lookl

Winter Village: Family Christmas Workshop

Here is one special building among the buildings in a Winter Village. Here you cannot meet Santa Claus, you cannot see elves or pat a reindeer. Here you cannot see how elves produce toys and you cannot buy Christmas gingerbreads. But only here you can get something really special – many wonderful moments spent with your family and friends!

In Family Christmas Workshop generations work together to create the most beautiful Christmas decorations. Among a laughter and shouts of joy and excitement here are made beautiful ornaments: paper chains, hand-painted balls, Christmas tree hangers made of clay and crackers. These made with love decorations are not only beautiful Christmas ornaments but also are beautiful souvenirs of time spent with family.

In my work I tried to build a mountain cottage in the most realistic way. The cottage is made of wooden logs and its sloping roof is based on the construction of wooden beams. The fireplace was made of stones in different shapes and colors. You can also see wooden walls and the floor made of stones in the inside of the cottage. The interior is fulfilled with wooden furniture: the long and massive table, the bench covered with sheep’s skin, and the decorated bookcase. I also provided an easy access to the inside of the cottage: there’s no back wall, it is easy to take the roof off and you can open the half of one of side walls.

As you can see in the photos the minifigs are satisfied with my work and they are working as hard as I was during building my MOC ;).

JXl0lHB.jpg

dKeScRV.jpg

TrFuezF.jpg

mw59mMu.jpg

Bu6lBPI.jpg

MORE PICTURES ->

Edited by lookl

Excellent work, the build of the house is really nice. Good job.

I have to wonder if Grandma was last seen last Christmas when she went to get the presents she hid under the house.

EDIT: I also like how you did the wrapping paper!

Edited by fred67

Nice MOC. Is this an entry for the Expand the Winter Village Contest VI? If so, let me know so I can fix the title of the thread.

Nice MOC. Is this an entry for the Expand the Winter Village Contest VI? If so, let me know so I can fix the title of the thread.

Yes. please Change topic title to "Winter Village: Family Christmas Workshop" I can't do it :( And delete dobble topic of the same project

Yes. please Change topic title to "Winter Village: Family Christmas Workshop" I can't do it :( And delete dobble topic of the same project

Done and done. Good luck in the contest.

Fantastic! Haven't seen such a great building for quite a while. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: The build is really stuffed with techniques, plus the whole thing has a very sophisticated structure. All those details are the icing (or should I say icicles) on the cake. The scene is very nice, too.

What really impresses me is the effect of the snotted snow on the roof - looks much better than snow with studs in my opinion.

Great job!

Lovely scene with a charming and warm atmosphere... :classic::thumbup:

Nice usage of the S14 Monster Scientist head here.

Grandma is missing but she is probably baking some cookies :purrr:

I have to wonder if Grandma was last seen last Christmas when she went to get the presents she hid under the house.

OH NOOO! *oh2*

Granpa did it! Look at his face! He is a creeper!

lovely display. i really like the christmas tree out front, the wrapping paper. the lights caught my eye first. love how youve color coordinated the studs with the pieces the attach to.. how are the icicles done?

Great build. So colourful.

That thick layer of snow on the roof looks great.

The interior with everybody sitting around the table making decorations and wrapping up presents (?), looks fantastic.

Lovely creation :classic:

Lovely creation, inside and out.

Love the roof gutters, the roof, the icicles and all the detailing.

Perhaps slightly overboard on the greebles of the chimney.

Keep clicking those bricks together!

^^ Yes, I should have commented on the icicles, I really like how they were done.

I love the sense of organised chaos around the table - which is a common theme in many family homes at this time of year! The log cabin and icicles and tree are also great.

^^ Yes, I should have commented on the icicles, I really like how they were done.

Just connected this parts:

ecKKQcF.jpg