kabel

The Empire of Eslandola: Sign-up and Discussion

I am hopping some kind of humoristic character is not out of context in this game as it seemed very serious to me when I read the rules.

This said, I think great serious rules could work fine with a touch of humour and fantasy.

Humor is great! The rules can be fun, just at first they seem to be a lot -- you can actually bend them to have a lot of fun creating interesting and even silly settlements in the new world.

- Will it be possible, by the MCRA game, to explore new lands by doing the exploration action ? or the discovery of land will be reserved for the challenges ? The question is : if I want to explore a bit, am I authorised to add an island somewhere it is not planned to be ?

For the first few months, there will not be a discovery option in the MCRA, but that is possible in the future. I am not giving too much away here, but the first couple challenges will be about adding islands to our map.

For now, you are not allowed to make up islands, but those will be revealed by leadership. As for other exploration; you can charter a new settlement on a current island, provided you get approval, and you can free-build wherever. But you will only be able to buy licenses for free-builds that are in chartered settlements; unless you want to do things illegally, in which case, well, don't expect me to help you! :laugh: Seriously though, I'm not sure what the rules relative illegal squatter settlements are... :look: ...that sounds funny.

You can lay down a squatter colony anywhere, you just have to A) draw a map of the settlement, B) post that claim (the main thread is fine to do this) and C) hope to heck that whoever gains control of that island (or has control of the island) lets you stay.

I would not squat anywhere that is not in New Terra (East of Terraversa on the map) Because the map is moving that direction, and those Sea of Storms ports are going to get lonely out there. The new maps are coming in the next two weeks, so right now we encourage those who are signing up early to build their free builds and opening stories and be a little patient in choosing where to put their first buildings, settlements, etc...

Revon de Crocodil declaring allegiance to Eslandola and the MCTC!

Revon%20de%20Crocodil.png

Revon was washed ashore as a young child in Eslandola, wrapped in the flag of a Crocodile. He now wears what is left of this flag as his personal crest. The name given to him was also derived from this flag. Now an adult, he has joined the Merchant's Colonial Trading Company.

Welcome UM!

...If I make a building and place it in Stedor, it counts as a legit building, right?

The final decision is in - yes, it counts. You cannot, however, purchase a license for any MOC placed in the old world.

I guess this is the the place for us Mitgards?? I think I gonna make a sigfig today :classic:

I guess this is the the place for us Mitgards?? I think I gonna make a sigfig today :classic:

And for Avalonians! And every other guildsman who wants to keep the Colors of Eslandola high!

Edited by TitusV

And for Avalonians! And every other guildsman who wants to keep the Colors of Eslandola high!

You both press fast forward around 450-500 years from where you currently are and you have arrived! :P Welcome!

Welcome to all ye new members! :pir-classic:

It's the place for everyone who isn't a bluecoat or redcoat or pirate, that is everyone who has their priorities straight :pir-tongue::pir-sweet:

It's the place for everyone who isn't a bluecoat or redcoat or pirate, that is everyone who has their priorities straight :pir-tongue::pir-sweet:

Unless any of those three are here to spend lots of money. :pir-sweet:

Or want to surrender.

Or want to surrender.

True, true, but that was implicit :pir-tongue::pir_laugh2:

I have a question about the color of green used. Is it a particular color of green or are all shades of green ok? I was thinking of using sand green in my sigfig and intro build.

So far the Poll from earlier this year was totally wrong. Eslandola and Oleon are killing it for membership, and the Sea Rats are almost a no show (I kind of figured Corrington would be low on members)

As an answer to a previous question of Gedren:

Stedor is under Tirelli :)

23432864634_7c5ef2eb1e_c.jpg

@Ska, I would say, don't wait too long with closing Oleon and Eslandola so new members will have to go to Corrington or the Pirates :)

As an answer to a previous question of Gedren:

@Ska, I would say, don't wait too long with closing Oleon and Eslandola so new members will have to go to Corrington or the Pirates :)

Guys, I really want to sign up officially, but I have trouble with the BL order containing the parts of my sigfig!

Edited by TitusV

I have a question about the color of green used. Is it a particular color of green or are all shades of green ok? I was thinking of using sand green in my sigfig and intro build.

You can use any shade of green on your fig, but the official colors for the flag are the standard "normal" green and gold. You don't have to include the flag all the time (or even most of the time), though.

You can use any shade of green on your fig, but the official colors for the flag are the standard "normal" green and gold. You don't have to include the flag all the time (or even most of the time), though.

Thanks. I really like how the sand green looks in the build I'm doing. Ok, so normal green and gold for the flag....can I use the small pendent flags( one green and one gold).

Thanks. I really like how the sand green looks in the build I'm doing. Ok, so normal green and gold for the flag....can I use the small pendent flags( one green and one gold).

Do you mean this kind of flag? Anyways, you can use what you please. Eslandola isn't going to have any sort of flag police!

Do you mean this kind of flag? Anyways, you can use what you please. Eslandola isn't going to have any sort of flag police!

Yes, thank you. That's all I have at the moment. :blush:

Lord Maximilian Damaximus is visiting the wharf to see his upcomming jewel:

23714383359_465dfe6fb3_c.jpg

23455412733_e856c3b370_c.jpg

(note: Margot is the name of my fiancee :D )

All the decks are minifig highth (I had to cheat a little bit for the lower deck by lowering the floor 1 brick and putting the cannons on bricks ;)

23974061122_c509bdb430_c.jpg

Atm, the vessel should have 46 cannons. 23 of them will be visible, those on the left broadside :)

Now I am out of some necessary bricks, so I have to wait until my BL-order arrives :(

Edited by Maxim I

Congrats on the engagement. Who proposed, you or her?

Will Stedor be seeing a wedding soon?

I think IT will! :wink: congrats Maxim!

Nice looking ship, Maxim. Major firepower, good colorscheme, and lots of gold accents. Yep, you hit all the main points.

I hear you loud and clear on the deck height issue (raising the cannons). Prefabs are fun to build on but making double-decker warships with minifig deck heights is a challenge, and it's pretty much impossible on triple-decker prefabs.

Congrats and good idea to name a ship after her!

Colonel William Oswald Brickinson is signing up for Eslandola and the East Trade Wind Company! For gold and country!

YES, we got Cpt Braunsfenld in our team! Anyone wanting to surrender can do this at THIS webform [insert link] :laugh: welcome to Eslandola!