Darkdragon

Sea Rats: Sign-up and Discussion

I gave you credit already for the licensed property from Jan. You will need to let me know in the adjudication form that you are registering the free builds from january since you missed that month.

I cannot stress this enough, but this is the ONLY month (january) that we will retroactively adjust totals because of a missing free build form.

A reminder to everyone, ALL free builds should have a form filled out so that your team gets credit (and so do you). If you want to register the property in the EGS, or the vessel in the EGS/MRCA, then the additional license form needs to be filled out. So for all builds you want to use in the "game" portion of BOBS, you must fill out two forms!

Roger....so, for freebuild form compliance.....do I need to submit a freebuild form for everything other than "The Bastion Ortchet" from Feb.? Or are those entered already because I specified them in the adjudication forms?

Awesome. Is it a NMRA train show?

Looks like they mention NMRA on their site....it's mainly Z, N, HO, S, O...etc...stuff, we are the only LEGO folks there....this year we did boats on rails and islands....Gilligan's, Easter, Christmas, Kitchen,.....clean-up on Isle 3, etc...mine was originally supposed to be a "Ninja Island," but after BoBS started up, the Ninja's and pirates thing seemed more appropriate!

I should have some highlights on my flickr later....lol

Edited by Vedauwoo

Welcome, Callia - 'tis good to see the ranks of the sea rats swelling! Although I fear my trading company stocks go down each time... pirate_tong.gif

25027011532_cbafb33084_n.jpg

Callia signs up for the mighty sea rats!

24543937776_2ba0fb9cd3_q.jpgWelcome to the Nest!

Edited by Vedauwoo

Emil Meloche now sails for the Sea Rats

xc7dCiM.jpg

Emil Meloche was friar in the Oleon church of the Patheon. His life's work had been the illuminating of texts at the Monastery of Acre, which was famed for its extensive library. Emil's one true failing was his curiosity, and one fateful evening he ventured into the deeper vaults to read one of the oldest sacrementary tomes that had been collecting dust on the shelf. But unbeknownst to him this text had been declared heretical by the church and his indiscretion was brought to the attention of the local cardinal by a colleague looking for self aggrandizement.

The church's response was shift and merciless. That the book had been simply lost rather than destroyed was of no consequence. Emil was immediately placed in chains by the inquisitional guard, excommunicated, and sentenced to be burned at the stake at dawn. Some of his brother monks were outraged at his unfair treatment and freed him that night. Previously a man of peace, Emil Meloche had been changed by both what he had learned from the proscribed book and his treatment by his fellow clergymen. Upon release, he and his band stalked the halls of the monastery slaughtering his former brethren, the cardinal, and his entourage. His last act before firing the building was to strangle the monk who had condemned him using the manacles of his former confinement.

Fleeing the monastery, Emil and his acolytes escaped to the coastal town of Le Havre where they commandeered the Olean navy packet ship Chevalier Neuve. The friar self-appointed himself Captain and to slake his anger at the church, began to raid along the Oleon coast, always with an eye for church property to pillage. For though revenge is a sweet dish, Captain Meloche seeks knowledge of the gods and their whims above all else, having gleaned what power might be gained to one able to properly call upon them. Some call him wizard or warlock, but he sees himself as nothing less than the Bishop of the Dark Seas and the chosen of Hades (patron of revenge) himself. And he now finds himself sailing eastward, chasing tales of mysteries and forbidden knowledge to be plundered.

Over time, many of his monk brethren have left or died, and these have been replaced by wayward souls looking for a berth. Today, his inner crew stands at six and a more desperate band of miscreants you will not find.

kSFXN9f.jpg

From left to right:

Lancel Montriche - this cruel, vainglorious son of a minor Olean earl fights for the pleasure of seeing his foes begging for mercy before being dispatched, as well as constantly seeking ways to increase his reputation for debauchery while in port.

Brother Axel - the last of Meloche's monk followers and still pious by his own thinking, his great size and limited capacity for independent thought has proven useful time and again. He serves both as the captain's enforcer and cook.

Robin the cabin boy - the captain's dogsbody and personal spy, he maintains his master's gun blades and other mechanical devices.

Captain Meloche - Bishop of the Dark Seas.

Quartermaster Clarence Moore - a Corrington army deserter, his obsession is to become a captain himself one day, and feels he can achieve this by sticking fanatically to the "Pirate Code".

Master Gunner Fox - his keen eye and good humour masks a man who is free of any fear or morality.

Maicy Nitoni - a former member of a minor Eslondian duke's court, she abandoned the life of a courtesan in order to freely explore the darker side of her passions.

Edited by Kwatchi

Captain Meloche now sails for the Sea Rats

23943308853_b4d8a8f3c3_q.jpgWelcome to the Nest 'o' Thieves!

24543937046_6767d8f207_q.jpgNice Guns!!

Quite a crew, Captain Meloche. It seems my trading company stocks just went down again! Damned pirates! ;)

Thanks. My first free build should follow tonight; nothing spectacular mind you. I have been burning the midnight oil during my free time (i.e. Once the wife and kids are in bed) the last few weeks, and I'm real happy to finally get some MOCs built and posted.

PS: can someone direct me to instructions on how to shrink posted pictures on this forum? I couldn't figure out to reduce mine to a more appropriate size in this interface, and they keep 'ballooning' regardless of their original dimensions.

Thanks. My first free build should follow tonight; nothing spectacular mind you. I have been burning the midnight oil during my free time (i.e. Once the wife and kids are in bed) the last few weeks, and I'm real happy to finally get some MOCs built and posted.

PS: can someone direct me to instructions on how to shrink posted pictures on this forum? I couldn't figure out to reduce mine to a more appropriate size in this interface, and they keep 'ballooning' regardless of their original dimensions.

If using Flickr to host, select the "share" option....the little twisted arrow at bottom right corner of image.....they you can choose and option for size and it provides a copy/paste link with all the url stuff .....after pating to your post, you can "preview post" to get the image to load and see how it looks....I usually go for the option closest to 800x600 for freebuild posts....150x150 works well for little "character speaking" images....

If you are hosting on a site that does not provide such and option, you can resize your images in Paint or Photoshop and upload a smaller version.

From left to right:

Lancel Montriche - this cruel, vainglorious son of a minor Olean earl fights for the pleasure of seeing his foes begging for mercy before being dispatched, as well as constantly seeking ways to increase his reputation for debauchery while in port.

Brother Axel - the last of Meloche's monk followers and still pious by his own thinking, his great size and limited capacity for independent thought has proven useful time and again. He serves both as the captain's enforcer and cook.

Robin the cabin boy - the captain's dogsbody and personal spy, he maintains his master's gun blades and other mechanical devices.

Captain Meloche - Bishop of the Dark Seas.

Quartermaster Clarence Moore - a Corrington army deserter, his obsession is to become a captain himself one day, and feels he can achieve this by sticking fanatically to the "Pirate Code".

Master Gunner Fox - his keen eye and good humour masks a man who is free of any fear or morality.

Maricy Nitoni - a former member of a minor Eslondian duke's court, she abandoned the life of a courtesan in order to freely explore the darker side of her passions.

Nice crew! Also nice twist on the Nexo Knight character names....

Welcome aboard.

Where are you hosting your pictures? If you're on flickr, we have a tutorial on how to do that: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=97921

Also if you are a member of flickr, we have an Eurobricks Brethen of Bricks Seas group that you can add your pictures to.

We have tutorials for other picture hosting services in the Forum Information and Help section. http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showforum=6

I'm using photobucket. Don't ask; I'm archaic.

I'll try playing with it some more tonight. It looks like Merloc... erm... Meloche had crooked epaulettes, so it gives an excuse to retake the pic.

I'll try playing with it some more tonight. It looks like Merloc... erm... Meloche had crooked epaulettes, so it gives an excuse to retake the pic.

I use photobucket sometimes....that's where you will have to resize the images before you upload to Photobucket, then you can just use the straight link.

One advantage with Flickr is stats (not sure if that's only for pro accounts or not) but allows you to see how many views each image gets and where they are being referred from.

I use Photobucket. You can configure your settings on Photobucket so that photos are automatically resized as you upload them. For large sized photos already on Photobucket, you can edit them on Photobucket. Select edit when viewing the photo. In the online Editor menu bar, there is a button for resize. Click and enter the size you want.

Thanks for the help. Turns out I just needed to refresh my web browser's cache in order to see the changes I kept making.

In slightly less embarrassing news, my Armed Sloop freebuild has been posted: http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=122147

Edited by Kwatchi

As has been prophesied by the oracle and ordained by the queen of the Amazons, the warrior known as Amara shall captain a ship under the banner of Captain Meloche. By extension, she shall serve the Sea Rats through his will.

Captain%20Amara%20of%20the%20Amazons_zpsc6cbyxrf.jpg