Darkdragon

Sea Rats: Sign-up and Discussion

Welcome aboard.

11 minutes ago, RocketSeason said:

I do have plenty of questions about my role in the world!

The good news is that there is no set role for the Sea Rats.  We are essentially the do as you like faction.  Well, we're mostly pirate anti-heroes at the moment, but we do have a lot of variations on that theme.  So feel free to let that imagination loose.

On 5 juillet 2017 at 5:41 PM, RocketSeason said:

Captain Matthew Hawse wishes to sign with the Sea Rats.

Hey gang, I dont know much about the game rules or requirments, but this looks like fun...

Welcome in BOBS ! Come aboard and take an Apple ! (Hope,you'll not steal it from me...)

A good intro and a good sigfig ! What else to ask for a Sea Rat !

Don't worry about the rules as it is less difficult than It seems. Sea Rats are less attached to rules than the Great Empires... Don't hesitate to ask before doing, we have a great Game Leaders team !

Welcome !

I finally got my Tortuga MOC done.  In all honesty, I had the beach done for over a week but simply could not come up with an idea I liked until 11pm last night.  Inspiration comes at odd times I suppose.

Idol of the Turtle God

12FGAn6.jpg

Edited by Kwatchi
Megablok you Photobucket!

On 25.12.2015 at 7:40 PM, Darkdragon said:

NOTE: All links should be fixed, if you find a broken or missing link here please contact @Darkdragon

Settlements
Rassilon, Nest of Thieves
Bastion, Nest of Thieves
Takashii Village, Nest of Thieves
Haven, Isla del Diablo
Moray's Den, Isla del Diablo
Charlatan Bay, Infero Pordejon

Membership (21)
Rodsh Derr (Bart)
Bartholomew "Lefty" Jones (Bob De Quatre)
Richard Walton, Esq (CB4)
Comrade Captain Darksten (Comrade Commander)
Susieh Cheng (dr_spock)
Amara (Gulagurag)
Shaman Azeban (ilulz)
Captain Benjamin Morgan (Jacob Nion)
Captain Leon Dracken (kaiju)
Captain Meloche (Kwatchi)
Captain William Quick (MiloNelsiano)
Sinbad (MKJoshA)
Captain Shen (nivremis)
Ethylene Glycol (pombe)
Captain James Rulthorpe (Rconn0)
Esteban Escobar (Ron701)
Jasper Soares (Savage_opress)
"Arrow" (Ukah-kamuta-na-ta-ta-fi-ra-ra) (SodorBricks)
Callia (Ulric Brickenheim)
Rhys Flaidd DeTaillefer (Vedauwoo)
Captain Mengish 

Edited by CaptainEdwardNoon

42 minutes ago, CaptainEdwardNoon said:

Captain Edward Noon

Are you trying to join? If so, please read the first post and join according to the instructions. 

So I've got these little pictures and narratives I'd like to share as I work to build my ship, but I don't know where I should be sharing those here and how they should be titled and formatted. Should I start a new MOC build thread and title it a specific way to indicate this is part of the BotBS game?

47 minutes ago, RocketSeason said:

So I've got these little pictures and narratives I'd like to share as I work to build my ship, but I don't know where I should be sharing those here and how they should be titled and formatted. Should I start a new MOC build thread and title it a specific way to indicate this is part of the BotBS game?

Yes, start a new thread and title it however you wish. If it is in the BoBS forum, it will automatically be understood to be part of the game. Some players preface their thread titles with [FB] or [FB-SR] or some such to denote it is a freebuild or a freebuild by a Sea Rat, respectively (or [FB-COR], [FB-ESL], [FB-OL] for the other factions), but such a title prefix is not necessary. If you want to gain doubloons in the economic component of the BoBS game for your build, go to the Master Index thread and under Web Forms, click on the Build Submittal Form and fill it out to get paid. Also, go to the Monthly Free Build Registration thread and post a link to your new MOC thread with your name and faction so other are alerted to go check it out.

Ok, so here is where my ignorance really shows itself. What exactly is a monthly "free" build? Also, this is for a large galleon I'm building that will likely take longer than a month to complete. Does it still go in the Monthly free build pool? I'd like to get doubloons for the final ship for sure, but I'm not sure what I spend that on. (A license for the ship?)

32 minutes ago, RocketSeason said:

What exactly is a monthly "free" build?

It's just any build that isn't part of a challenge or the monthly raiding and commerce action (MRCA).

Also, this is for a large galleon I'm building that will likely take longer than a month to complete. Does it still go in the Monthly free build pool?

Monthly just means that you posted it this month (and you may note that the "monthly" thread no longer gets restarted each month, but extends over several months now). If your pictures and such are showing IC (in-character) images of the ship being built in the shipyard with story to match, then this would be a fine free build, and you could still post a new thread of the finished ship later as another free build, and license the ship at that time.

I'd like to get doubloons for the final ship for sure, but I'm not sure what I spend that on. (A license for the ship?)

Yes, doubloons (DBs) are primarily spent to license ships and properties. Your first small (16x16) property can be licensed for free, and you can license a class 2 ship for free as your first ship as well. (Look at the New Ship Classes thread for an idea of how big the ship classes are.)

this is for a large galleon I'm building

That would likely be bigger than a class 2 ship! :pir-grin:  That would likely take a few hundred DBs to license. Your first 2 free builds each month get you 10 DBs each; your next 2 would get 5 each, and it diminishes after that each month. A small property such as an artisan's shop would generate 5 DBs income each month once it is registered. (You can check out the types of properties and the cost to license them here.) You also get 25 DBs (I think) for posting your sigfig intro (somebody help me remember if he has to do anything else, i.e. fill out a web form, to get those credited to his account). So it will take awhile to get the DBs to license a galleon. That said, there are plenty of DBs to be made in the MRCA once you have a licensed ship, which is why the free class 2 ship to start is a good deal. (FYI, regarding the MRCA, it is currently on hiatus. Once we get that running again, it is supposed to happen monthly, but rule changes have caused us to take a break for a bit.) And I'm sure there are plenty of players in your faction who would be willing to loan you the DBs to license such a ship.

FYI, if the pictures you want to post now are just WIP (work in progress) pics that you want to share, but aren't really part of an in-character story of building the ship, post the pictures in the Shipwrights Guild Hall thread instead of their own thread. You won't get DBs for a free build, but the players who frequent that thread can give you plenty of feedback on your build if that's what you're looking for.

I don't think there is a webform for the intro posting, just the DBs when the name is added to the accounting list. As to ship licensing, the new system isn't in place yet, so waiting on doing so is probably best anyway. Ship income comes from participation in the MRCA, which is still being reworked.

On 06/07/2017 at 3:03 PM, Bregir said:

Pillage, sink, and burn, and build great infamy? :pir-tongue:

Pffff ignoramus ! This is a little simplistic !!

there is much to add to pillage, sink, burn, build great infamy : drink a lot of booze, steal some dought, roam the seas, bury chest of doubloon :grin:

Welcome RocketSeason, the first shot of your ship are pretty nice !

Welcome aboard, Captain Matthew Hawse. :pir-classic:  

I've added you to the Sea Rats membership.

To the most fearfull Sea Rats, old and new:

You too are more than welcome in Trador, to mark the beginning of new opportunities!

Come join the Trador New Terra Soccer Cup! The perfect event for some networking, relaxing, drinking and entertaining!

Let's make our relationship strong again (and your relations with Oleon and Corrington as well ofcourse)! :classic::thumbup:

Gustaf Von Bricktin

IMG_20171231_005210

(shown here outside of one of his favorite taverns. The service sucks but the gals are sure handy)

Born in Corrington to Otto and Ethena Von Brickton.  Later moved to Eslandola as a child after his mother passed from consumption.

His father was a skilled sailor and passed on the skills to him and his younger brother Hans.  
Hans and him were never seen apart.  Once old enough they took to a privateer by the name of Richardson.  Capt. Richardson was a failed Royal Navy Officer and was as corrupt as they come.  The brothers sailed under his command for many years and worked their way through the ranks until one night that all had changed.   
It was a dreary night with low wind Capt. Richardson had arranged two meetings that night earlier the crew had shanghaied a small ship of smugglers and stolen their cargo, the very same cargo they were now intending to offload to some pirates.  
 This was not the first of either of these instances but they were never to be talked of in any port or death would befall the story teller.   The Capitan held him self high as a respectful merchant man who would never stoop to acts of piracy or association with pirates.  
They had met in a near by smugglers cave to exchange the cargo.   But that is where the simplicity of the story ends. 
You see when the Pirate Capitan opened the crates to inspect the goods he quickly recognized the cargo one of his smugglers was taking to the next port over.  The Brothers quickly found themselves and saber and gun point as Capt. Richardson let out with his ship and a skeleton crew.  
Luckily Hans was quick and witty and soon the brothers became part of a new crew.

Capt. Brickbosa was quite different from their former Capitan and soon the brothers signed his articles.  They became quite wealthy as Brickbosa has his hands in many pockets and took many a prize.  
Hans and Gustaf had a meeting with Brickbosa one night and explained their desire to hunt down their former Capitan and his ships.  Brickbosa agreed to let them Capitan the next worthy prize they took. 

The brothers then took a lovely ship and reworked her to a formidable hunter.  They sunk every ship of the former Capitan's fleet they came across showing no quarter and only letting the ships boy live to tell the tale.

It was only one misty night when a mast dropped out of the mist and a lucky swivel gun shot took Hans life.  Gustaf fought like the devil that night and tore the ship timber from timber. He drug the bloody bodies of the former crew to the center of the ship and lit the pile on fire. He did not way anchor until the last of the ship slipped below the water.  This was the first time that no one was left to tell the tale.

He the stole away to a smugglers cave he knew and began to rework the ship.  It took on a devilish new look and even though the ship held the name of Brothers in Blood it was often refered to as the Salty Devil from that day on.  The ship was very ornate and had skeletons carved all over the ship.  Capt. Gustaf had his own articles similar to Brickbosa however with two main differences:
Thew crew would show no quarter and every man of his crew was sworn to the ship by a blood oath.  

As tales become it is said that the oath the men all swore painted the ship its taunting red.  

After the fleet of Richardson had all been drug to hell and Richardson himself hung on a pike Gustaf released the crew with a promise should the Salty Devil sail again they would feel it in their blood and be drawn back to the ship. 

Only rumors last of what happened to the ship.  Only Gustaf and a handful of trusted men know the location of the ship. 

Nowadays he can usually be found down by the bluffs where he has founded a ship wright and takes great pleasure in working side by side with his men ... He even hired an overseer so that he could focus on the builds.  

Very few know of his bloody past little is known about him accept he worked out a deal with the local mayor to set up shop down by the bluffs.   Many don't even know that he owns the Salty Shipworks, as most think he's just another hired hand.

Let it be know from this day forward Gustaf Von Bricktin aligns himself with the Sea Rats.

An interesting introduction indeed, welcome!

May I ask where the hat, head and torso of your sigfig come from?

22 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

An interesting introduction indeed, welcome!

May I ask where the hat, head and torso of your sigfig come from?

The hat off Brick Link ... I would have to pull it up to tell what sets it came in the head came on one of western sets the gunslinger.  The cape is off batman.  The torso came from an ebay purchase and is supposed to be gibbs from PotC

Thanks for the welcome glad to be here

Edited by Roadmonkeytj
Bumped the send

On 12/31/2017 at 9:13 PM, Roadmonkeytj said:

Gustaf Von Bricktin

Your account has been added to the account summary. Welcome aboard Sea Rat. :pir-classic: 

Hi. Count vroski here. Is this still open? If so, I would like to join the sea rats. My sigfig goes by the name of Sean Greybeard and he comes from a long generation of pir.. Sorry armed merchants. His most recent ship ran aground and he is on the market for a new ship

Yes this is still open... you're welcome to join our pir... honest but armed merchant fraternity. Welcome aboard @Count Vroskri.

Now we are just waiting for a small built introducing your sigfig... don't be afraid to ask about anything you want. We will be pleased to answer as soon as possible.

And just after your intro built I will add you to the Sea Rat private channel.

This thread is the old one, please answer in the other one.