Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Hmm, just a single articulation point on the AT-ST legs, thats a shame (but to be expected i guess)

The shuttle is quite impressive, space for crennic and 4 troopers+weapons, and you can probably fit two extra with some modification

Oh wow... I looked through all the pics on LEGO.com, and there are some very interesting things going on with these sets. Also, do the AT-ST's legs even move forward? This is not shown anywhere but the product video...

I can't tell if they made real pictures look 3D using crap blooming, or if it's all 3D. To me all vehicle shots look 3D, but close ups on minifigs have printing defects that make them look like real.

So I'm wondering if we can trust the pictures as for knowing what will be printed & what's gonna be a sticker. Looks like pretty much everything will be a sticker.

I was unimpressed with the RO sets before reveal, and I still am. Might pick up the U-Wing if I like the movie, but the AT-ST still doesn't look right.. It actually manages to look more wrong that the last one, somehow.

Strangely enough the droid constraction figure is the only thing that actually grew on me. Might get that as a last hurrah to Lego constraction.

The only thing I dislike about these sets is the lack of an included hairpiece for Jyn

I found that odd too, but I wonder if there is an included one they just aren't showing in pictures.

75152 - Hovertank - £35

75153 - AT-ST - £40

75154 - TIE - £60 - It's a shame, I wanted this one but it feels too pricey

75155 - U-Wing - £70

75156 - Krennic's Shuttle - £80

The buildable figures are £20

75152 - Hovertank - £35

75153 - AT-ST - £40

75155 - U-Wing - £70

Wasn't the U-Wing £65?

From the pictures, it seems that the new AT-ST suffers for the same "useless leg articulation" problem with the AT-DP from last year.

It's a shame, since many people are a sucker for walking-vehicles and likes to pose the walkers in walking position.

Wasn't the U-Wing £65?

Not according to Brickset's information.

Of course, we have fallen for the Lego exchange rates again

75152 - Hovertank - £35 - only $30

75153 - AT-ST - £40 - $40 - a 1:1 exchange rate for some reason

75154 - TIE - £60 - $70, not great exchange but not bad

75155 - U-Wing - £70 - $80, same as above

75156 - Krennic's Shuttle - £80 - $100

I really wish I could understand the logic behind it.

I'm really impressed by some of the techniques used for these sets. Check out the firing mechanism for the U-wing. The spring-loaded shooters are fired by pressing the 2x1 tiles in front of the canopy.

Disney is still learning how to handle this merchandise hype beast. Telling as many outlets as they can to hold off on pics and then "officially" dropping the pics themselves is a complicated business. Some got the message and honored it and some went ahead and posted them anyway. If be interested to hear if some of the other sites that posted stuff early got any kind of slap on the wrist for doing so.

On topic, those trooper types look great and I'm interested in the battle packs next year.

From the pictures, it seems that the new AT-ST suffers for the same "useless leg articulation" problem with the AT-DP from last year.

It's a shame, since many people are a sucker for walking-vehicles and likes to pose the walkers in walking position.

While it would be fair to blame Lego for the once-again-ugly (but better than the previous ones) head of this AT-ST, they can't do better for the legs, it wouldn't be kids-friendly at all.

Not according to Brickset's information.

Of course, we have fallen for the Lego exchange rates again

75152 - Hovertank - £35 - only $30

75153 - AT-ST - £40 - $40 - a 1:1 exchange rate for some reason

75154 - TIE - £60 - $70, not great exchange but not bad

75155 - U-Wing - £70 - $80, same as above

75156 - Krennic's Shuttle - £80 - $100

I really wish I could understand the logic behind it.

Don't the UK prices include VAT but the American prices don't? Couldn't that be why it seems weird?

Edited by LordLEGOtube

75152 - Hovertank - £35

75153 - AT-ST - £40

75155 - U-Wing - £70

Thanks I didn't notice them on brickset, they all seem reasonable bar the tie.

The Hovertank set is actually £30, all the sets are listed on the Disney Store and Toys'R'us websites.

As...underwhelming as the majority of this year's sets were, the Rogue One lineup is incredibly solid. Looking forward to picking up all of these and most likely all three constraction figures on release day. It's a shame that the Cargo Shuttle and AT-ACT seem to have been left out for this wave, but maybe they'll be released as the higher priced sets next summer.

Edited by Kaijumeister

Just saw the animations for Rogue One set and it seems like a solid wave! Although the only set I'm definitely buying is Imperial Hovertank, since I love the minifigures and the build, plus it's 30$, so a great deal. Not sure about the rest of the wave though, as I like the sets, but not enough to buy them. U-wing is growing on me, but I might wait till it goes on sale and get it at a better price.

Krennic's Shuttle looks amazing. I was expecting it to seat Krennic and maybe a trooper or two, but the fact that it can seat five figures and hold weapons is one of several reasons why it's my favorite set of the wave (and maybe my favorite set this year). Pao's alternate head is also awesome. :laugh:

I also love Krennic's shuttle. Given Lego's history I was expecting a one seat interior with a control panel but it's great to see it's a lot more than that. Krennic himself looks amazing.

Sad that we have reached the 'new hair' era of lego

I don't get what's sad about newer, more accurate hair. As much as I would like to see existing molds used in new colors, I still enjoy seeing new molds.

I get how you may prefer this Tarkin fig. Maybe grey feels more accurate. But the colours are not correct, he never wore grey.

Looks pretty dang grey to me in A New Hope.

I just don't understand why they couldn't just treat people with some nice arm printing and extra leg printing, maybe some dual molded legs.

I don't understand it, either. If anything from this Death Star feels lazy, it's this.

So, the description makes it clear it's the Death Star. I guess it's not as confidential as they thought.

Also, remember everyone, there is a topic for discussing LEGO Star Wars pricing. And can we please stop talking about the embargo?