La Chupacabra

"Battle damaged" Stormtrooper transformation

If you dont mind me asking you posted a pcture of what you used including but I couldnt identify the larger tool. What is it?

There's Brasso, Electrical/Masking Tape, Craft Knife, Toothpicks and Cotton Buds.

Thanks guys. Im going to have to try your technique Chupa. One last question thats probably been asked,how much force did it take to get the printing off? Does the brasso work quickly or did it take a lot of effort? I dont mind putting the work in but if I cant find waterproof tape, most of my nearby hardware stores have closed down, I may try living life on the edge and not use any or maybe just regular tape.

I usually use electrical tape as you can stretch it to give a very clean mask. Don't press too hard with brasso as it can take a little bit of the shine off the area you've rubbed. This is more evident with the old Brasso tubs with the fabric impregnated with it but with the liquid you should be able to adjust how much you press down to get things to come off.

Sorry to step in, Chupacabra... I just thought I'd pass on my experience with it.

I usually use electrical tape as you can stretch it to give a very clean mask. Don't press too hard with brasso as it can take a little bit of the shine off the area you've rubbed. This is more evident with the old Brasso tubs with the fabric impregnated with it but with the liquid you should be able to adjust how much you press down to get things to come off.

Sorry to step in, Chupacabra... I just thought I'd pass on my experience with it.

Thank you :classic: I'm wonder if using toothpicks or Q-Tips for all the spots is the way to go if it potentially takes some of the sheen away. That way the area effected is much smaller. I am very excited to try this. Those sets can't be released here fast enough

I just recently got this battle pack myself. And while I do find the damage to be not too bad, I do want to get a few more of this particular BP and erase some of the damage so that it looks different on each stormie I get.

When using the toothpick near the vent scar how did you do it exactly? Did you just dip the tip with Brasso and then lightly rub it perpendicular to the damage or parallel to it? That is the one part of trying this that is scaring me witless.

I just dip the tip with Brasso and rub the scar. You must be precise :wink:

There is no teacher like experience I guess! I'll give it a shot!

Try ebay.

Still work to do, but I am soooo happy with the results so far! Thanks Chupacabra for bringing this to our attention!

Your welcome!

Post your progress :classic:

I can't believe i'm saying this but I actually love the battle damaged look of the stormtroopers now that I've bought the set. It's only annoying there isn't a cheap way to army build the clean ones besides brassoing these ones.

I can't believe i'm saying this but I actually love the battle damaged look of the stormtroopers now that I've bought the set. It's only annoying there isn't a cheap way to army build the clean ones besides brassoing these ones.

I agree. I dont mind the look of the battle damage too much it makes them seem like "grizzled veterans" who know whats up. Pristine and polished troops look like cannon fodder. I want to remove only some of the damage so that it looks unique for each trooper in these battle packs. Going to look for anything like Brasso at my local hardware store. Japan is picky about what it lets in chemical-wise into the country but I am sure there is a domestic version somewhere I just gotta go dig for it.

Edited by Japanbuilder

I can't believe i'm saying this but I actually love the battle damaged look of the stormtroopers now that I've bought the set.

I dont mind the look of the battle damage too much it makes them seem like "grizzled veterans" who know whats up. Pristine and polished troops look like cannon fodder.

I'm a purist :wink: Only OT matters for me.

Would Brasso work on removing the 30633pb04 printed part of the canopy?

Thx.

I believe it would but if you want you can also try with an eraser even if it's a little harder and it takes more time.

Edited by CRCT Productions

I want to try this, but the post by Hinckley that was referred to on page 2 about discolouration after the use of brasso worries me. I haven't ever used brasso before.

I'm not even sure if I'll be able to use brasso, it might not be available in my country, so maybe nail polish, or...

...Has anyone tried this with a normal pencil eraser?

I want to try this, but the post by Hinckley that was referred to on page 2 about discolouration after the use of brasso worries me. I haven't ever used brasso before.

I'm not even sure if I'll be able to use brasso, it might not be available in my country, so maybe nail polish, or...

...Has anyone tried this with a normal pencil eraser?

I have tried and it really works even if it's harder than Brasso.

I personnally prefere Brasso because it's quicker.

I agree. I recently watched the ANH Blu-Ray on a nice TV, and I was surprised at how dirty and scuffed up the Stormtroopers, C-3P0 and R2-D2 actually were. Maybe it was Blu-Ray, or maybe I never payed attention before.