TheBrickBuilder14

[deleted]

Really digging the nose and engines, though based on the model you could probably narrow the nose by 1 and/or widen the rear allowing the two to sit at the same time.

And as everyone has said the scaling is a 1000x better than the official one.

Thanks to all of you for your very nice reactions, glad you all like it!

As promised I updated the snowspeeder in LDD and I can now present to you the final version of my Snowspeeder, have fun building it and if you ever create any scenes etc with it be sure to let me know :classic:

Thank you TheBrickBuilder14!

This looks really good, very detailed! Thank you very much for providing the LDD file. :classic:

Cheers for the LDD file - I've never followed someone else's MOC using it before (I had to get the app especially!) so I'm really looking forward to it! Hopefully should be able to source some of the parts from the official original too!

According to this article, this was originally planned with the FO snowspeeder in the film:

#35: Rey stole a speeder for a high speed chase. With Finn. From the First Order. In order for Han and Chewie to get into the oscillator, Rey had to disconnect a bunch of wires in another building. She and Finn steal a speeder and go racing through the woods, switching places at least once so Finn can fire on their pursuit. It’s a pretty sweet little scene.

(https://www.yahoo.com/tv/45-star-wars-force-awakens-220000481.html)

It is not clear whether it was filmed and cut out or planned but not filmed at all.

Literally, there is no better version I've seen. You've hit it right out of the ball park when it comes to design, scale, everything. Great, awesome job! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Great MOC, yours is the best snowspeeder I have seen to date! Based on the toys I have seen, I tough it obvious that TLG over sized theirs greatly, but after seeing a picture of Rey in one on the TFA Visual dictionary, I am wondering if the toy makers didn't under size theirs, and the actual scale lies in between, Rey appears dwarfed by the side panels in that still:

speederchase.jpg

I have just finished building my snowspeeder. It was a fun build. The only thing that was annoying; was the fact of how hard it was to assemble. Especially the engines and the back of the MOC. I can not blame you entirely for this though because LDD is very strange in the way it makes its instructions. Thank you for the instructions to the MOC , it is a great model! It is so much better than TLG, I am so happy it doesn't have them stud shooters. Thanks again,

Ellis.

Do you know - having read through this thread I am so impressed that I NOW plan to buy the TLG version after all (for the fun of building it and getting troopers) then turn it into this effort. A great looking mod and thanks for sharing.

I have never been on LDD! But will make some time and have a look. Thanks matey. Ben

Such a beautiful MOC! I never cared much for either the snowspeder or the lego first order snowtroopers until this. You make both look very appealing! Why isnt Lego paying you a commission? Because it sounds like youve convinced a lot of people to buy their set of this, if only to make you version of it.

Managed to build this with my spare bricks and loving it. Noticed that there is no need to get the 75100 as there are only a few shared bricks.

26969857902_155324df2c_c.jpg

Again, big thanks for releasing the LDD for this! :)