

About the Astronaut, Kendo Fighter and Janitor.... remember they could return as females in a future CMF series, like the tennis players, the waiter/waitress and the lifeguards

Sometimes the guy comes first (waiter, lederhosen guy) and sometimes the girl comes first (Lifeguard, Snowboarder)

What I'm trying to say is - characters like the Janitor, Astronaut, and Kendo Fighter are purposefully depicted as males because that gender better represents the figure that LEGO is trying to produce. But the same idea goes for the Animal Control Officer and Jewel Thief as female figures, as those could potentially be males.

I guess not all these cases always come with gender counterparts, if so LEGO would have added more girls that are based on previous male characters and justify the gender ratio. I think some of them are just one-time character without the need of reappearance (or just reappear in regular sets) so no chance for gender swap too.

I'd just say that Space ladies are really few, and so far the City blue-collar workers (not counting construction workers) are all guys, which seem unbalanced.

Animal Control Officer could be considered the partner of Farmer with in this series, so I just skip both of them.

Exactly, this is this image I was talking about in one on my previous message up there... But I'm not able to share it I don't know why...if someone could help? So, on this Bondon image, we can see some Monster fighters sets, Medusa, Pirate Ghost boat and other characters I didn't see on the images posted up there. I really would like share it with you people but for some reasons I don't know, I can't :(

This?

I don't think we'll Monsters for a while in this theme

I hope they will return in regulars series soon, though

Edited by Robert8

I would like to clarify something.

I did not confirm the Snow Queen would use the Queen dress. I said it was a possibility.

I was confused on how you knew this, but then I remembered we had one a few series back. :tongue:

From what I know, the only "monster" in this series is an imp in some form.

So, that's 2/16!

1. Snow Queen

2. Imp*

Thanks!

(Now that you point out that it's just a possibility, I hope she will use the regular slope)

Edited by Robert8

So, that's 2/16!

1. Snow Queen

2. Imp*

Thanks!

(Now that you point out that it's just a possibility, I hope she will use the regular slope)

An Imp? Is that like a small goblin?

When I was told, I googled it and it showed a goblin/devil thing.

So a devil costume, basically.

I think an Imp is something like this:

Veined_Imp.png

I guess that's the closest thing to the Devil we'll ever get

When I was told, I googled it and it showed a goblin/devil thing.

So a devil costume, basically.

So maybe this "Imp" is the same as the Demon that was rumored before?

I was confused on how you knew this, but then I remembered we had one a few series back. :tongue:

What is this supposed to mean?