kabel

The Empire of Eslandola: Sign-up and Discussion

Thanks Garmadon and Kai for your reasons why I should join your trade company! :)

We'll see if I join one of your companies later!

Why don't you join the yet-to-be founded MAESTRO trade Company? They'll haev a monopoly on horses (and maybe arms!) and have a new colony, Elysabethtown

Why don't you join the yet-to-be founded MAESTRO trade Company? They'll haev a monopoly on horses (and maybe arms!) and have a new colony, Elysabethtown

Wow ! Really ! You founded a new colony very fast ! Where is it ? Did it get the King's approval ?

I was thinking to wait a bit in order to see the evolution of some stories and of some members before doing so !

You and Maxim with the MAESTRO project have my best attentions... If you want an apple trader who is more interested in chasing a golden apple than build correctly a trading company, Felipe de la Manzana would be proud to help you but in one condition ! You'll make everything to gain the apple monopoly !

I want to join a more established company, but it will be interesting to follow the progress of MAESTRO! Maybe monopoly on arms sounds interesting :O

As you point out, MAESTRO is actually not yet a trade company (it doesn't have a charter) so it can't have members. That being the case, no one can join until Maxim has the charter. As far as I know none of the three required builds have been posted. Obviously the king has not yet granted approval.

Of course, MAESTRO can't have a monopoly unless the king were to grant it and that would be a very rare occurrence, not likely to happen any time soon. Please note that there is no prospect that any new monopolies will be granted to any trading companies any time in the future. Just want to make sure we aren't misleading anyone here!

Also, creating a new colony might not be so easy, so don't count your chickens before they hatch. pirate_wink.gifpirate_satisfied.gif

Don't want to throw a damper on your enthusiasm, but do be realistic here... trading is important to the Eslandian economy and King Fernando is not going to throw the doors wide to just anyone. Right now, that may sound tough, but once you put the work into it and get a slot, not only will you feel better about your achievement, you'll also be glad to see that you can't be challenged right off the bat by anyone who can get a couple of bricks together.

Wow ! Really ! You founded a new colony very fast ! Where is it ? Did it get the King's approval ?

I was thinking to wait a bit in order to see the evolution of some stories and of some members before doing so !

You and Maxim with the MAESTRO project have my best attentions... If you want an apple trader who is more interested in chasing a golden apple than build correctly a trading company, Felipe de la Manzana would be proud to help you but in one condition ! You'll make everything to gain the apple monopoly !

MAESTRO is not even a trading company yet, and certainly doesn't have it's own colony, so do hold your horses! pirate_laugh2.gif

Sir Windar Baerbald (Middle, my sigfig), Turner Brown (Left) and Harvich (Right)

24025967592_e38edea094_z.jpg

Sir Windar Baerbald, Noble Emissary of ETWC (East Trade-Wind Company).

He travels the seas, delivering notes and forming partnerships with other countries and

trade companies. His personal advisor, and best friend Turner Brown always sails with him to the foreign countries.

Harvich, his personal bodyguard, has saved him from numeral encounters with hostile sailors and bandits. No one seems to know his full name.

Sir Windar grew up in a noble family, being raised as a high-spirited young man. His wife stays back home and watches over the

Baerbald manor while he sails the seas.

Edited by Windusky

As you point out, MAESTRO is actually not yet a trade company (it doesn't have a charter) so it can't have members. That being the case, no one can join until Maxim has the charter. As far as I know none of the three required builds have been posted. Obviously the king has not yet granted approval.

Of course, MAESTRO can't have a monopoly unless the king were to grant it and that would be a very rare occurrence, not likely to happen any time soon. Please note that there is no prospect that any new monopolies will be granted to any trading companies any time in the future. Just want to make sure we aren't misleading anyone here!

Also, creating a new colony might not be so easy, so don't count your chickens before they hatch. pirate_wink.gifpirate_satisfied.gif

Don't want to throw a damper on your enthusiasm, but do be realistic here... trading is important to the Eslandian economy and King Fernando is not going to throw the doors wide to just anyone. Right now, that may sound tough, but once you put the work into it and get a slot, not only will you feel better about your achievement, you'll also be glad to see that you can't be challenged right off the bat by anyone who can get a couple of bricks together.

MAESTRO is not even a trading company yet, and certainly doesn't have it's own colony, so do hold your horses! pirate_laugh2.gif

All true, but two of the required three builds are under way, and I've asked the King for a joint exclusive charter.

You're right about the monopolies tough, so let's change that to specialities

so let's just call it: COMING SOON

Btw: welcome windusky!

Edited by TitusV

Specialties is fine. thumbup.gif Here's hoping you can get a good response on your charter! pirate_satisfied.gif

Welcome to the best faction, Windusky!

Kai, Titus knows Maestro is not founded yet and the charter has to be asked officially :) but yes, Titus and I are working together to create MAESTRO as an alternative :)

One of the unofficial requirements I read s omewhere posted by Kabel was to have other members in a trade company.

And it is true we need at least 3 different and not so easy to build MOC's, but we are working on that :) once they are build and posted, negotiations with the King will start :)

About the colony, the idea is more of having a settlement on one of Eslandola's New Terra islands. Same as for Maestro, we are looking here how to obtain the rights for founding the settlement. So colony is not exactly the right word...

In the meantime we might be really enthusiast and try to convince other members to join us project :)

The system of monopolies still is a big question and blurry area to me, but I can't see how a free and liberal Eslandola would forbit their members to produce stuff that might be someone else's monopoly...

@Faladrin, we would be more than happy to try and take over the apple market once we are founded :D

Edited by Maxim I

Monopolies are just in game EGS benefits accruing to a member of a trade company that owns a monopoly should said member build something that deals with that monopoly. It doesn't mean that no one else can build anything to do with, for instance, textile factories in MCTC's case. So to make this clear, anyone can build anything. It's just that MCTC members will get extra benefits if they license a build that falls under one of MCTC's monopolies (same for ETWC).

And definitely, go for your new company! Having other members is not a requirement for being recognized as a trading company, but it probably will be required before you are added to the front page list. You are of course welcome to recruit as much as you please. A little competition will just make MCTC stronger! pirate_wink.gif

BTW, I wrote up most of the first posts so I'm pretty familiar with them. pirate_laugh2.gif

Everyone - keep in mind that switching trading companies is like getting a new job. You can do it anytime, so don't be worried about making a final and irrevocable choice or something!

Ok I hold the horses...

I understand MAESTRO like a project that will be built. Go for coming soon then... I am still interested in the idea.

I thought there will be more monopolies... What is the point to bring a trading company to a point without gaining one ? (Apart from the prestige and the money of course...), a specialty if making some game advantage is like a monopoly though...

I am keeping my "apple madness" specialty for now.

And good luck with the charter Titus and welcome Windusky !

Welcome to Eslandola and the ETWC, Windusky, cool figs and scene there, looking forward to some pirate themed builds from you! pirate_wink.gifpirate_satisfied.gif

Nice intro as well Titus, glad to see you've been able to post your sigfig now thumbup.gif Not quite sure about that part against the ETWC though... pirate_tong.gif

Nice intro as well Titus, glad to see you've been able to post your sigfig now thumbup.gif Not quite sure about that part against the ETWC though... pirate_tong.gif

I'm sorry, it's not that I don't like you, I needed a company and chose one at random.

Thanks for the luck with the charter guys!

About the new TC and the required three builds: should these be in the New World? Since IT would fot better in my stroyline to build one of them in Terrreli

Edited by TitusV

I think I will participate in this game and then I really want to join Eslondola :)

Will the sign up for Eslandola soon be closed? :O

I think I will participate in this game and then I really want to join Eslondola :)

Welcome then! And I wouldn't know.

MAESTRO may not be an official trading company yet, but it DOES have their own warehouse!!!

24124405456_daa43faa5c_z.jpg

A step further towards our charter!

Are there maps of Nelissa?

Edited by TitusV

Are there maps of Nelissa?

I have not finished the map with a grid, but yes, if you check the maps section it is there.

No worries, there is no current plan to close any of the factions any time in the future pirate_wink.gif Eslandola will be glad to have you! pirate_satisfied.gif

...About the new TC and the required three builds: should these be in the New World? Since IT would fot better in my stroyline to build one of them in Terrreli

The builds can be in the New World, certainly.

Also, I will try to get the settlement threads open today.

No worries, there is no current plan to close any of the factions any time in the future pirate_wink.gif Eslandola will be glad to have you! pirate_satisfied.gif

Sounds really good! :)

I found this in the Corrington tread:

23487542679_6bc054133e_o.jpg

But are members of other factions also allowed to own an army? And should these be registered in a webform?

...And should these be registered in a webform?

Don't you know, everything should be registered in a webform in BoBS! pir_laugh2.gif

Don't you know, everything should be registered in a webform in BoBS! pir_laugh2.gif

Well, surprisingly, you're sigfig hasn't

The following settlement threads have been posted:

Nova Terreli (ownership, Eslandola's crown, can be colonized by any BoBS member)

Weelond (ownership, MCTC - anyone can freebuild in Weelond, but only MCTC members can own property there)

Bardo (ownership, MCTC - ditto)

...But are members of other factions also allowed to own an army? And should these be registered in a webform?

For now at least, Eslandola's army will be in leadership hands. Otherwise... too complicated (I'm still trying to wrap my head around all the leadership army rules, myself!). Since Eslandola relies heavily on militia anyways, that shouldn't be a problem.

Román Esteban Fontonajo

Román Esteban is the head of the Fontonajo family. Román, 41 years old, was born noble on the mainland of Eslandola but nowadays lives on the island of Nellisa with his family, namely: His wife, his three sons and his daughter, his mother and his uncle. His brother with wife and two sons, a veteran to the seas, lives close. Only his sister rarely comes home.

24178372455_895c7945e1_z.jpg

Román opening the annual family dinner.

Román was born as the eldest son of the nobleman Carlos Iniesta Fontonajo, a well renowned nobleman of the old school in Eslandola, and his wife Marietta. Románs brother Rialto and sister Marja followed soon after. As they grew older Rialto became an adventurer, a sailor, a captain. Marja pursued her career in the Royal Army. Román, supposed to be his fathers son, taking over responsibility of both the estates and the family's honour, was not a fighter, not a man of the army or the crazy adventure. He wondered why his family never strived to be more: bigger, richer and more powerful. He never understood how his father could be satisfied being an, while well renowned, after all irrelevant small nobleman. About this and many other things Román and his father had many arguments, many fights with words, and did not seem to become friends again in this life.

However 18 years ago all that was going to change. The island of Nellisa had just been discovered as Románs father got sick. The doctors gave him three more months, half a year if all he did was lie in bed. But Carlos Iniesta Fontonajo never was the man to lie in bed. He set sail for one last voyage over the ocean, accompanied by his wife and his son Román - neither Rialto, who expected his first child, nor Marja, about to be on a mission for the king, had the chance or time to come with him.

And so Iniesta, Marietta and Román sailed east on a merchant's cog, passed Tiberia, made a short halt in Terraversa, and even came as far as Nellisa to see the first foundations of Nova Terreli being raised from the ground before they turned home. It was on that trip home when Iniesta finally got weak and lay in bed for three days straight.

"Son", Iniesta said. "I think it's about time for one last cup of rum."

His father did not drink anything but whine or water. There was a rumor that once in his youth he had gotten really drunk by rum, but then... Román knew it was going to end soon.

"Thank you, my son... Ahhh... I have missed that... taste... Now both of you, listen to me. Sitting at home in Eslandola, as I have done all my life... this is not what we were born to be. You were right, son. Terra Nova is where the future is made, THIS is where we belong. Once you get home make sure to bury me well, but then sell your heritage and take your family and leave for the future. Care for them, care for your brother and for your sister, and always support them and your children in who they are, not in who you want them to be. No, don't worry. I am not yet an old man who has gone mad. Just an old man who realised his faults in life."

Iniesta paused, and Román started: "But father, you have achieved...", but his father cut his word: "Sure I have achieved a lot in life. I have lived an honorable life, I have a wonderful and loving wife. I have seen my first two grandsons, my next grandchild is about to be born. But Román, my beloved son, above all else I have achieved to raise you."

As tears ran down his cheeks Román and his mother brought his father to the ship's deck, for a last breath of fresh air, and as they passed Terraversa Carlos Iniesta Fontonajo passed away. And here he stood, Román Esteban Fontonajo, head of a family, with a giant task ahead of him - the departure of his family into Terra Nova, and the start of their new lives in the unknown.

24153032856_0ee9850b79.jpg

Román in the gardens of his estate (eating a Manzana-apple).

24104396322_258c2010b9_n.jpg

The Fontonajo Family Coat of Arms

So I join Eslandola with Román Esteban Fontonajo as my sigfig. TC yet to be decided.

EDIT: The Fontonajo family is proud member of the MCTC.

Edited by Elostirion