rm8

Moscow Trial competition and DIY Trial course obstacles

Hi

Our local online technic community LEGO Technic Russia took part in LEGO Technic Trial challenge this november (08/11/15)

For me it was a nice possibility to test my DIY obstacles I did with my father during summer and autumn. I was inspired to build such obstacles seeing this brilliant track by OzBen and Doc_Brown (http://www.eurobrick...78&hl=challenge).

The goal was to made it modular and transportable. I used wood, building foam, natural stones and other stuff that is easy to find and work with. At first it was hard to imagine all different ideas. In the end I even build river pass module - based on plastic container that was decorated with foam, stones and painted. Some obsatcles was covered randomly by grippy sealant for better wheel grip. I have only one problem - how to fit all the stuff at two narrow tables...but result was very good!

800x533.jpg

Here is Desert752

800x533.jpg

As for trial challenge: we had about 15 offroaders. Some of them was based on well known MOCs (like Madoca's pickup) and some was own creations. Contestants was divided by 2 groups

1) Trophy. Mostly civil SUVs with at least one open front differential. Rear can be locked or free. Wheels 62 or 68 mm.

2) Unlimted. Tuned SUVs with wheels up to 83 mm. No differentials and wheel gear reductors possible.

800x533.jpg

The idea was that trophy car had better mobility and steering,and Unlimited was able to crawl everywhere. But locked rear diff at first group makes them crawl good as Unlimited trucks. So track times was equal.

We measured track time and added extra time for hitting flags or using help of hand/wrecker. Desert752's blue Toyota 6x6 Wrecker worked there as TOW service)

In the end we saw that both classes was able to compete each other. First role played driving skills and driving accuracy.

Glad to saw there AFOLs from different cities of Russia and even from Belarus. As for me, I have to drive with all that stuff in my car 1300 km one way. We had a nice time there. Thanks for LEGO Group for given prizes. In the end,

All phots here http://bricksafe.com/pages/rm8/trial-challenge-megabricks

I have a short long video of that meeting.

Edited by rm8

Wow, fantastic obstacles!!! Great competition you've had. What impresses me even more, is that you were willing to drive for 1300 km just to get to the competition :thumbup: That is dedication!

Wow, fantastic obstacles!!! Great competition you've had. What impresses me even more, is that you were willing to drive for 1300 km just to get to the competition :thumbup: That is dedication!

I am glad not to do that, but I have no other chance to meet so many AFOL in my city

And this is nice possibilty to meet online friends live!

Omg id love to be russian

Id loved to be Chezh ot Polish wathing their trial meetings :classic: ...

So many great builders with excellent off-road vehicles having such a great time... Thanks for sharing...!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks for feedback :classic:

Edited by rm8

Hi! In April 2, 2016 we're held another one regular check on the Offroad Trial in Moscow Megabricks museum. At this time, the participants were much more, and the track has become esch harder. The race was attended by over 20 participants from 15 cities of Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan. The age of participants ranged from 11 to 33 years old. The main condition of arrival had to go through a certain number of tracks with obstacles in the shortest possible time and with a minimum of fines. To participate were allowed only four-wheel drive model with a maximum size of wheels - 82 mm.

Edited by filsawgood

Yes, that was awseome event supported with valuable prizes by LEGO Group.

Teaser

There was two main classes

1. Trophy: 62-69 wheels, open differentials, 4x4, suspension, realistic SUV body. No trucks - only SUVs

2. Trial: 62-82 mm wheels, 4x4/6x6 ,suspension. Highly modified SUV body, locked diffs - possible. No trucks - only SUV based cars.

extra contests

1. Best design among event contestants

2. SIngle obstacle pass challenge. We selected 4 hardest obstacles and challenged among those who retired and not passed to finals.

3. Extra prizes from sponsor (not realted to LEGO sposor: Nexus Technology company, security systems)

Photo gallery is here.

http://www.bricksafe...016-meagabricks

Edited by rm8

Fun event you had there! Thanks for sharing more pics, got couple of ideas.

Hi! We have two more videos. On the one hand - the races are very similar to each other; but on the other hand it's very interesting to compare different wheels, axles, motors and so on.

may be this help for the organizers of TRIAL cahllenges

DIY

Edited by rm8