Sign in to follow this  
makoy

[MOC] Ninja Parade

I wanted to display all the ninjas I have collected in their elements so within a day I put together this to parade all the ninjas (except Nya as I am unsure how I can fit Nya in this display) but I am happy how this came out after only spending 2-3 hours for this very simple MOC.

Haven't put the stone army Kai yet.... and once I get the 2016 wave I will update this for sure.

23656316465_3370f33950_c.jpg

here's the plate without the ninjas --

23028134134_4e231ebdc9_z.jpg

It's looks like you have 10 of each ninja save for Zane, where you have 11.

Is that, all variations, or just the ones you have?

Also, I liked how you put leaves on Lloyd's area, rather than glowing green things like others do.

Is that, all variations, or just the ones you have?

I don't have the Skybound sets yet. I only displayed all ninjas with unique torso. I didn't bother with the magazine 'limited edition' and the latest Lloyd from DK book because it is a rehash of existing torso and legs. For instance the 'kendo' versions are missing because underneath the kendo armors are the same classic Ninjago suits.

Zane has 11 unique torso in display here because in Rebooted wave he has 3 unique torsos - Rebooted, Battle Damaged and the Stone armor. I also don't have Kai stone armor here yet because I haven' opened my copy of Target cube but by right Kai should have 11 as well.

I am unsure how I can fit Nya in this display

There is no space, unless you want Nya to be on the side (which won't work).

The only way I see it is to either put Nya's variations under or over the build.

Under, as in the Samurai X cave, or over as in a floating platform.

Also, I just noticed, you put elemental blades on each corner! Nice touch!

Edited by gamejutzu

It's sad to say that I will always have jealousy towards those that actually own NRG Jay (damn you third party sellers and your insane prices!)

But really now.

Seeing all of the Ninja variants together in one spot is breathtaking in its own special way. Can't wait for the eventual inclusion of Nya.

It's sad to say that I will always have jealousy towards those that actually own NRG Jay (damn you third party sellers and your insane prices!)

But really now.

Seeing all of the Ninja variants together in one spot is breathtaking in its own special way. Can't wait for the eventual inclusion of Nya.

Lol, I knew I shouldn't have skipped out on him, NRG was way better than airjitzu forms.

Also, for Nya to be added and not be a "side" character, there is literally only two places she can go.

Or, what you could do is raise Lloyd's platform, kinda like a mountain, and put his variants up there.

Then have Nya's variants under the mountain (near Lloyd's original spot).

Also, why do some variants have weapons, and some variants are missing shoulder armor?

For instance, the ZX suits have no armor, and deepstone Cole, regular Cole and zukin Kai have swords as well.

It's your collection, but it seems... Odd. Why did you do it?

Edited by gamejutzu

I got Jay DX from Bricklink as well... go for the used one from reputable sellers. I didn't pay so much for this even though it's one of the toughest to find brand new.

Wow, beautiful base and a neat collection too! :thumbup:

Thanks!

The only way I see it is to either put Nya's variations under or over the build.

Or, what you could do is raise Lloyd's platform, kinda like a mountain, and put his variants up there.

Then have Nya's variants under the mountain (near Lloyd's original spot).

Also, why do some variants have weapons, and some variants are missing shoulder armor?

For instance, the ZX suits have no armor, and deepstone Cole, regular Cole and zukin Kai have swords as well.

It's your collection, but it seems... Odd. Why did you do it?

I am planning to put Nya on top of Zane so that it would appear Zane is inside an ice cave so that I can make a waterfall because how else can I display Nya's element but waterfall, right? Making a pond would be too bland.

As for the variants... I actually want to remove all weapons. I have a bunch of weapons and armors put aside. There are ZX suits without armors. Only Kai ZX has armors in all ZX variants but Cole ZX, Zane ZX and Jay ZX has polybag variants without the silver/gold armor with scabbards. To even things out I removed the armor from Kai ZX. Eventually I will put back the armors when I have 4 each. Deepstone Cole has armor -- though it camouflages.

Nice! Maybe you could make some sort of wave overhanging the platform at the back and use that to display Nya?

I am planning to put Nya on top of Zane so that it would appear Zane is inside an ice cave so that I can make a waterfall because how else can I display Nya's element but waterfall, right? Making a pond would be too bland.

As for the variants... I actually want to remove all weapons. I have a bunch of weapons and armors put aside. There are ZX suits without armors. Only Kai ZX has armors in all ZX variants but Cole ZX, Zane ZX and Jay ZX has polybag variants without the silver/gold armor with scabbards. To even things out I removed the armor from Kai ZX. Eventually I will put back the armors when I have 4 each. Deepstone Cole has armor -- though it camouflages.

So, Nya will be on a mountain with a waterfall or something like that? Good choice.

You removed ZX armor, because you don't have 2 silver and 2 gold ones? I guess that's understandable.

But what I don't understand is, why are the swords being worn by Cole and Kai? In the show, the only one that uses swords is Kai. Is it there for aesthetic look or something?

Edited by gamejutzu

In person it likely looks great. For photography, having the ninjas on the same background color makes them hard to see, like a true ninja I'm sure...use of a neutral or contrasting background (the less busy the better) would make a more powerful photo.

That looks great! Ive been wanting to do something similar, but haven't found the time. I love how you separated but fused the elements!

Thanks. Show us your work when you've done it. I will revise this when I include Nya.

In person it likely looks great. For photography, having the ninjas on the same background color makes them hard to see, like a true ninja I'm sure...use of a neutral or contrasting background (the less busy the better) would make a more powerful photo.

If you're having a hard time seeing the ninja's that's truly my intent when I took this photo. It's also hard to see them all in natural light up-close and in-person. I initially have Cole in tan/dark tan 'soil' but I intentionally used more brown and black to make Cole camouflage easily.