shannanigan

[LDD-MOC] Tile Valley, Bricktopia

I got back into collecting LEGO when Monster Fighters came out... and now its a full blown obsession.

But my bank account and home aren't big enough to sustain all my ideas so I've taken to creating in LEGO Digital Designer!

I've started this post to share my designs once they are finished... my virtual LEGO town... Tile Valley, Bricktopia.

Maybe someday I will win the lottery and be able to make them IRL. :)

All designs rendered using "Bluerender" with "Sunflow MOD"... both found here on Eurobricks!

EDIT AGAIN: Got this all figured out now, thanks everybody!

Going to list them here for easy linking... :)

23770726982_639da683e5_s.jpg - PIRATES COVE TAVERN

23583902700_4c441f6c0d_s.jpg - SLOPE ESTATES : The Cuboid

23828879042_3365e16e9a_s.jpg - BRICK TIKI : A Plastic Polynesian Paradise

23879830500_4407babe7d_s.jpg - TRI-BUSINESS BLOCK : Comics, Coffee and Flowers

Edited by shannanigan

Nice. :classic:

Any interior, or just the facade?

Thank you.. and Yes! But I can't post them... :/

I have them on my Flickr account if you want to check them out...

EDIT: Ok... I wanted to post images but it appears I'm not allowed.

Maybe I can only do one a day? Or should I link instead of attach?

I also can't reply to my own post... this website is super confusing!

Embedding the pictures is how you should do it - Eurobricks doesn't allow image hosting on the site. Seeing as you already have a Flickr account that should be very easy to do :)

Also, I believe you can reply to your own posts - but not straight away, there's a time limit to how soon you can do it.

There is a tutorial here somewhere, about embedding images from you flickr account.

Can't find it at short notice, but maybe a moderator can point you in the right direction.

Nice MOC, by the way!

Edited by Withacee

There is a tutorial here somewhere, about embedding images from you flickr account.

Can't find it at short notice, but maybe a moderator can point you in the right direction.

Nice MOC, by the way!

Thanks! All I could find prior to my post was size limitation info.

I assumed that meant I had to shrink my files to post them... but linking is fine with me! :)

23770726982_639da683e5_z.jpg

23252251093_f4405853ab_z.jpg

23252251003_a78b196850_z.jpg

Edited by shannanigan

Next up.. one of my little "retro" houses. I have several of these in the works... I might also add "backyards" on separate 16x32 baseplates.

23583902700_4c441f6c0d_z.jpg

23797125071_fbdb29bc0a_z.jpg

23251443514_b40c12d2cf_z.jpg

Edited by shannanigan

This last one is brilliant. Cool colour choices and lots of interesting details. And those custom-designed logos of yours are perfect! I agree - if only you owned a pad printer :)

Nice designs, I especially like the tavern and the tri business block. The latter has a very basic similarity to the DO in terms of overall shape, so it would very nice next to it, methinks :classic:

Nice designs, I especially like the tavern and the tri business block. The latter has a very basic similarity to the DO in terms of overall shape, so it would very nice next to it, methinks :classic:

I really like the Detective's Office design... how it incorporates several buildings of various widths into one baseplate. It was definitely the inspiration!

It really adds something nice aesthetically to LEGO's Modular lineup... I see LEGO did similar with the new Bank as well. :)

This last one is brilliant. Cool colour choices and lots of interesting details. And those custom-designed logos of yours are perfect! I agree - if only you owned a pad printer :)

I'm really impressed with these! If you get that pad printer, and sell the custom printed pieces and instructions count me in! (And I'm Very Picky by the way)

Thanks! I'm an illustrator and a designer "by trade" and when I get into creative blocks for my other work I design LEGO stuff.

I'm finally getting around to sharing it... so it might take me a while longer to monetize. But if I can make it happen I will let you know! :)

Edited by shannanigan

All these LDD´s are looking great.

I would so love to se them build IRL.

Anyhow, great work with these indeed ! :thumbup: