ttoks

What do you do for a living?

Something that I always find interesting about LEGO, is that it seems to bring people from all walk's of life together, I often wonder what other's on here do to pay for this fantastic hobby of ours, so i thought to start this topic.

So I am 24 year's old and married with one beautiful daughter (13 months old) living in the state of Victoria in Australia, I've just recently gotten back into lego after about 12-13 year's.

I'm a Boilermaker by trade, I started my apprenticeship at age 15, and completed iit just after my 18th birthday, around the same time i met my now wife.

from that start I've progressed through to working as a coded pipe welder in the oil and gas industry, so far it's taken me far around my country, I make a good wage to support my family, but I often work very long hours in extremely unpleasant conditions, in fact in January of next year I will be starting a job near Onslow Western Australia (if anyone is familiar, it is HOT there) working a 4 to 1 fly in fly out roster, so I will spend 4 weeks living in a company supplied camp in the middle of no where, then 1 week at home with my family.

Here's a few photo's of what i do for a living, some of them are of my father, as we often work together (we are both pipe welders)

CAM00739_zpsigprmeho.jpg

CAM00741_zpswgnqnn4b.jpg

CAM00747_zpszxgcbgaj.jpg

CAM00730_zpsvjcpy8hi.jpg

so what do you do for a living?

Edited by ttoks

Right now a horticulture tech (working in garden/greenhouses), but it's not much of a living. I'm trained as a Geoscientist, however the oil+gas and minerals industries are garbage right now. I'm applying to do another master's degree, this time in Public Administration, so that I can get a government job in a year and start getting paid well. *sigh*.

Edited by Iria

I'm actually driving things like this

post-152200-0-59123600-1451680606_thumb.jpg

and this

post-152200-0-68122900-1451680521_thumb.jpg

Now take a guess what I do for a living :tongue:

I'm actually driving things like this

post-152200-0-59123600-1451680606_thumb.jpg

and this

post-152200-0-68122900-1451680521_thumb.jpg

Now take a guess what I do for a living :tongue:

I'm guessing train driver!

I'm disabled. Before that, I was a debt collector on a government contract. I studied philosophy, literature and politics in college and graduated 6th in my class with a 3.956 GPA. I also enjoy science.

I'm an IT Programme Manager. I decided to re-ignite my interest in Lego so as to give me something completely different to do away from computer screens, tablets, phones, etc.

@ttoks,

That is awesome,. Nice clean smooth welds,.. always something i envy!

@connyx, Cool :D

ok, my turn,.

for a living i drive one of these,.

maxresdefault-3_zpsqnbh3gjc.jpg

but i am also busy getting my license to drive one of these,.

IMG_4041_zpseknqfxcb.jpg

Soo,. In my spare time i can keep driving this,.

20150511_123830_zps9n1uxe5o.jpg

Yep yep,.. they pay me to drive haha!

Edited by Sylvian

33 year old IT manager here. Engaged, no children (ever). I also build and race fast Japanese compact cars.

Edited by technical

33 year old IT manager here. Engaged, no children (ever). I also build and race fast Japanese compact cars.

This i want to see! Do you have a thread about it somewhere? Are you a Kcar racer,.. or should i think EG6, b16,.. or b18? Sr20det? No? :P

This i want to see! Do you have a thread about it somewhere? Are you a Kcar racer,.. or should i think EG6, b16,.. or b18? Sr20det? No? :P

Haha, yes, I've owned many of those engines. My current car is an FG2 Civic, K20 2 liter with a big supercharger on it. Finished up this project over the summer. Hit 340whp, now I've got traction problems and need more tires :-) I'll post up some photos here soon.

I'm currently going to university studying physics, which doesn't give me much spare time for building now :/

for a living i drive one of these,.

snip

but i am also busy getting my license to drive one of these,.

Snip

So you live in Zwolle too?

Haha, yes, I've owned many of those engines. My current car is an FG2 Civic, K20 2 liter with a big supercharger on it. Finished up this project over the summer. Hit 340whp, now I've got traction problems and need more tires :-) I'll post up some photos here soon.

Awesome! 340 whp on the frontwheels,... insane haha! Please do show the beast haha. I only swapped my 1.2 for a old cast iron 2.0 which make an insane 90hp now lol. (60 hp before) but after installing LeJetronic injection i should have a whopping 110hp,.. of which some should find its way to the wheels haha.

So you live in Zwolle too?

What gave it away? Haha.

What gave it away? Haha.

The fact that the van says TCZ (Taxi Centrale Zwolle) which made it pretty obvious, especially when the other coach says AA-landen.

Met vriendelijke groet,

een mede Blauwvinger

I'm a video game writer and text designer - a weird creature that, great many times, does not belong. Without going into too much detail, I treat game dev as an abusive girlfriend - she hurts me, yet I still come back. :laugh:

I'm also a worldbuilder by heart and an aspiring writer, trying to create his own retro-futuristic SF universe. But that's not "for living", at least - not yet. And that's my goal! :sweet:

I am a Shipwright by trade, did many years as an Marine Engineer in the Navy, now I am a Facilities and Projects Officer.

Edited by Hogfather

I'm an Assistant Manager at one of the biggest grocery chains.

Means I'm able to build with super-sized beer filled blocks each day... :tongue::laugh:

I'm automation engineer. Programming the paper machines. I was playing very long LEGO, but later I found RC so there was no time/money for LEGO. Last year I return to my old hobby, after I saw 42009 in the LEGO store :classic:

No i'm trying to combine LEGO and RC, there are so much advantages when using RC compare to LEGO PF IR :wink: