La Chupacabra

"Battle damaged" Stormtrooper transformation

Another step closer:

23692317900_25d2aed19d_c.jpg

More on-topic: after removing the print, did you notice any change in the plastic's surface at all? Because when I did print removal from torsos and faces, I ended up with the plastic looking less shiny and a little dull and I don't know how to work around that :look:

I didn't notice anything. Im using cotton swabs and toothpick. Maybe you were pressing too much ?

Edited by La Chupacabra

Loving this thread. I had planned to do the exact same thing. It's good to see that the damage near the (vocabulator?) mouth doesn't overlap with his mouth, it's just adjacent to it. So, with precision, it's possible to restore these to stock condition. At least the helmets. I don't mind the little grey scoring on some parts of the armour, it's barely noticeable. Those blotches and big scratches are definitely going to get wiped though

You can also do this with a simple pencil eraser. There was no doubt that those two bigger marks could be removed, but the real question is whether you can remove the one on the air vent (not a mouth). If that one won't come off cleanly then they won't be good replacements for the normal stormtrooper. Also the torso looks a bit more difficult.

If I were to do this job, I'd use masking tape and an automatic eraser with very new batteries, plus some polish...

Also, the black spots on his chest plate could definitely do the role of blaster damage, as a fatality due to a single shot...

Looking good, almost flawless! I wouldn't spot the difference to the undamaged ones. This is truly some impressive effort right there.

How many hours have you invested in this process so far?

How many hours have you invested in this process so far?

About one hour maybe less.

So you use the Brasso-dipped toothpick to clear the printing, then dry with cotton swab?

Yes I'm using Brasso-dipped toothpick or cotton swab depend of size of "damage" and after that I'm polishing plastic with cotton pad.

Finished!

​Find any differences :)

*snip

Wow! Amazing work - it looks perfect! I cant wait to do this when I get my hands on it :grin:

Great job, they have come out very well. Can you do a close up on the air vent?

Here you are:

24043511915_97659a0695_c.jpg

My tools:

23415300204_857c44a35c_c.jpg

Edited by La Chupacabra

You've sold me! Definitely doing this myself. My new favorite battlepack!

Edited by Junior Shark

Good idea. I wonder if one could do the same with the red Imperial Shocktroopers. Could get a bit tricky with the shins but the helmet looks not much worse than those of the battle damaged Stormies.