kabel

The Empire of Eslandola: Sign-up and Discussion

Azul Ferro. Love it! :thumbup:

Not sure I can say the same for Lunissa. Sounds too mmmpheew - sorry, that's the best I can express it. :laugh:

Medibleu?

I'm still stuck on the blue rut.

If we want a mooney feel, maybe something like Cresceny?

Haha ! Ok, perhaps that's not my best !

If you want some idea of root names I think the best for blue is the spanish one : Azul !

For the moon, I am thinking we should go towards the old greek root Selene, in addition, Selene is also a fish, so a great idea for a fishing spot ?

Why would we call an island anything azul - blue, in other words Oleon - our arch rival? how about verde - green, instead?

And ähem, had I not been a leader I would have won category B, and I'm the king and the viceroy and since when is Eslandola a Republic where everybody has a say ... pirate_laugh_new.gif

We are your arch rivals? I thought our relations were friendly pirate_look.gif

Well, in this case 'Azul' is totally okay thumbup.gif As it will just prepare the island for its future status default_devil_laugh.gifpirate_laugh2.gif

Edited by Kolonialbeamter

We are your arch rivals?

We're sort of working on this, you know, give it some spice and some good old trash talk, you crazy religious warmongers!

I suggested azul/blue as the closest I could come up with for something close to indigo. And as a version of "blue iron", it sounded cool to me. But I was not a category winner (just one faction category 3rd place), and I certainly defer to whatever our esteemed king deems appropriate.

Why would we call an island anything azul - blue, in other words Oleon - our arch rival? how about verde - green, instead?

I was wondering the same thing...pirate_laugh_new.gif

To better honor our king, avoid any Oleander inferences, and still reference the suspected iron deposits, I humbly submit "Verde Ferro" as a suggested name for island #6.

I suggested azul/blue as the closest I could come up with for something close to indigo. And as a version of "blue iron", it sounded cool to me. But I was not a category winner (just one faction category 3rd place), and I certainly defer to whatever our esteemed king deems appropriate.

I think he was talking to me...

And sorry if I made something wrong.

Like I said in the begining of this conversation about naming the islands, I did not want disturb anything planned by the game masters.

And ofc we are not a republic ! Long lives the king !

Edited by Faladrin

And sorry if I made something wrong ... Long lives the king !

No worries mate, it's just that I'm in the mood for trashtalk today pirate_laugh_new.gif

I'm in the mood for trashtalk today pirate_laugh_new.gif

That's not royal at all of you, Mr. King/Viceking pirate_laugh2.gif Maybe the Eslandian...olian...der Elite should support a more 'refined' gentleman from amongst the influential companies, and his ambitions for the crown? pirate_tong.gif

Too much blue.

How can our islands be "azur", "azul", "azule" or combinations of it? pirate_sceptic.gif

Vert - verde - green - grün! pirate_laugh2.gif

:dhappy:

Think of the implications if all the islands are named something with green. Better to get used to other colors right away, so we don't have to change the names of all the presently preoccupied islands, when they all eventually become Eslandolan. Edited by Sir Stig

Too much blue.

How can our islands be "azur", "azul", "azule" or combinations of it? pirate_sceptic.gif

Vert - verde - green - grün! pirate_laugh2.gif

I initially proposed Farelli, something neutral without any colour in the name, just reusing the nickname of far island and turning it to a name that could sound Eslandian. So no need of colour. :)

That's not royal at all of you, Mr. King/Viceking pirate_laugh2.gif Maybe the Eslandian...olian...der Elite should support a more 'refined' gentleman from amongst the influential companies, and his ambitions for the crown? pirate_tong.gif

oh, that has nothing to do with either the king nor the viceroy, that's just me after two beers ...

"Farelli" led me to "Ferro", which also means iron in several languages, and sounds a bit like our King's name Fernando. "An Ferro" would use the naming convention from An Toli and An Holli.

oh, that has nothing to do with either the king nor the viceroy, that's just me after two beers ...

Thought as much pirate_wink.gif Good job, keep it up!

"Farelli" led me to "Ferro", which also means iron in several languages, and sounds a bit like our King's name Fernando. "An Ferro" would use the naming convention from An Toli and An Holli.

I actually like Farelli, since most of or our places have names with two consonants: Nelissa, Berelli, Terreli, An Tolli ...

Thought as much pirate_wink.gif Good job, keep it up!

alright, have just opened a third bottle pirate_laugh2.gif

I actually like Farelli, since most of or our places have names with two consonants: Nelissa, Berelli, Terreli, An Tolli ...

I just fear it will lead to much confusion when they sound too much alike. Edited by Sir Stig

alright, have just opened a third bottle pirate_laugh2.gif

Glad you prefer this one !pirate_wink.gif

Cheers ! pir_laugh2.gifpirate_laugh2.gif

I just fear it will lead to much confusion when they sound too much alike.

I agree here.

And are we really gonna let Oleon take a monopoly on blue?!? Come on, this is Eslandola, we're the nation of merchants that's always open and tolerant unless you touch our purse!

Ferro Azure is, I think, a really good compromise.

What do you all think of Cresceny for the other island?

Don't forget that the settlements on these islands will need names too, so there will be plenty of naming opportunities.

I'm not wild about Cresceny for island 5, in part because "Moon Island" seems to be so nicknamed because it is big and round, not because it is crescent shaped.

For island 6, Ferro Azure works for me if Azul Ferro is a no-go.

Having followed this on the side, might I suggest a new slogan for this thread?

"Your go to place for Casus Belli" ;)