Darkdragon

Sea Rats: Sign-up and Discussion

Hello Sinbad, glad you received a warm welcome in the Nest :P :P

Esteban Escobar is signing up for the Sea Rats.

Dreaming of independence and adventure his whole life, the reality was just the opposite for Esteban Escobar. Working at his own little plantation was not the exciting way of life for him. Moreover – against his will - his parents have recently arranged a marriage with a daughter of a rich cotton trader.

So the thirty years old Esteban felt forced for his fateful decision and sold his property today without informing his family. With this starting capital he is able to fulfill his desires: Become a great Sea Rat and leave this predetermined life back in Oleon

23913007800_e45e14b68a_c.jpgIntro Moc BoBS2 by Ron 701, auf Flickr

23581795793_8c80b5c83a_c.jpgIntro Moc BoBS by Ron 701, auf Flickr

welcome to BoBS, i like your intromoc, with the great floor and tan spots on the White wall you've got an excellent color-scheme!

Welcome to the Sea Rats!

I love how you did the bricks in the walls.

Esteban Escobar is signing up for the Sea Rats.

Dreaming of independence and adventure his whole life, the reality was just the opposite for Esteban Escobar. Working at his own little plantation was not the exciting way of life for him. Moreover – against his will - his parents have recently arranged a marriage with a daughter of a rich cotton trader.

So the thirty years old Esteban felt forced for his fateful decision and sold his property today without informing his family. With this starting capital he is able to fulfill his desires: Become a great Sea Rat and leave this predetermined life back in Oleon

I like your sig-fig, I love your story, and your MOC is amazing! Great use of printed tiles and dark tan highlights.

Just finished building an introductory MOC for my sigfig, but won't be able to get any decent photos until tomorrow.

@Ron701: I really like both your sigfig's style and the small MOC dedicated to it. Favourite part is the parts of dark tan in the white wall, looks very authentic to me!

Is there a mayor of Bastion? or is that the same person as the Pirate King ?

I posted a building to go in Bastion. do we need a specific city thread for that?

Bart

A man in a uniform much older than he, Captain Leon Dracken is a notorious pirate with another man's name, or so it seems.

Decades ago, at the height of the Forty-Nine Year War, Leon Dracken was an Oleon Admiral declared lost at sea. He returned, a pirate, captain of the Bleak Angel.

This Captain Dracken is far too young to be him, but the resemblance to his portrait at the Oleon Naval Academy is uncanny.

The rumours that he leads a crew of heretics and witches may not be just that.

captdracken.jpg

His impressive escape from an Oleon prison just adds to his legend.

Apologies that the picture is not the greatest, not ideal lighting conditions and having to use my phone's camera are not a great combination.

Hm, more and more sea rats are starting to infest our fine colonial waters, time to lead an expedition ...

anyway, welcome to BoBs!

Is there a mayor of Bastion? or is that the same person as the Pirate King ?

I posted a building to go in Bastion. do we need a specific city thread for that?

Bart

Any national settlement is ran by the faction leaders, so there may be an NPC leader. I would assume that it is OK to put anything you want in Bastion though. Unless the rules there tighten up.

Any national settlement is ran by the faction leaders, so there may be an NPC leader. I would assume that it is OK to put anything you want in Bastion though. Unless the rules there tighten up.

But one could create their own settlement on the island at this point and become mayor, yes?

Also, we need to decide what the name of our island is! the map says "Nest of Thieves" but the intro it's called "Den of Thieves."

along with many old rogues who had earned their salt in the old world by piratical activities and such-like, settled the rocky shores of the island that would become "The Den of Thieves."

I think most of us have been calling it "Nest" so I think that should be the official one and the first post should be changed.

I think most of us have been calling it "Nest" so I think that should be the official one and the first post should be changed.

It is officially a Nest and not a Den.

But one could create their own settlement on the island at this point and become mayor, yes?

Yes.

No, IT doesn't

If an Admin can adjust the titles of my posts then....that would be great....lol

How about a Merchant Flotilla??

Seems we have a few boats....should we coordinate our MCRA routes?

I was planning for New Terreli and Kingsport...zones 4 and 5.

How about a Merchant Flotilla??

Seems we have a few boats....should we coordinate our MCRA routes?

I was planning for New Terreli and Kingsport...zones 4 and 5.

Shhh! We don't want anyone else to know our plans! And I was thinking more of a I'll-bring-the-guns-you-bring-the-cargo-space find a wealthy merchant ship and take their cargo kind of run pirate_laugh2.gif

I should have a ship after I finish challenge 2, so next month I'm able to join the MCRA.

For those really curious I'm building a Koff. :)

I present to you (and hereby claim all the benefits that come with "founding" this city, i.e. mayor's pay) the pirate port of Rassilon!

24307637645_5e11dfef68_c.jpg

This is a rough map of the city. Once Ska has the map of The Nest of Thieves I'll be able to show exactly where it's at on the island. There are 3 MOCs depicting the city so far:

Tavern

Housing

Fort

Other Sea Rats are welcome to build in Rassilon for free (unless the Sea Rat leaders say otherwise), but if you are from another faction I will not allow you to build for free! (again, unless the Sea Rat leaders say otherwise) All hail honor among thieves!

Any Sea Rat that is wanting to participate in the MCRA this month, let me know and I'll add you to the discussion.