Darkdragon

Sea Rats: Sign-up and Discussion

I'd like to propose the three "faction vessels" be named Hecate, Circe, and Medea.....in honour of the three witches of creativity and healing from Greek mythology... and....they don't seem to have any other names....lol pir_laugh2.gif

Edited by Vedauwoo

Well, if we're going with greek mythology... How about something scarier, like Scylla, Charybdis and Typhon. But really, just having names would be a huge upgrade :)

The BoBS leadership have names for the 3 Sea Rats faction vessels.

Poseidon's Revenge

The Walrus

Fortune's Miskeeper

For some reason the names never made it into the public.

The BoBS leadership have names for the 3 Sea Rats faction vessels.

Poseidon's Revenge

The Walrus

Fortune's Miskeeper

For some reason the names never made it into the public.

Yes, Eslandola has the Walrus then? pirate_classic.gif

Maybe it be easier to play into our lack of creativity for those ships

The One Love

The Two Cents - lost

The Three Pigs

:)

Did we lose out 50% property license cost?

I can't seem to find it anywhere in the "revamped" rules....

On the otherhand...Artisan properties now earn +30%! pirate_laugh2.gif

Did we lose out 50% property license cost?

I can't seem to find it anywhere in the "revamped" rules....

On the otherhand...Artisan properties now earn +30%! pirate_laugh2.gif

I could have sworn it was mentioned in the Fort entry, but I can't find it now either.

No, it is supposed to be there. Forts, as always are still 100%

Thanks for the clarification.

No, it is supposed to be there. Forts, as always are still 100%

It is there, under the squatter settlement section.

Sea Rats always establish squatter settlements.

Hello there ya scourges of the Sea of Storms

I know why you all wonder, why would some upstuck Corrington governor write us a letter?

Well, you are right on the first three account... I`m upstuck, I`m from Corrington, and I`m a governor...

The governor of Quinnsville to be precise, and I write to you with a request.

In these times of wars and the events that appeared in the King`s Port Advertiser, I thought it might be nice

for you sailing boys and `free entrepreneurs`, to have perhaps a small bit of rest and relaxation on the paradise of chocolate, Cocovia.

So why not send one of your undertaking fella`s over, and start a small business overhere, like a tavern, or a house of light sins?

In the hope of hearin` from y`all

Sir Thomas Smaugton

Mayor of Quinnsville

Addendum: armed brawls will not be tolerated in the settlement, and both the Marine division and the stationed Royal Fleet

are allowed to end these in any way necessary

Dear Governor Smaugton

I have considered your request. It brought to mind a line of Milton's: "Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven".

All my best to you and yours,

Captain Meloche

Question for the Sea Rats faction:

Are all NPC pirates such as Bloody Bill and Zubilious Van Wreck considered part of your faction?

Sometimes we wish they were, but alas, they are not. They are pirates, and they may even make their home in Bastion, Rassilon, or one of our other settlements; but they are not faction members.

Sometimes we wish they were, but alas, they are not. They are pirates, and they may even make their home in Bastion, Rassilon, or one of our other settlements; but they are not faction members.

Then perhaps the ship index ought to be corrected, lest people be misled that Sea Rats are responsible for every single act of piracy, even when they are just your friendly neighbourhood smugglers :pir-classic:

Well, technically they are pirates. Even sea rats can attack eachother. That's why they are independent pirates.

Don't forget also the PC Sea Rats started raiding villages. So for me, they all are pirates (also called sea rats).

Well, technically they are pirates. Even sea rats can attack eachother. That's why they are independent pirates.

Don't forget also the PC Sea Rats started raiding villages. So for me, they all are pirates (also called sea rats).

Considering the Eslandolians attacked a Sea Rats Trade convoy last month (prior to the raid no less), doesn't that make you pirates as well? :pir_laugh2:

Considering the Eslandolians attacked a Sea Rats Trade convoy last month (prior to the raid no less), doesn't that make you pirates as well? :pir_laugh2:

Ahem! Privateers... pirate_tong.gifpir_laugh2.gif

Besides, attacking pirates can hardly be considered a piratical action!

"Piracy was sometimes given legal status by the colonial powers, especially France under King Francis I (r.1515–1547), in the hope of weakening Spain and Portugal's mare clausum trade monopolies in the Atlantic and Indian Oceans. This officially sanctioned piracy was known as privateering. From 1520 to 1560, French privateers were alone in their fight against the Crown of Spain and the vast commerce of the Spanish Empire in the New World, but were later joined by the English and Dutch."

Well, pirates they may be, I just thought it would be fair to differentiate the faction from the independent NPCs.

The 'threat' they pose might be severely misrepresented when you lump in notorious hoods like Bloody Bill and Van Wreck.

It's like going after Jack Sparrow instead of Blackbeard pir_laugh2.gif

I hold the Sea Rats in higher moral standing than pirates. Although Sea Rats are independent, they are a faction working towards a common goal. Whilst the pirates such as Bloody Bill are bloodthirsty, egoistic scavengers only out to make trouble for the established empires. I've met many a Sea Rat that only want to make a living, but through misfortune have had to flee their native country. It may be bold of me to presume that they could have a pleasant life in another country. But I do understand the fear of being used as paws and extradited in the game of global politics. Many Sea Rats are just outcasts that have nowhere else to go. All saints have a past and all most sinners have a future. Those that are not destined for the gallows, that is.

In my power as major of Bardo, I will make sure your properties are safeguarded while you are away, should you choose to build there. I am not at power to give full amnesty, but I can do this: The licence you would have to pay will go towards building roads and ports in several strategic locations, and hideouts throughout the island, that may or may not be used to flee or lay low for a while, if and whenever any foreign power come looking. And you would have to follow the laws on An Toli while you are there, which are fairly loose: Don't kill, don't steal, don't do harm against your fellow men (women included). We currently (April) have a lot of unused plots in the city and its hinterland. So, to extend a hand to those unfortunate souls that have fallen out with society, and to help fill our city with amenities, we offer a 5 DB for rebate on buildings per level for Sea Rats. This applies to any licenced building except residence (5DB/small, 10DB/medium, 15DB/large). Residences will have a rebate of 2 DBs if licenced. The amount will be refunded next month. Thit means Sea Rats will get residences for the same amount that they do in their own settlements, but now is a chance to get a hangout close to trade connections, which makes getting rid of your "collections" easier.

Disclosure: If you have broken Eslandolan laws, I am obliged to bring you to justice and follow through on your sentence. However, plans are laid out for a luxury prison in Bardo, where most cells will have a sea view. There you may serve your sentence in a pleasant atmosphere with catering, delivered each day by our many different providers of Bardo cuisine.