Hi there everyone

This creation is similar to my last project (mini jeep), but in truck form. Nothing fancy, but I had a lot of fun making it.

Specs

2x L Motors @ 3:1

1x Servo

Functional Doors

Working front lights

29L x 15W x 16H (chassis, in studs)

708 grams

001.JPG

002.JPG

007.JPG

012.JPG

013.JPG

Thanks. Feedback is appreciated.

Looks super cute, and it looks so much fun to drive!

The looks remind me of the Suzuki Super Carry that I adored as a kid.

suzuki_super_carry_van.jpg

Heh, that was the first thing that came to my mind when i saw it,.. only somesort of chopped up version,.. anyhow, cool thing :) me likes.

Very nice :) Maybe almost to fast for my taste - have you tried bevelled gears to get a bit lower ratio on these motors?

*snip*

Thanks erelender. You're right, it's very loosely based on this manufacturer in truck form.

Mini_Trucks_Front_Line_04.27.07_003.jpg

Heh, that was the first thing that came to my mind when i saw it,.. only somesort of chopped up version,.. anyhow, cool thing :) me likes.

Compact and powerful, nice work! :thumbup:

Thanks Sylvian and Sm01

Very nice :) Maybe almost to fast for my taste - have you tried bevelled gears to get a bit lower ratio on these motors?

Thanks Kris. Bevel gears are very easy to change to (20/12) but at 1.66:1 it's a bit too slow for me. This model is great fun to zip around the house.

I just say popopopopopoooooo :thumbup: .

I have absolutely no idea what this means, but I'll take it as a compliment. Thanks! :classic:

suzuki_super_carry_van.jpg

On my first job I managed to crash into one once (whilst also driving another one [same model]) and it flipped over...

the model is great - i love things at this scale but why not flip the motors and have one drive each side (no need for diff and better turning) great details

Thanks rockbrick! Flipping one motor is certainly possible, but there'd be gears on both sides, causing possible harm to the cables. Keeping all the gears on one side allows more room. Great idea though!

I just have a question for someone about gears. Which is the correct way to specify gear ratio? If the gears are 3x faster (24 gear to an 8 gear), is it 3:1, or 1:3? Sariel has it 3:1, but I've seen it the other way a lot too. Just want some clarification. Thanks

Well, I'm not sure about the convention but this is how I understand it. You chose which gear stands for input and the other is output, then the ratio is 'input turn':'output turn'. In other words, how much does the input need to rotate for the ouptut to make one full revolution. Of course, it's conventional not to use fractions (i.e. 1/2:1) so there is not always '1' for the output but you got the idea. Hence if you have 24 gear as an input, 8 gear as output, I'd say the propper spec for ratio is 1:3.

Of course in this notation you talk about radial velocity ratio. If you have taken number of teeth as a unit, the ratio would be in reverse.

Well, I'm not sure about the convention but this is how I understand it. You chose which gear stands for input and the other is output, then the ratio is 'input turn':'output turn'. In other words, how much does the input need to rotate for the ouptut to make one full revolution. Of course, it's conventional not to use fractions (i.e. 1/2:1) so there is not always '1' for the output but you got the idea. Hence if you have 24 gear as an input, 8 gear as output, I'd say the propper spec for ratio is 1:3.

Of course in this notation you talk about radial velocity ratio. If you have taken number of teeth as a unit, the ratio would be in reverse.

Thanks for replying kris. I don't have a mechanical mind so I struggle with this stuff. So I take it that my gear ratio (24gear to 8gear) is 1/3:1, which converts to 1:3. If it was the opposite (8gear to 24gear) it's 3:1, which converts to 1:0.333. So in other words I've been writing it wrong. :classic:

Hang on, I just read that last bit again. If you talk about teeth it's 24:8, which is 3:1, but if you talk about rotation it's 1/3:1, which is 1:3. So for my model either one is correct. Confusing!

Edited by Chade

Thats it. There is indirect proportion between radial velocity (rotational speed) and size (number of teeth). In engineering world, I think the speed is taken as aspect more commonly, because that's what you really care about in gearboxes etc. Anyway, the best is to clearly name what are your ratios related to (whichever choice you pick) so there's no confusion.

Hello Chade

This is a very nice MOC that you have built.

It is pretty fast and compact.

There was a lot of fun to build it on.

The cabin I've slightly modified to fit the

proportions better, I think.

20320b.jpg20322b.jpg

20326b.jpg20333b.jpg

Full Galerie:http://www.technic-dialog.de/Homepage/index.php?page=24&album=2054

Next, I'll try to get out to build a mini-bus there.

Thanks for the instructions.

Edited by metulskie8

Wow, I am extremely surprised at the speed of that truck! I must get my hands on those new tires.

Edited by DamonMM2000

Hello Chade

This is a very nice MOC that you have built.

It is pretty fast and compact.

There was a lot of fun to build it on.

The cabin I've slightly modified to fit the

proportions better, I think.

*snip*

Next, I'll try to get out to build a mini-bus there.

Thanks for the instructions.

Hey, I like the modifications. Thanks for building and sharing! I'm currently building your classic car and it's a really enjoyable build. So, thanks for the instructions :classic:

Wow, I am extremely surprised at the speed of that truck! I must get my hands on those new tires.

2x L motors @ 1:3 is pretty quick :classic:

Edited by Chade

Nice little truck, well packed with fun. The video just made my day :)

Thanks miguev. Glad you like the video, it's a bit silly :)

Hello Chade ....

Here is my conversion to "Race Van" ...

At such a fast Van naturally fit the spoiler better ... :wink: :wink:

Wow, you've done a great job! Love the modifications, especially the front and back bumper area. :thumbup:

Edited by Chade