Darkdragon

Sea Rats: Sign-up and Discussion

So, I'm wondering if I majorly messed up in my January property builds.....

I was assuming I could build "properties" and then "license" them as I earned the funds through other game activities....but I see in the map system thread, the following:

"If they build within their own faction’s territory, a fee is paid upfront to their faction for right to use the land."

-and-

"After the builder has bought the right to own a certain property, they must then complete a MOC showing this property. After posting the MOC as its own thread, the builder will register that MOC in the faction’s designated thread and report it via a webform."

So....was I supposed to pay a fee before even beginning my builds? Does that invalidate them? I know I forgot to do the webform on several....just want to make sure I am doing things as I am supposed to....

To whom do I pay the fee to build in Bastion and how much?

@Ved, are you sure that isn't referring only to mines? By my recollection (I could be wrong, it's been a while since I last read the rules! pirate_laugh2.gif) you must stake a claim for a mine and pay the licence before building an MoC, and build that after you find out what you have struck - but all other property types are built first and then licenced (I'm sure about that). So no, you did do it correctly pirate_classic.gif

oh I didn't do it that way either.

I builded a Freebuild, then licensed it via the webform indicating in which city it was.

the fee for the license I assumed was all the fee there was.

I didn't pay anything extra to have my House of Pleasure in Bastion (which still doesn't have a settlement thread)

I asked about any fee or rent for my warehouse in Nova Terreli – Nellisa (ESL), but was told there was no extra costs.

I did post in the settlement thread that I had placed my build there.

Bart

Ok cool.....I guess we'll get it all sorted out when we get the opportunity to correct the stuff we missed in January...

Who is supposed to create the Bastion settlement thread? Or, should I not have built my stuff in the NPC city?

Who is supposed to create the Bastion settlement thread? Or, should I not have built my stuff in the NPC city?

I thought it would be the mayor/faction/owner to do that.

Bastion is NPC ? i thought it was our capital, and a playable city like any other.

I'll try to get that up later tonight.

Tomorow is fine too, by my account.

It's just for comfort, so you can keep track of all the buildings in the town.

And the amount of buildings brings in cash to the town treasure chest if I read the rules correctly.

and rules on how many plantations/fortresses etc the city can have.

Bart

So, I'm wondering if I majorly messed up in my January property builds.....

I was assuming I could build "properties" and then "license" them as I earned the funds through other game activities....but I see in the map system thread, the following:

"If they build within their own faction’s territory, a fee is paid upfront to their faction for right to use the land."

-and-

"After the builder has bought the right to own a certain property, they must then complete a MOC showing this property. After posting the MOC as its own thread, the builder will register that MOC in the faction’s designated thread and report it via a webform."

So....was I supposed to pay a fee before even beginning my builds? Does that invalidate them? I know I forgot to do the webform on several....just want to make sure I am doing things as I am supposed to....

To whom do I pay the fee to build in Bastion and how much?

This is only the procedure for mines now (see mines for details). Since we got rid of the "you have to map your city" requirement, this language will only apply towards mines which are like property gambling. There will be a major revision of rules this month, if I can ever get time to do it!

Sea Rats run a little differently, as long as DD is on board with this, you all should only be paying half price rounded up on all properties that are not mines. January ran a little different because all of the nations were getting full profits. The Sea Rats faction gets FIPs at the same rate as the other nations, but they do not get gold at the same rate, because their members get to build for cheaper. And let's face it, anarchy is law here most of the time! However, in unofficial Sea Rats settlments like Rassilon, the mayor sets the policy. So he may say that you have to pay full price to build in his city, and the city's coffers pocket the rest. (City bank accounts will also be changing, and most of the funds here will be available for the mayor to build city properties)

Hehehe, i was doing the same yesterday(or the day before that. I am losing track of time). Happy times! Oh, and do spice up the description a bit as it will attract more players/dwellers imo.

Ska the city game dinamics are even more broad than I immagined, I'm still liking this game more and more :D

Hope you are able to keep track of it all

Thanks for the clarification....

.....you all should only be paying half price rounded up on all properties that are not mines.

Is this half price referring to the license fee for the properties?

Probably going to go post this in the MOC WIP/Feedback thread for some advice with next couple of stages, but here's a preview of my Sigfig's ship, the Bleak Angel. I've been using LDD to test out ideas before bricklinking parts to actually build the thing. Currently waiting on the pieces to fill out the sides of the hull.

mercilessangelwip.png

I had to build stand-ins for the front/end hull pieces as I'm using the old-style prefabs that I found at a toy & collector fair a couple of years back. The cabin does currently exist in physical form, I just don't have pics yet.

One little correction to what I said earlier, Forts are different than other properties, like ships, these licenses are full price for everyone, and cannot be discounted by faction.

Bastion now has its own settlement thread! I tried to add in all the MOCs that have been placed in Bastion so far, but I may have missed a few. Please comment in that thread if I missed something.

Also, if you have not registered your free builds, please do! Even if they are not properties, they still add to the wealth of the settlement.

Also, if you have not registered your free builds, please do! Even if they are not properties, they still add to the wealth of the settlement.

Does this include the freebuilds we may have missed registering last month?

Can i get an account of what I have submitted the forms on so I know what's missing? Or do you automatically discard any duplicate forms?

The only licensed property you had was a small artisan, you did not have any free build forms turned in for January. The only one I have for Feb is this one

You licensed this and this and this in the feb forms.

Because of the free build adjudication this month only, the freebuilds will count towards Feb MRCA in Bastion.

Does this include the freebuilds we may have missed registering last month?

Can i get an account of what I have submitted the forms on so I know what's missing? Or do you automatically discard any duplicate forms?

The only licensed property you had was a small artisan, you did not have any free build forms turned in for January. The only one I have for Feb is this one

Because of the free build adjudication this month only, the freebuilds will count towards Feb MRCA in Bastion.

I would also like to know an account of what I have and have not registered, please. (I have not registered Challenge builds in february, but I understood it so that they do not count as FBs).

Roger....so, for freebuild form compliance.....do I need to submit a freebuild form for everything other than "The Bastion Ortchet" from Feb.? Or are those entered already because I specified them in the adjudication forms?

Bastion now has its own settlement thread! I tried to add in all the MOCs that have been placed in Bastion so far, but I may have missed a few. Please comment in that thread if I missed something.

Thank you :pir-wub: