kabel

The Empire of Eslandola: Sign-up and Discussion

As the mayor of the settlement of Weelond on An Holli, let me suggest Weelond as a lovely place to build your residence. We currently have a 5db rebate for the next two people to build and license an artisan's shop here, but I will extend a rebate to you for your residence as well: 2db if a small residence, and 5db if a medium sized residence.

I could, in my position of mayor of Elysabethtown, offer you the same. :laugh:

But aside from that, I think you choice should depend on your character: if you are a well-bred noble, of an old and respected family, the chance is greater you habit on Weelond, due to that being more settled. Elysabethtown is a frontier-settlement, so don't expect luxuries there!

Of course, Titus is right, but a more neutral town could be Nova Terrelli in Nellisa island. It is a city held by the crown.

On another hand, here is my new freebuild, a little skiff that I enjoyed to build. In such a little scale it is hard to make a good brickbuilt hull !

If you want to join a trade company this would make a difference to where you are locating yourself as you will be doing them a favour by building on their land. It is worth bearing in mind - alternatively Nova Terelli would be an excellent choice I think due to the well-established nature of the settlement and the amount already being built there.

Of course, Titus is right, but a more neutral town could be Nova Terrelli in Nellisa island. It is a city held by the crown.

On another hand, here is my new freebuild, a little skiff that I enjoyed to build. In such a little scale it is hard to make a good brickbuilt hull !

If you want to join a trade company this would make a difference to where you are locating yourself as you will be doing them a favour by building on their land. It is worth bearing in mind - alternatively Nova Terelli would be an excellent choice I think due to the well-established nature of the settlement and the amount already being built there.

I think i will post it on Nova Terelli. Thanks for the recommendations everyone! The build will be posted soon sometime. Edited by Windusky

Just to let you all know that I haven't just stopped building lately... pirate_wink.gif

25408711684_e84f0d1385_z.jpg

It has been finished, photographed, and destroyed - but I still need to edit the pictures with appropriate backgrounds and have a few other things to be doing before that (as well as a smallish build to make that precedes it story-wise), so you'll have to exercise a bit of that rare virtue of patience... pirate_tong.gifpir_laugh2.gif

Just to let you all know that I haven't just stopped building lately... :pir-wink:

It has been finished, photographed, and destroyed - but I still need to edit the pictures with appropriate backgrounds and have a few other things to be doing before that (as well as a smallish build to make that precedes it story-wise), so you'll have to exercise a bit of that rare virtue of patience... :pir-tongue::pir_laugh2:

If we are talking previews of ships here, then I'll have my share!

26123120375_5e23f9b2cd_c.jpg

Pride of Elysabethtown

Missing at least one deck, stern, rigging(the main mast, which is not what it'll look like once it is finished), sails and some other stuff I'm forgetting now. I'm hoping that I can finish this until the 3rd of April, because after that I'll only have time on the weekends. But luckily I don't have to do anything until then, so I might be able to do that even:D

This one won't fit into the current rating though, as I fear there is currently no class which allows a gunrating of 7 or 8 and space for cargo...

This also gives me space for my organ which I've build for the musicians talent fair:D

Edited by Legostone

The LDD representation of the Dark Lightning is nearly complete. Her hull, cabin, sails, rigging, and nation flag are done. All 22 of her big guns are in place. A number of details are still to come, as well as some deck surfacing and crew positions.

I will probably only register her as a freebuild, since the Dark Lightning is one of the Royal Fleet.

Hahaha, I am pretty sure some of my future soldiers will be modified Peter Pan's pirate_laugh2.gif

too much flesh color on the body print for my taste ...

too much flesh color on the body print for my taste ...

I should look better, you're right!

Did the changes to properties happen just now? After the month changed? If not, I submitted my medium Commerce with errors...

Did the changes to properties happen just now? After the month changed? If not, I submitted my medium Commerce with errors...

What changes? Are they announced somewhere?

I don't know if they are announced. I just noticed a major overhaul of the EGS property and settlement rules.

April will be the start date for the new rules... but hold your horses for a bit while we finish getting everything ready. pirate_wink.gif

The Dark Lightning is finished, but my mom's birthday delayed getting all the screenshots. She'll be up some time Monday, and I'll link the .lxf file if someone wants to do the rendering.

Okay, there has been quite some progress on my new ship, the Pride of Elysabethtown:

26077729192_44a43867f6_c.jpgPride of Elysabethtown WIP

She'll be some kind of New Terraman (Indiaman), with around 30 guns and a lot of space for cargo and crew. Are there any good ways besides 32 stud long technic axles to reinforce the masts?

Are there any good ways besides 32 stud long technic axles to reinforce the masts?

If you keep using 3062 as top masts, flex tubes (they aren't as flexible as their name suggests) might be an option. You could also use the 'official' combi of 6538 and 32062 for the top masts. To strenghten the 'intersections' between the lower part of the masts and the upper parts, you could make use of 3176, or some equivalent.

once you start rigging your masts will actually stabilize

once you start rigging your masts will actually stabilize

Yes it will help, but still these masts will look nice but cause a lot of trouble building-wise. At least it is my experience that they are looking for every chance to break...

Yes it will help, but still these masts will look nice but cause a lot of trouble building-wise. At least it is my experience that they are looking for every chance to break...

I actually found a quite stable solution by running a stretched piece of string through them, the main Mast is now almost solid as if it had a long technic axle in it. If you want I can show you what I mean.

I actually found a quite stable solution by running a stretched piece of string through them, the main Mast is now almost solid as if it had a long technic axle in it. If you want I can show you what I mean.

Please do! I didn't quite understand it from our previous conversation.