Darkdragon

Sea Rats: Sign-up and Discussion

Guest pigs

I have a quick question. I can't get the confirmation email to send. What should I do?

If I get registered I will start posting my pirate MOCs

Thanks

2 hours ago, Guest pigs said:

I have a quick question. I can't get the confirmation email to send. What should I do?

If I get registered I will start posting my pirate MOCs

Thanks

You can post your problem in the Help topic: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/96103-help/&page=23  An admin can help you out.  Some times email problems can be related to spam filters, etc.

A busy weekend for me:

Kaiju's Captain Yharnam and my Captain-Bishop Meloche (along with Gulagurag's Amara the Amazon) had nice friendly chat in Yharnam's Offer Part 2.

yar4_zpsidjgfmfd.jpg

I also built a trade ship (never thought I'd be typing those words), the Sirrus.

sirrus2_zpsvcxjrry5.jpg

32789881981_fd0418a38b_c.jpg

If anyone ever again feels the need to put a bounty on my head, feel free to use this more flattering illustration of me. Higher resolution available

Edited by Jacob Nion

17 minutes ago, Jacob Nion said:

32789881981_fd0418a38b_c.jpg

If anyone ever again feels the need to put a bounty on my head, feel free to use this more flattering illustration of me. Higher resolution available

No Captain anymore? :D

1 hour ago, Jacob Nion said:

<snip>

Want to put a bounty on the head of the notorious Captain Benjamin Morgan?  He'll design the posters himself for a consideration of 300 DBs and a safe pass to the drop-off port!

:tongue:

1 hour ago, Maxim I said:

No Captain anymore? :D

I wanted to keep it believable. And didn't want to give up the running gag.

16 minutes ago, Kai NRG said:

Want to put a bounty on the head of the notorious Captain Benjamin Morgan?  He'll design the posters himself for a consideration of 300 DBs and a safe pass to the drop-off port!

:tongue:

Not a bad idea. Let's say 50 DB copyright charge for every use.

Hello fellow pirates!

I am terrible sorry to be gone so long, but busy real life kept me away from the bricks.
I wish I could say I am back though. 
Unfortunately for you, (good for me) I have to go to sea for the next 6 months, the real sea not the bricky waters. I'm a merchant navy engineer, :) 

Anyway great to sea all is still going on in Bobs, terrible sorry I sort of left, but I do intented to make my apearence again in the future.

Bart

Don't worry Bart! And hopefully your journeys will inspire you to build something that made an impression on you! 

@Bart: The greatest pleasure is said to be that of anticipation. Will be looking forward to your return. Enjoy the high seas!

It has been six months since I had left my home land....

Well, I didn't leave so much as I was kicked out for making buildings and public works that weren't exactly "up to code". But they were safe, I assure you this! Okay, maybe a few of my "home improvements" were a little risky, but I really wanted a balcony...

Anyway, with all the fines I was paying, I had no money to buy a proper wagon. Instead, I took an old dory from the dock, stuck some supports and wheels on it and made it my home. Isn't it great how everything in this world fits together perfectly?

As I was getting ready to leave town, I realised that I'd need someone to drive and guard the wagon while I sleep. As if the gods had been listening to my thoughts, a man waved at me and yelled "SAY, MY WIFE KICKED ME OUT OF THE HOUSE. SAID I WAS TOO LOUD. CAN I RIDE WITH YOU FOR A WHILE?"

Strange thing to say, and maybe he's a little too loud, but I'm not picky and I can always just sit on the other end of the cart when he speaks.

And maybe the gods misunderstood what I wanted, because as we were leaving town, a slightly-drunk bar wench in golden underwear ran up to our cart.

"Hey, you! I need a ride! Quick!"

"Why?" I asked. "My poor horse is already struggling to pull two people."

Then she said, "Oh, don't worry about it! I know someone who can get you a new horse. On me!" And she jumped onto the cart.

Just as she said that, I saw a few Imperial Guards come around the corner. I had no time to kick her off the cart, as if the Guards saw me trying to leave town, they'd lock me up for sure for trying to avoid my court date. I had to leave quickly, or at least as quickly as my poor over-encumbered horse could trudge (which was, in fact, much quicker than those pudgy pastry-eating Imperial guards!).

"What's your name?" I asked the girl.

"Charlotte." She said.

"HEY, WHY DIDN'T YOU ASK ME MY NAME?" Said the man with the top hat.

"Oh, um, I forgot." Really, I just didn't want him to talk.

"THAT'S ALRIGHT! DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT!"

Three weeks into our journey, I started to wonder about that free horse I was promised.

"Oh, the horse? Yeah, I thought you were going a different way, the guy that owes me a horse lives North of the town, not East."

I nearly kicked her off the wagon, but lately she had been making herself useful whenever we needed to stop in small settlements for supplies. She certainly had way with salesmen.

At some point in our journey, we passed by a very small colony of strange people.

"Where are we?" I asked one of the men we passed.

"Yar, ye' be in pirate territory!" He said loudly. "Well, we be See Rats, not real pirates. We say that ourselves."

"Well, that's quite alright, we're all fugitives." I said.

"HEY, I'M NOT A FUGITIVE."

"Shut up, Greg."

"MY NAME ISN'T GREG!"

"The boy, he be yellin'! Tell him to stop, there be people sleepin' still!" Said the pirate -- erm, Sea Rat.

"I'm sorry, he does that. Wait, why are there still people sleeping? It's late in the afternoon."

"Arr, what do ye' not get about ye' bein' in pirate Sea Rat territory?"

"I'm sorry. We don't know where we are. We're just running away from civilisation."

"Yar har!" Exclaimed the man. "Arrn't we all? Since ye' clearly don't know where ye' be goin', let me show ye' around. Interestin' wagon ye' got 'ere!"

He then began to climb into the wagon...

"Wait!" I yelled.

"If you're going to get on, you have to give us a horse up front. I can almost hear mine wheezing at the thought of you joining us."

"Yar, I don't own a horse, but there be a small imperial camp up North from here. We can steal a few of those things from them! Yar-har!"

"Listen, pal. It's been a long journey. If you couldn't tell by the size of the baseplate you're standing on and the lack of detail in your settlement, I'm about to run out of pieces to MOC all of our misadventures. Most of my good parts were spent on the first scene and on the last one. If you can get us a horse, do so. If not, then bugger off."

"Hmm... I suppose ye' could just sleep with the stable owner."

"Oh, oh! I'll go!" Said Charlotte, as she jumped off the wagon and ran towards the stable.

"Yar! Where ye' goin'! I'm the stable owner! Yar-har! Ye' wouldn't think I'd just let my horses go like that, did ye'? I be comin' with ye'!"

"I thought you said you didn't have a--- Nevermind..."

About half an hour after the two disappeared, they returned.

"Ye' wouldn't mind if I brought me boy with me, would ye'? He just likes to shoot at squirrels, he won't be doin' any harm. I'll even provide ye' with some firepower! What ye' say?"

"Sure," I said. "Just hitch up your horses and we'll be on our way. Then, you can take us to the heart of your civilisation."

Our journey continued as usual, but with more people. The Sea Rat, who's name turned out to actually be Greg, was driving our now four-horsed lorry. Once in a while, the boy (who's name is something like "Berry", but it might be something else) would fire a shot at a squirrel and scare our horses, but for the most part everything went smoothly. I mounted a barrel in the back for me to sit in as I needed some personal space, as well as a musket on a pintle mount for easy access.

Once more, for good measure, we stumbled upon a man named "Arnold", working on a "B movie set", whatever that is. He gave us his last name, too, but I'm not even going to try to spell it.

Following the tradition of everyone else we've encountered so far, he wanted to board our vessel. We'll skip the dialogue and all the low-brow references.

Eventually, after much uneventfulness, we saw "Bastion" -- the heart of the Sea Rats civilisation -- on the horizon.

Unfortunately, I am out of pieces to MOC "Bastion", but I'm sure everyone knows what it looks like!

After we arrived, I got straight to work on building the one free small artisan building I'm allowed, which can have however many cannons mounted as I want, because Sea Rats kick megablocks.

OOC:

Spoiler

This is my introduction/ MOC thing that I'm supposed to do. I originally had much grander ideas, but then I realised how few pieces I had left, so those grand ideas had to be scrapped.

The characters that were introduced (Not Greg, Charlotte, Greg, Tackleberry, and Arnold), as well as my own character (Oli Oblivion), will be used in future plots.

Great intro post/story, though my head is spinning a bit from all the the fourth walls that got broken. :wacko:

18 hours ago, Fox Womb said:
  Hide contents

This is my introduction/ MOC thing that I'm supposed to do. I originally had much grander ideas, but then I realised how few pieces I had left, so those grand ideas had to be scrapped.

The characters that were introduced (Not Greg, Charlotte, Greg, Tackleberry, and Arnold), as well as my own character (Oli Oblivion), will be used in future plots.

Welcome aboard Fox Womb! I'm sure one of the Sea Rat council will be by at some point to initiate you into the super-secret fraternity's... surprisingly rather mundane secret threads.

Welcome aboard @Fox Womb, always glad to see another Sea Rat.  May I suggest you add a picture and some text just to highlight and introduce your sigfig specifically as well as their backstory?