esampsonite

The Dukes of Hazzard - The General Lee [MOC]

All that orange! :wub:

Until I did this build I never realized how little orange I had in my collection and how rare some parts are in that color, which made it way more expensive than I will admit to my wife.

I love Dukes of Hazard and the General Lee looks amazing ...the wheels are perfect and the nose of that amazing Dodge Challenger looks beautiful! :wub:

Great MOC!

Bo and Luke are the icing on the cake! :thumbup: :thumbup:

which made it way more expensive than I will admit to my wife.

Hahaha, that made me laugh lol.... Im sure many others sympathize with your choice :laugh:

It looks really well done at that scale. The lines look really clean and it is nicely smooth. The door 'vents?' look really good too, nicely carried out!

Well done. Would love to see a car flying shot. :classic:

Did LEGO ever licensed Dukes of Hazards?

The door 'vents?' look really good too

Thanks! The door scoops were one of the big challenges on this build. I'd say a good 1/4 of the time on the build was getting something that was the right size, stable, and that I was happy with the appearance on those scoops. In the end it was very rewarding to come up with a workable design here, so it was time well spent.

This is what I wound up with on how to build them (technicolor for ease of part distinction):

gXqEGL2.jpg

where did you find the 6x6 orange tile? BL doesn't even have it as a known part.

That's pretty good!

It's hard to build a convincing '69 Charger in Lego.

where did you find the 6x6 orange tile? BL doesn't even have it as a known part.

A (very) few were sold in the past months:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?P=6881&colorID=4

so maybe a non-production part but that still exists in low numbers (or just errors for the Salmon version, though that on the photo it seems to be the right Orange)

A (very) few were sold in the past months:

http://www.bricklink...=6881&colorID=4

so maybe a non-production part but that still exists in low numbers (or just errors for the Salmon version, though that on the photo it seems to be the right Orange)

Yeah, both those purchases on bricklink were me, and yes, I paid handsomely for the pieces. I have the one I used on this and I keep a spare with no sticker on it for if I put it on display somewhere that the confederate flag won't go over well. They are definitely official Lego and the color match looks to be exact with orange. The seller also had the same piece in some other non-released colors.

I've had several people interesting in building their own or purchasing this model from me so I asked the seller where they got them and if it would be possible to get more and their response was:

I bought them several years ago, along with other rare colours, from someone who said that they had got them directly from Lego for a 'project'.

So, unfortunately, this model is one (or two) of a kind for the moment.

Edited by esampsonite