Darkdragon

Sea Rats: Sign-up and Discussion

Gideon, what have you done! default_distressed.gifdefault_laugh_new.gif

Good to sea see you here, the world needs more pirates. Wait, what?!

Welcome to BoBS

thumbup.gif

Welcome to BoBS! Seems like the Sea Rats are prefering quality over quantity...

image.jpg

Introducing:

Captain Wolfwind the Pirate

Backstory:

Wolfwind was an ordinary farmer known as Joe until his brother John was bitten by a werewolf. John, consumed by a wolfish hunger, bit Joe. John's last word was "Death." He then lost all human brainpower and could not speak. Joe was healed in time that he did not become like John, but his head was permanently turned wolf. Taking on the name Captain Wolfwind, he hopes to find an item on the high seas that will change his head back.

Welcome to BoBS, Kappy! (from a Corry...)

Another Sea Rat will help improve the disparity between factions. :classic:

Wait- we can be non humans?! Guys I would have just transformed my GoH rats into sea rats if I had known.

Wait- we can be non humans?! Guys I would have just transformed my GoH rats into sea rats if I had known.

Lycanthropy is a bit of a grey area. I'd be unsurprised if the powers that be take issue with this. I suspect actual rat people are right out.

Welcome aboard.....

Lycanthropy is a bit of a grey area. I'd be unsurprised if the powers that be take issue with this. I suspect actual rat people are right out.

I'd do a "wait and see" to find out.....I think there might be some room here.....I had already intended to use the red Nexo Knight evil warriors for a tribe at some point....not to mention my sea monster WIP......

I'd do a "wait and see" to find out.....I think there might be some room here.....I had already intended to use the red Nexo Knight evil warriors for a tribe at some point....not to mention my sea monster WIP......

Last time someone used the Nexo Knight enemy faction as natives there was a recurring notion the skin tone was dye/paint and that they were still humans. And a sea monster wouldn't be out of genre. I'm running some subtle supernatural stuff through my own builds as well, which reminds me I really need to do that "Five Histories of Leon Dracken" at some point soon.

Edited by kaiju

24369951161_932640e54d_t.jpg My my my, more Sea Rats. It seems that I need to get off my tin can and make more progress to promote higher learning amongst the pirates.

24156803900_a3a468091d_t.jpg Higher learning? From you? Yeah, right.

25072137740_cca27f30d8_t.jpg Welcome, everyone!

24426191796_299bf13634_t.jpg MINIDOLLS AND WEREWOLVES!!!

24369951161_932640e54d_t.jpg An open mind is a superior mind, Alois. Let's observe to see how far the envelope goes, hmm?

24156803900_a3a468091d_t.jpg You stupid professor! This is the Pirates Forum: a place for serious builders! Which game do you think we're in, Andromeda's Gates?!

Introducing:

Captain Wolfwind the Pirate

Backstory:

Wolfwind was an ordinary farmer known as Joe until his brother John was bitten by a werewolf. John, consumed by a wolfish hunger, bit Joe. John's last word was "Death." He then lost all human brainpower and could not speak. Joe was healed in time that he did not become like John, but his head was permanently turned wolf. Taking on the name Captain Wolfwind, he hopes to find an item on the high seas that will change his head back.

Welcome in BoBS, Kappy. pirate_blush.gif Good to have more sea-rats - since they are more or less the only legal prey for our cruisers! pirate_laugh2.gif

I am not too sure about the lycanthropy, though - my suggestion would be to play it down abit. Reduce it so that those who prefer a more realistic universe can interpret it as rumours or old-wives tales.

I am certain we will see mermaids and some other mythical beings here, so you are not completely out of line, but it might be somewhat a great area.

At least my characters will believe that this is a pirate wearing a wolf's mask to intimidate his enemies, or similar, and leave the foremast hands to believe he is truly a werewolf. pirate_wink.gif

They might even interpret him as crazy, if they are told he believe it himself! pirate_tong.gif

I am not going to tell anyone how to play along here, and I think your idea can make for an interesting story. However, I reserve the right for my characters to interpret it as they see fit. pirate_blush.gif

Does that mean I can turn my character into an immortal vampire? pirate_laugh2.gif

Do what you like, would be my advice, but be ready to face the reactions (IC as OOC) from your fellows. pirate_blush.gif

At least my characters will believe that this is a pirate wearing a wolf's mask to intimidate his enemies, or similar, and leave the foremast hands to believe he is truly a werewolf. pirate_wink.gif

Yes, I think that is a good idea. I guess that will be the "official" explanation, but players can choose whether or not their characters believe he is actually a werewolf or not.

Kappy,

The Brethren have convened and agree that only human figures should be used. Your sigfig has to be human to begin with and the majority of time. We do hope to add a more mystic element to game similar to Pirates of the Caribbean, but primarily for humans to explore. Also, your sigfig would likely not be welcomed in an imperial settlement, and possibly among the Sea Rat settlements. I really wouldn't want your character to be at odds with everyone else's.

I do hope that there is enough in Brethren of the Brick Seas to still entice you to explore and plunder within the game.

Thanks, Phred

Yes, I think that is a good idea. I guess that will be the "official" explanation, but players can choose whether or not their characters believe he is actually a werewolf or not.

Kappy,

The Brethren have convened and agree that only human figures should be used. Your sigfig has to be human to begin with and the majority of time. We do hope to add a more mystic element to game similar to Pirates of the Caribbean, but primarily for humans to explore. Also, your sigfig would likely not be welcomed in an imperial settlement, and possibly among the Sea Rat settlements. I really wouldn't want your character to be at odds with everyone else's.

I do hope that there is enough in Brethren of the Brick Seas to still entice you to explore and plunder within the game.

Thanks, Phred

Just had an idea....if you want to use it.....

"Dog-soldiers" like indigenous peoples who wear Wolf or Lion skins for ceremonial clothing or warrior's armour. Then your whole crew could be decked out with masks/helms and armour/furs....

Edited by Vedauwoo

I present to you (and hereby claim all the benefits that come with "founding" this city, i.e. mayor's pay) the pirate port of Rassilon!

24307637645_5e11dfef68_c.jpg

This is a rough map of the city. Once Ska has the map of The Nest of Thieves I'll be able to show exactly where it's at on the island. There are 3 MOCs depicting the city so far:

Tavern

Housing

Fort

Other Sea Rats are welcome to build in Rassilon for free (unless the Sea Rat leaders say otherwise), but if you are from another faction I will not allow you to build for free! (again, unless the Sea Rat leaders say otherwise) All hail honor among thieves!

What did you use to make your maps?

What did you use to make your maps?

I used GIMP and I followed this tutorial. Be warned, if you're not very familiar with GIMP it will take you awhile. I only know the program a little and that map probably took me 3+ hours.