kabel

The Empire of Eslandola: Sign-up and Discussion

Admiral Thornmorckton, in command of HMS Pendragon reporting to Commodore Damaximus.

Lord Smaugton of MAESTRO Corrington sends his regards.

P1150277

We would like a moment of silence for our fallen heroes...

And ofcourse all our fallen soldiers, who fought like heroes and will be remembered as them...

Even so many Brickwall's died for Eslandola, the name is now more popular than ever. It is even ranked as number 1 for baby boy's names in the "Terelli Time Magazine's Top Baby Names Ranking". So within 20 years, Eslandola will have another batch of Brickwall officers!

My condolences to your brave heroes. They all died for a noble cause - and their ultimate sacrifice won't be forgotten.

36 minutes ago, Maxim I said:

ranked as number 1 for baby boy's names in the "Terelli Time Magazine's Top Baby Names Ranking"

:laugh:

36 minutes ago, Maxim I said:

So within 20 years, Eslandola will have another batch of Brickwall officers!

And each of them is gonna be just another Brickwall-brick in the Brickwall-wall :grin:

23 hours ago, Maxim I said:

So within 20 years, Eslandola will have another batch of Brickwall officers!

And so will Oleon, Corrington and the Freebooters

Edited by Professor Thaum

Another build from me!  This time just a small one of the Colonial Council, particularly of the passing of Captain Whiffo's proposal to send out a letter to all Eslandolans to encourage the construction of Royal properties for the faction.

34596132466_9db071d592_z.jpg

A somewhat random build from me!  Undoubtedly it is an omen of Mardier's coming defeat, though! :tongue: :laugh:

34795980400_57814af6ff_z.jpg

Check out the topic here!

To the Honourable Secretary of State, Myles Bowditch, representative for the Colonial and Continental Councils of Eslandola,

Her Royal Majesty, Queen Annetta of Corrington, has conferred with the national parliament and her closest advisors, and decided to commit to a non-agression with your great nation.

In the interest of peace and friendship, her Majesty hereby ratifies the treaty in its entirety and shall be looking forward to continued friendly relations to Eslandola.

With hopes and wishes for peace and properity for all the people of the Brick Seas

On behalf of Her Royal Majesty, Queen Annetta of Corrington

Your humble servant

Don Isaac Montoya

Consul

2 hours ago, Bregir said:

To the Honourable Secretary of State, Myles Bowditch, representative for the Colonial and Continental Councils of Eslandola,

Her Royal Majesty, Queen Annetta of Corrington, has conferred with the national parliament and her closest advisors, and decided to commit to a non-agression with your great nation.

In the interest of peace and friendship, her Majesty hereby ratifies the treaty in its entirety and shall be looking forward to continued friendly relations to Eslandola.

With hopes and wishes for peace and properity for all the people of the Brick Seas

Your humble servant

Don Isaac Montoya

Consul

Boo-urns!

To the citizens of Eslandola, representatives of the colonial and continental council, and the honourable Admius Legistrad,

Corrington highly prizes the long and lasting friendly relation to Eslandola. Despite Eslandolan reluctance to commit formally to an alliance of friendship, even a defensive one, and despite an Eslandian policy of aggressive expansion without as much as a letter of intent to us, your brother folk, we have maintained good diplomatic connections. We went as far as to commit troops and medical aid when you first landed on Isla de Victoria. Corlander citizens have aided you in the war, committing vessels and resources to your cause. Some might even say these efforts were instrumental in wresting Terra Versa from the despotic clutches of Mardierian rule. Many individuals enjoy close relations and cooperation across our borders. 

It is our hope and wish that this relation may last, and that these efforts will not be in vain. Enmity between our nations is far from the hearts and minds of our people, our Parliament, and Her Royal Majesty.

Up until recently, we have repeatedly been assured that these sentiments were shared across the Eslandian Empire, and that you were as committed, if not more, to continued friendly relations with Her Majesty's Corrington.

Further, we have had firm and continued reassurances from your official representatives that the action on Isla de Victoria was not an act of aggressive expansion to expand the influence of Eslandola in Terra Nova with the brutal use of force, but simply a military imperative brought on by the illegitimate Mardierian incursions on your trade, and a necessity to deny them the use of Isla de Medio for strategic operations against your territories.

In our best evaluation, operation Pax Corlandia falls well within the strategic objectives presented to us by your representatives, as well as within general humanitarian and political principles. The establishment of a demilitarised, neutral port in no way endangers fulfilling your official strategic objectives. 

We are thus surprised to find that our efforts are regarded as hostile action towards anyone by the oppressive Mardierian rule, which has long disregarded the plight of the lower classes on Isla de Victoria, rather than as the parallel and complementary effort of an ally it is meant as. 

Are we perhaps to surmise, based on your recent despatch, that former communications are to be disregarded? It would sadden us extraordinarily to be forced to conclude that official communication from our friends in Eslandola are not to be trusted, and it would be most damaging to our continued positive relations.

Most patiently awaiting your reply

Your servant

Don Isaac Montoya

Consul

Corrington

4 hours ago, Bregir said:

To the citizens of Eslandola, representatives of the colonial and continental council, and the honourable Admius Legistrad,

In our best evaluation, operation Pax Corlandia falls well within the strategic objectives presented to us by your representatives, as well as within general humanitarian and political principles. The establishment of a demilitarised, neutral port in no way endangers fulfilling your official strategic objectives. 

Are we perhaps to surmise, based on your recent despatch, that former communications are to be disregarded? It would sadden us extraordinarily to be forced to conclude that official communication from our friends in Eslandola are not to be trusted, and it would be most damaging to our continued positive relations.

Your servant

Don Isaac Montoya

Consul

Corrington

Dear Don Isaac Montoya,

Impulsive as I am, I am responding to you without councelling with my fellow Eslandolans. So let's use my title of Prince of Garvey now instead of citizen of Eslandola and discuss your recent actions as citizen of Garvey. The secretary of state of Eslandola will respond to your message in name of Eslandola.

The war with Mardier was a bloody one with a lot of casualties on both sides. Many people went to the bottom to do their duty. Once the war is over, they needed a well-deserved break, so they can contribute again at full strength. Take myself for an example. I had to interfere in a wedding, co-ordinate a beach landing, co-ordinate the counter-blockade fleets, took over the Tuna Fishing Industry, captured a notorious 4th rate of the line and helped aiding and rebuilding a native settlement, raided by Mardier.

So it is true that nor Garvey, nor Eslandola managed to reach Malto the past weeks to help those people, simply because it is the furthest place from Fuerto Unido, our base. But saying we did not help the victims of this war, is a terrible lie. Look again to the initiatives we took in the Azclaxcan village.

We really appreciate the Corrington medical and supportal help, but the idea lives in Garvey that Corrington only acts in its best interests. You did co-operated with Mardier, resulting in a huge amount of wealth for Mardier. Corrington is even awarded for this with the new Island 14 on the seas.
I do applaud your initiative for constructing a neutral harbour in the Brick Seas, so why don't you choose island 14 for this? As this is an island you deserved by helping Mardier, the enemy of Eslandola and Garvey... Why don't you make it up with Eslandola and Garvey by converting this island to your Utopical "Neutral Harbour".

Again, it is a wonderfull initiative you take, but why are you broaching about a demilitarised and neutral port, when WTC soldiers are marching in? Do I have to remind you to the political view of WTC:

I intend the WTC to be a Corrington nationalist trade company. The days of sharing the waves with Eslandola should come to an end. Corrington should come first, and it must be us who discovers the new world.

Wayfarer is open to all members of Corrington, Eslandola, and the Sea Rats. Oleon members need not apply.

In my opinion, this is not so neutral as Corrington wants the world to believe.

I have always enjoyed my ties with Corrington, even after their dubious actions. Eslandola founds a village on Berelli, a week later, Corrington founds one. Eslandola founds a settlement on Isla De La Victoria (before it was known there were other settlements), a few days later Corrington sends troops and sets up a camp. The aftermath said they were sent to help Eslandola (as it became clear Mardier was well presented on the island), but let's be honest, all Corrington wanted to do is to create a second Berelli.

Corrington is the nation with the most islands and biggest landmasses in the Brickseas. Why the need to step on the toes of your friends? Why the urge to be involved in every situation, making it more complex...

Kind regards,

Prince Maximilian Damaximus of Garvey

Edit:

about Corrington being vital in the victory of Eslandola.

Number of entries pro-Eslandola: 4 (all of them in the first challenge)

Number of entries pro-Mardier: 8

Edited by Maxim I

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 6:48 AM, Bregir said:

Your humble servant

Don Isaac Montoya

Consul

Shortly after this was sent, armed forces of Corrington landed on Isla de Victoria.

5 hours ago, Bregir said:

Corrington highly prizes the long and lasting friendly relation to Eslandola. Despite Eslandolan reluctance to commit formally to an alliance of friendship, even a defensive one, and despite an Eslandian policy of aggressive expansion without as much as a letter of intent to us, your brother folk, we have maintained good diplomatic connections. We went as far as to commit troops and medical aid when you first landed on Isla de Victoria. Corlander citizens have aided you in the war, committing vessels and resources to your cause. Some might even say these efforts were instrumental in wresting Terra Versa from the despotic clutches of Mardierian rule. Many individuals enjoy close relations and cooperation across our borders. 

It is our hope and wish that this relation may last, and that these efforts will not be in vain. Enmity between our nations is far from the hearts and minds of our people, our Parliament, and Her Royal Majesty.

Up until recently, we have repeatedly been assured that these sentiments were shared across the Eslandian Empire, and that you were as committed, if not more, to continued friendly relations with Her Majesty's Corrington.

Further, we have had firm and continued reassurances from your official representatives that the action on Isla de Victoria was not an act of aggressive expansion to expand the influence of Eslandola in Terra Nova with the brutal use of force, but simply a military imperative brought on by the illegitimate Mardierian incursions on your trade, and a necessity to deny them the use of Isla de Medio for strategic operations against your territories.

We are thus surprised to find that our efforts are regarded as hostile action towards anyone by the oppressive Mardierian rule, which has long disregarded the plight of the lower classes on Isla de Victoria, rather than as the parallel and complementary effort of an ally it is meant as. 

Your servant

Don Isaac Montoya

Consul

Corrington

To Don Isaac Montoya, consul and representative of Queen Annetta,

While I take issue with some of your statements of so-called fact, many of them have been addressed by one of my fellow citizens of Eslandola, and I will not add further comment here.

However, if Corrington's intentions in this matter are truly humanitarian for the refugees of Malto, and not a thinly veiled attempt at an expansion of empire on your part, would you agree to a truly free city-state for those refugees? You have so generously rebuilt their fort, using the refugees themselves as free labor, so they should be able to defend themselves. I have spoken to the many stakeholders on the Eslandolan side, and I can guarantee that Eslandola would honor the independence of such a city if run by the refugees themselves. If Corrington feels that, in their role as self-proclaimed policemen of the Brick Seas, that the freedom of such a city can only be assured by the presence of outside troops, would Corrington agree to an equal, shared military presence on the part of our two nations in support of this new, self-governing free city?

I eagerly await your reply, and hope that Corrington is as honorable as she claims to be.

Gov. Willem Guilder
Citizen of Eslandola and the Brick Seas

Interesting developments in Nova Malto. Don Isaac Montoya might want to reply to the above letter ...

A despatch from the Corlander commandant arrives posthaste to be read out in all corners of Nova Malto. 

"To the representatives of Eslandola and WTC, and anyone else contemplating intervention. 

Any troops, be they national, militia, mercenary or any other military capacity, will be denied access to the city, and failure to accept this demand will be met with deadly force. 

The garrison has orders to maintain the neutrality of the city with any means, and until ordered otherwise, we shall follow these orders till our dying breath, duty-bound to Her Royal Majesty, our beloved Queen Anetta. 

The status of Nova Malto is to be decided through proper diplomatic channels, not by the logic of force, and no Corlander or Eslandian citizen is to act in contrary to such. 

The troops at Nova Malto has no wish to be part in a diplomatic incident, nor no wish to shed blood. But by the Gods, if we are forced to do so, we will be relentless! 

Major William Bradley 

Commander 

Nova Malto"

And a quickly scribbled personal note to Governor Willem Guilder from Montoya:

"Pardon my Olean, but damn your eyes, sir! 

Are you willing to cause incident, and possibly war for nothing but impatience?! Corrington reserves the right to contemplate a proper reply, not to mention present it to Queen and Parliament for debate. If your impertinent impatience leads to bloodshed, by the Gods, it shall be on your conscience!

With all necessary respect

M. "

1 minute ago, Bregir said:

"Pardon my Olean, but damn your eyes, sir! 

Are you willing to cause incident, and possibly war for nothing but impatience?! Corrington reserves the right to contemplate a proper reply, not to mention present it to Queen and Parliament for debate. If your impertinent impatience leads to bloodshed, by the Gods, it shall be on your conscience!

With all necessary respect

M. "

It may take some time for this message to get to Guilder. I would think Corrington should stop contemplating and reply to his earlier offer.

OOC: This is a hobby and Corrington runs things democratically. I ask you to accept that this means things require time. If you believe we are stalling, you are wrong. But we need time to respond. 

If Eslandola cannot respect that IC or OOC we will have issues in both the short and the long run! :P

Just now, Bregir said:

OOC: This is a hobby and Corrington runs things democratically. I ask you to accept that this means things require time. If you believe we are stalling, you are wrong. But we need time to respond. 

If Eslandola cannot respect that IC or OOC we will have issues in both the short and the long run! :P

OOC: If you need time, we can wait, but we will also wait to respond to your subsequent demands. It's not like I haven't been in contact with the vast majority of active ESL players today. So we can respect your need for time, but don't expect us to reorder the sequence of events to help you out.

Just now, Capt Wolf said:

OOC: If you need time, we can wait, but we will also wait to respond to your subsequent demands. It's not like I haven't been in contact with the vast majority of active ESL players today. So we can respect your need for time, but don't expect us to reorder the sequence of events to help you out.

Thank you. 

And I am not going to ask you to reorder anything, only to accept some basic tenants of roleplaying:

Give us time to respond. Don't define our actions. Only define your own and respect and await the response to these actions. Accept the IC consequences of your actions. 

That's all. Then we can have fun. Thanks. :) 

Just now, Bregir said:

Thank you. 

And I am not going to ask you to reorder anything, only to accept some basic tenants of roleplaying:

Give us time to respond. Don't define our actions. Only define your own and respect and await the response to these actions. Accept the IC consequences of your actions. 

That's all. Then we can have fun. Thanks. :) 

That goes both ways. Let's keep it fun, shall we.