Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Thought this was common knowledge, :tongue:

EDIT: I just read that it was confirmed...

Phasma's a cyborg, so I'm assuming we won't see her face at all.

Not confirmed by any official source, that's just more fan speculation.

Edited by montyofmusic

Anyone else notice how in the description for the Escape Pod, they don't consider R2 a mini figure, which unless I'm wrong is a first for LEGO. I wonder if they've done anything to his design.

Compared to his mask in the new trailer, Lego Kylo Ren's helmet doesn't seem that oversized anymore, and I'd like to see it in the new Battle of Tichonderoga set

yea, its nice to know that he does have his hood down multiple times and lego didnt just do that for nothing. also in one of the last parts of the trailer kylo's unmasked while fighting finn with adam driver's hair flowing in the wind, I really hope they dont give us a kylo ren without a mask because of this since this set thats coming out is a chance to get all the figures i want without having to get the falcon or kylo's shuttle.

Phasma's a cyborg, so I'm assuming we won't see her face at all.

Why not? We've seen Vader's face, and technically Luke's one too, since they replaced his hand.

Compared to his mask in the new trailer, Lego Kylo Ren's helmet doesn't seem that oversized anymore, and I'd like to see it in the new Battle of Tichonderoga set

Isn't it Takodana?

The new trailer changed my opinion on Kylo Ren's helmet. Even in trailer it looks oversized, so Lego version is really accurate! Btw Kylo Ren can be seen without helmet when battling Finn. Here's hoping Battle of Takodana set will have helmet less Kylo.

The new trailer is also the final nail in the coffin (for anyone still doubting) that the wings on Kylo's shuttle fold out sideways in the movie.

The new trailer looks awesome! I still wonder where's Luke have been in the movie. Looks like I gonna go into the cinemas at 18th December to find out. Come back to topic, is it any chance for us to get a TFA Luke minifigure next year?

I'm certain we'll get Luke at some point, but his role in the film seems to be such a heavily guarded secret that I bet Lego designers haven't seen him yet. I doubt he'll be in the January wave, as they'd have to start producing the figures before the film is released.

Earliest we'll see him is a summer release set- if he has a big enough part in TFA to warrant a minifigure.

I'm certain we'll get Luke at some point, but his role in the film seems to be such a heavily guarded secret that I bet Lego designers haven't seen him yet. I doubt he'll be in the January wave, as they'd have to start producing the figures before the film is released.

Earliest we'll see him is a summer release set- if he has a big enough part in TFA to warrant a minifigure.

I think we will only see Luke in Ep8 sets when they get released in early 2017.

The bright red bricks on one side of the TFAs tie fighter cockpit make a lot more sense after watching that. It was nice to see Kylo Rens ship properly too.

Really hyped for the film. And the January sets! Really hoping Kylo comes with a mask, and if not that he has a cool sith appearance.

About Luke.

Don´t you think Kylo is Luke´s apprentice? And that´s where he got hold of Vader´s helmet? It would indeed be a "I´m your father"-moment.

Surprised no one made a black Kylo Ren shuttle yet.

Edited by mordatre

Don´t you think Kylo is Luke´s apprentice? And that´s where he got hold of Vader´s helmet? It would indeed be a "I´m your father"-moment.

Isn't Kylo Ren master played by Andy Serkis?

Please user spoiler tags gents, even if it's just your opinion. I know it's going to be unavoidable but this is a Lego thread not a film discussion thread. We're all excited, but some of us like to know as little as possible before viewing a film.

Thank you.

About Luke.

I agree! I want to make one just have to get a bricklink parts list to trade out for black and then the red windshield. Hopefully the black parts list won't cost me as much as the official set.

About Luke.

Kylo may have been Luke's apprentice, before turning to evil. But if you're implying Luke is the new "Emperor" figure, you're mistaken. If anyone is Kylo's current master, it's Supreme Leader Snoke.

The new trailer is also the final nail in the coffin (for anyone still doubting) that the wings on Kylo's shuttle fold out sideways in the movie.

But they do fold out a bit, into the V-shape we saw in the 2nd teaser, unless I'm misunderstanding you. When you see the shuttle land right after the Luke/R2 scene, at 1:42, you see the wings finishing the transition from their "V" position to upright.

But they do fold out a bit, into the V-shape we saw in the 2nd teaser, unless I'm misunderstanding you. When you see the shuttle land right after the Luke/R2 scene, at 1:42, you see the wings finishing the transition from their "V" position to upright.

They fold in the movie, but are locked upright in the LEGO set. LEGO's version of the ship can't fly. Which sucks.

They fold in the movie, but are locked upright in the LEGO set. LEGO's version of the ship can't fly. Which sucks.

I normally find that inanimate plastic objects find flight difficult. You could always throw it but I think they find landing safely quite tricky too. :grin: