8BrickMario

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 16 Rumors and Discussion

I didn't see a topic for this already, but we have some news for it.

Confirmed figures:

Babysitter

Wildlife Photographer

Cyborg

Ice Queen

Penguin Suit Guy

Banana Suit Guy

Spy

Imp

Hiker

Rogue

Arabian Knight

Serenader

Spooky Boy

Scallywag Pirate

Dog Show Judge

Female Kickboxer

Release: Fall 2016

Set no: 71013

Series Color: Yellow (again)

Edited by 8BrickMario

Thanks for the info! :laugh:

So, now we know 1/16 minifigures from Series 16

----

The Snow Queen is a very odd choice, I have to say.

But I'm sure she will look awesome. I guess her accessory will be a mirror since she has one in the fairytale

image004.jpg

Of course, without the demon-esque creatures holding it

Edited by Robert8

Speaking of demons, wasn't there a rumored cartoon devil? I'd love that. But yeah, the mirror would make a lot of sense, if it's the specific Snow Queen from the fairy tale.

Except that in the original fairy tale*, the Snow Queen had nothing to do with the mirror. There's sort of a throwaway first act where the Devil invents a mirror that reflects all goodness as badness and beauty as ugliness. It gets shattered into a million pieces, which scatter all over the world and get into people's eyes and hearts, causing them to become cynics. One such victim is the boy Kay, which is how he becomes susceptible to the Snow Queen's influence, thus starting the story proper.

Most adaptations omit the bit with the Devil simply because it's so superfluous to the rest of the story. Instead, they often cut out the middleman and have the Snow Queen herself use shards of ice to influence Kay directly.

* "The Snow Queen" is probably my favorite fairy tale of all time, and I don't use the word "favorite" lightly. I made my own Snow Queen minifig a while back, so this is very exciting news to me!

Edited by Karalora

Set number is 71013 and release date is Fall 2016. Maybe you should add this to the first post, 8BrickMario

Following the trend, I'd say the color of this series will be White

White was the Series 6 color, which is the best series ever IMO

So, Series 16.... you have big shoes to fill.

Edited by Robert8

A bit unexpected, but this rumored Snow Queen is likely a side effect from Frozen. With that said, I hope she doesn't look anything like Elsa, but rather has her own unique look. I wonder if she will have an accessory...

I don't remember Itaria's list from the guessing thread before he deleted it, but I'm willing to bet that figures from his list will make an appearance in Series 16.

I'm still waiting on a basketball player... It's one of the few well-known sports that has yet to be made as a CMF.

I don't remember Itaria's list from the guessing thread before he deleted it, but I'm willing to bet that figures from his list will make an appearance in Series 16.

I do.

He had an Iceman in his list

I didn't see a topic for this already, but we have some news for it. Without saying a source, it's been all but confirmed that one of these 16 figures will be a Snow Queen using the new dress piece in light blue. Make of that what you will.

Release: Fall 2016

Set no: 71013

Ya don't think it's a bit early for this? :tongue:

Edited by CM4Sci

I was going to wait to post until later, it's too early for this.

We had the Disney series thread 13 months before the release date. I think it's ok

We had the Disney series thread 13 months before the release date. I think it's ok

I should go ahead and make a Series 17 thread then? There is no confirmation for any figures.

I should go ahead and make a Series 17 thread then? There is no confirmation for any figures.

I don't know about Series 17 (I don't even know if it will happen. I sure hope so!), but we know this about S16:

Series 16 will be a regular series.

I think that's enough

:classic:

Edited by Robert8

Okay, I see the point here. I just wanted to have a place to talk about the rumors we have heard. If we know there is an S16 and that we have some potential news for it, then it should be enough.

snow queen sounds promising. hopefully she will have a long cape like the magicians but in pale blue with silver snow flakes. pure white hair would be awesome too. maybe something spikey? accessory, if not a mirror, maybe a blue flame like those used in the frozen set?

Except that in the original fairy tale*, the Snow Queen had nothing to do with the mirror. There's sort of a throwaway first act where the Devil invents a mirror that reflects all goodness as badness and beauty as ugliness. It gets shattered into a million pieces, which scatter all over the world and get into people's eyes and hearts, causing them to become cynics. One such victim is the boy Kay, which is how he becomes susceptible to the Snow Queen's influence, thus starting the story proper.

Weren't they Trolls? :look:

I don't really remember

Weren't they Trolls? :look:

I don't really remember

"They" who? What?

Edited by Karalora

lego-the-snow-queen-5961-the-snow-queen-5961-bi-5961-1.jpg

The first thing came into my mind was the Belville version. But I doubt this would relate to her due to the fact that the previous Fairytaile Princess didn't add references from Belville's princess series.

Yeah, due to the fact that LEGO having been doing Disney franchises, any generic character based on fairytales would be kinda weird choices. It's nice for them to try to reuse the new Queen skirt part (I guess).

Instead, I would expect LEGO to focus on more different cultures and allow us to see princess or kings worldwide.

Oh, yeah, this should mean that LEGO should really consider to do Queen Elsa a minifigure. :tongue:

I confirm the Ice Queen.

I posted Iceman because I didn't want to be too specific.

Thanks for the confirmation!

Any other hints you could give?

I confirm the Ice Queen.

I posted Iceman because I didn't want to be too specific.

This is confirmed for the Fall release series and not Disney, correct? If so, someone misquoted you in an article and posted it on Facebook.