23575293380_b9856c455e_c.jpg

My entry for the contest: Winter Village Brewery with a pub.

23503117129_fd9a16abc0_c.jpg

Also includes a lorry (for transporting frest bevarages), clocktower/silo for malt, publican's cozy (yet messy) apartment and three old geezers found outside country pubs all over the universe.

23762668362_b9a8836f2c_c.jpg

The back is open like in offical winter village sets, so the interior is playable.

23242874534_6e79021ae8_z.jpg

23242884934_f83952e196_z.jpg

I took part on this contest previously in 2010... I hope my building skills have developed since then!

More pictures on my blog Cyclopic Bricks. Merry Chrismas to everyone and have fun building your entries! And, naturally, feedback is always appreciated!

Very nice indeed! Love the glasses on the exterior and the white/yellow floor especially. WELL DONE!

Very nice indeed! Lots of interesting and (advanced) building techniques. Looks like The Doctor and a companion in the pub! Or, who is that?

Good luck in the contest.

Merry Chritmas,

Andy D

This is gorgeous! Love the beer mugs and barrel on the front and the flooring in the pub.

Excellent work, like the height compared to normal winter village buildings. Beer mugs are well done, good selection of figs and a very cool truck to boot! :thumbup:

Really nice! I'm especially fond of the integrated signage on the building and that truck, but the whole thing is great. I really like that floor technique, too, and it works really well here. :sweet:

And this is why I quit entering these contests. This looks great. The colors work together and there are some neat ideas involved. BUT I try to build my own entries like the official versions which don't employ a lot of these techniques and therefore my own entries pale in comparison to builds like this.

Best of luck in the contest.

Wow! This looks great :-) The building it self is beautiful, the floor inside looks great.

Smashing MOC.

Love the façade and the colours. Really original.

Best of luck, and keep clicking those bricks together.

Very nicely done. I like the signage in the front with the half barrel and beer glasses on the front facade. I am guessing the green color is to signify a hops-y atmosphere. I'll have to check your Flickr stream for a closer photo of the interior's upstairs. The copper barrels and pipes are a nice touch on the interior of the brewery.

So bbeautiful work... The Ale sign is very well made! And I also like the golden "barrel" inside. :wub: :wub:

Haha the guy at the right looks like my grandpa!

Very original entry to the contest

The truck is very well done and the clocktower is amazing.

Merry Christmas, Pate-keetongu!

Good luck :thumbup:

Thanks guys, glad you like it! And, of course, Merry Christmas - It is, like, two days (and we're getting some snow, always a nice bonus).

Looks like The Doctor and a companion in the pub! Or, who is that?

Ha, with the hairstyle the man actually looks a bit like 12th, but no, they are just ordinary minifigs. I actually though of adding some Whovian references here, though.

This is very well done. I love the beer glasses and barrels at the front, the tower roof and the interior floor detail. The colour of the brickwork is very tasteful.

Great entry Pate-Keetongu. The detail and colour scheme make this simply wonderful to look at

Edited by scottwb2010