Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Ah the classic way of detecting fake rumours, ask 'do we want these sets?' If the answer is 'yes' then you have fake rumours! Never fails.

Lego's market research team must be the most delightfully insane people that can hold down employment.

'This year I reckon 2 snow speeders, another homing spider droid and, why not, a turret or something. Done. Pub?'

'This year I reckon 2 snow speeders, another homing spider droid and, why not, a turret or something. Done. Pub?'

I think the solution is to apply the reverse, First copious amount of Pub, then the spider droid and snow speeders wont seem so bad :laugh:

The new TFA ship also seems to have new weapons! (in the hands of the pilots)

The left Pilot's weapon looks to have new details on the barrel but this could just be due to bad enlarging...

Edited by Terrynomnoms

I really like the turret thingy. Sorry if that's off message!! I have an AT-AT and snowspeeder but no rebel troops. Looks cool (pardon the pun)...

This seems like a pretty good wave, I am satisfied with most of the sets, except for a few things:

1. We don't need another spider droid

2. What is with the tan pieces in the hoth set?

3. I really hope that the han solo minifigure is not the same one that was a promotional fig in 2013, that would be really lame and would be make the original minifigure not special anymore

4. And lastly, the boba fett without arm printing and storm troopers with the scars are an obvious attempt to not give away more expensive figures in smaller sets. They've done it before and I don't blame them, but this time it's really obvious.

Ok, now I see what's going on with that helmet in the Resistance ship. I don't think those two figs are pilots of any kind, but rather two more Resistance soldiers with helmets. The one with the visor down seems to have the same torso as the male soldier included in the First Order Troop Transport, while the other one looks new and female. Makes me wonder what sort of soldier selection we'll see in the Resistance BP. Hopefully two helmeted soldiers and two alien soldiers or crew.

Edited by Fives

The left Pilot's weapon looks to have new details on the barrel but this could just be due to bad enlarging...

Just bad enlarging... they're standard SW blaster rifles. The only new blasters we're getting in TFA sets are the new colors we've already seen so far in the Falcon & FO Transporter sets.

Ok, now I see what's going on with that helmet in the Resistance ship. I don't think those two figs are pilots of any kind, but rather two more Resistance soldiers with helmets. The one with the visor down seems to have the same torso as the male soldier included in the First Order Troop Transport, while the other one looks new and female. Makes me wonder what sort of soldier selection we'll see in the Resistance BP. Hopefully two helmeted soldiers and two alien soldiers or crew.

Yeah, they're like the Hasbro 6" Black Series Resistance Trooper.

...so the translucent lens not being attached to the flip-up piece seems entirely intentional!

Ah the classic way of detecting fake rumours, ask 'do we want these sets?' If the answer is 'yes' then you have fake rumours! Never fails.

Lego's market research team must be the most delightfully insane people that can hold down employment.

That sounds...depressingly accurate :sadnew:

I actually like the batle-scarred troopers - they can double up as troopers that have just been blasted by rebel scum!

Also I don't think it unreasonable that TLG reserve an "ultimate" version of Boba Fett for the UCS Slave I. Seems pretty logical to me.

That fake list is a Star Wars junkies dream that is. But, I wouldn't mind if it was true :laugh:

The images are welcome, but I'm pretty disappointed with the Imperial Battlepack, with those two Jetpack Stormies having marks on them :sceptic:

The Carbon Freezing Chamber is the pick of the pot for this wave. Got to be honest, it's gonna be quite a cheap year (not in terms of what Sideshow have lined up however :wub::laugh: )

Again, I see a very poor Star Wars lineup! The battle packs are actually a real disappointment for me, especially the Rebel one due to the really 'disjointed' figures. The imperial one is probably the best of the wave and that's saying something if I'm being honest.

The carbonate freezing chamber is a set which I understand people liking with the figures, however the set itself doesn't look exciting or make you want to own that set. Then again I do think it's difficult in a set such as this to do so. Arguable the best is the interceptor and even that's not a wave winner!

The hoth, Kanan's speeder bike, and the droid escape(when we see pictures) are very average and have nothing really there to appeal to many people. The spider droid is a classic! Why on earth it's featured is beyond me and makes me think what a waste of a space in the lineup.

The unnamed set is based off rebels, and fair enough it's something new. The A-wing could be good but then again we had this not too long ago.

That fake list, or 'wishlist' of course is brilliant. Take some of the figures away etc and you have a much more realistic wave. Of course that would never happen but in past waves we have had very good sets, but I feel Lego has to up their game with the summer wave after another poor winter wave.

Edited by ArrowBricks

Again, I see a very poor Star Wars lineup! The battle packs are actually a real disappointment for me, especially the Rebel one due to the really 'disjointed' figures. The imperial one is probably the best of the wave and that's saying something if I'm being honest.

The unnamed set is based off rebels, and fair enough it's something new. The A-wing could be good but then again we had this not too long ago.

The unnamed set is based off TFA, not Rebels. Note it's got Ackbar, General Organa, and two Resistance Troopers.

What's "disjointed" about the Rebel battle pack's figures, aside from the headgear of the two humans? They have 2 torso styles, 2 leg styles (tan and dark tan), two different nonhumans...given the Alliance can be a bit ragtag, having the humans in different hats isn't terribly unusual. On the plus side, it's a new deco for the A-wing helmet, great for expanding your Green Squadron pilots, or making one of the Red Squadron A-wing pilots... having 4 distinct troopers despite similar uniforms seems right up the Rebel Alliance's alley, even if the films weren't the best at showcasing that part of their nature.

What's "disjointed" about the Rebel battle pack's figures, aside from the headgear of the two humans? They have 2 torso styles, 2 leg styles (tan and dark tan), two different nonhumans...given the Alliance can be a bit ragtag, having the humans in different hats isn't terribly unusual. On the plus side, it's a new deco for the A-wing helmet, great for expanding your Green Squadron pilots, or making one of the Red Squadron A-wing pilots... having 4 distinct troopers despite similar uniforms seems right up the Rebel Alliance's alley, even if the films weren't the best at showcasing that part of their nature.

Agreed. Rebels battlepack is spectacular, a real home run. Vehicle looks good and getting not only a Rodian but a Duros for battlepack price? It's a dream come true, two alien species knocked off the list in a single blow - and even better you can just swap out their heads for your own use with generic fleshtone human heads.

Exactly! It's a great army-builder for Rebels, for Resistance, for general GFFA/space/etc rugged outfits, and getting more alien heads to add to the collection to help fill out cantinas, spaceports, etc.

I wanna call that fake. The blocks are inside each other and some look a bit warped. They don't even make sense. Technic axles, cones, gears, and shrubs? No. That and the weird shadow texture on the bottom. Plus the little ad for The Force Awakens seems out of place. Not to mention how similar it is the ad for Rey's Speeder. And as a general rule, I don't really trust YouTube as a reliable source for this stuff.

I wanna call that fake. The blocks are inside each other and some look a bit warped. They don't even make sense. Technic axles, cones, gears, and shrubs? No. That and the weird shadow texture on the bottom. Plus the little ad for The Force Awakens seems out of place. Not to mention how similar it is the ad for Rey's Speeder. And as a general rule, I don't really trust YouTube as a reliable source for this stuff.

Believe me, it is 100% real.

Edited by CM4Sci

Believe me, it is 100% real.

"january 1th" no lego logos on the bricks, shoddy render lack of detail.

I do not believe you.

The ad, or the information?

The entire image, it's from a catalog I have. The Youtube box just says something about the trailer in another language.

The entire image, it's from a catalog I have. The Youtube box just says something about the trailer in another language.

Interesting. I guess we'll see January 1th.

Edited by GuyDudeMan27

I want to believe it but it looks sooooooooooooooo fake. I agree with GuyDudeMan27. The bricks look to crappy for a LEGO add and i doubt LEGO would use the exact same palette for the second wave of TFA sets. It is even more unlikely that they would use that kind of advertising again in the first place. My bet is on fake. Only time will tell.

I doubt LEGO would advertise new 2016 sets the exact same way as how they previewed the pieces of Rey's speeder. For the most part, the promotional images of minifigs and such has used dessert backgrounds quite heavily, obviously Jakku. In fact, the entire theme of the promotion of the film has been focusing on Jakku, and only a very limited handful of information.

These new sets will be out after the film is out, so I expect there to be a new spin to how they promote these new characters and sets we'll get, which I'm guessing will pertain to later parts of the film. Therefore I'd think they'd drop the dessert background for something with perhaps more snow and trees.

Basically what I'm saying is that image is fake, unless my eyes are being cheated by some spell.