Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Sure the printing on the hip could be better, but you can imagine the hip piece as the belt covering up the lower half of the zylinders and them being weirdly tucked beneath it. Stilll a step up from the entirely missing hip print on the new stormtroopers...

Edited by Metanoios91

ive been gone since page 390 what did i miss?

42 pages of:

Lego is so lazy rehash of old DS

Yes but you get new updated figures

But it's $100 more such a rip off

But inflation

New DS sucks

Old DS was fine as is just needed new figures what did you expect

That's about it really ;)

Edited by Brickbashbosh

42 pages of:

Lego is so lazy rehash of old DS

Yes but you get new updated figures

But it's $100 more such a rip off

But inflation

New DS sucks

Old DS was fine as is just needed new figures what did you expect

That's about it really ;)

should have guess most was just complaining

I don't really understand what people actually thought they could have done any different with the Death Star. I don't think the build is dated and I don't think an outer cover for it would have improved anything other than creating more bricks so Lego could up the price. I knew the updated minifigures would be the only change they'd come with for the new Death Star, but I think that's all it really needed. I only got mine last year and I remember my lack of excitement on the minifigure front (thankfully I already own all the updated minifigures aside form Leia, Han and Tarkin anyway). I think those that don't own the Death Star yet will welcome this with open arms, especially with the new minifigures too.

With regards to Hoth; I understand why people were upset, but throw in a white base plate and it's a pretty okay set.

EXACTLY my thoughts, you can't improve this DS anymore without the price increasing, I got mine back in 2014 and ever since then kept adding mini figs and modding ever DS based set like the boasters and the final duel, I use there micro builds to make the falcon fit in the bay. Lego will never get rid of stickers ever, so deal with it, Lego mass produces all this for us, they really don't care about the consumer, any kid will want this.

Growing up in a foreign country buying Lego was a luxury I could only get the cheap sets less than 30 bucks, then I moved the states and realized how cheap and affordable they were, after j lost a baby I got into Lego again at a later date, but even the old DS is he ultimate toy anyone can have, but Disney does suck, their products and movies and park tickets have gone way up. Sad thing is people will stay pay since its he ultimate thrill, just wait until the Star Wars land at both parks are done

With regards to Hoth; I understand why people were upset, but throw in a white base plate and it's a pretty okay set.

That will not save the set, a 80€/90$ decrease in price wil if you want to keep changes simple.

With all the negativity around the Death Star I want to inject some positivity to this thread.

THANK YOU LEGO GODS! Thank you for keeping the same Imperial officer torso print and giving us two more color variants before updating it. So now we can have a consistent officer corps in standard dark blue gray, white, black, and light blue gray. On top of that we're getting really cool updated naval troopers with back printing.

This is really really cool and they fit in with our current imperial collections!

With all the negativity around the Death Star I want to inject some positivity to this thread.

THANK YOU LEGO GODS! Thank you for keeping the same Imperial officer torso print and giving us two more color variants before updating it. So now we can have a consistent officer corps in standard dark blue gray, white, black, and light blue gray. On top of that we're getting really cool updated naval troopers with back printing.

This is really really cool and they fit in with our current imperial collections!

Absolutely. Really looking forward to adding these to the Imperial ranks along with Thrawn.

I'm super psyched about the new Imperial officers as well. I put a lot of effort into my collection of Imperial minifigures (as I think you have, too), so they definitely will be nice additions.

If other people don't feel the same way, all the better for me :) Hopefully, the secondary market for them will be reasonable. But since an Admiral Piett can fetch $40, I guess there are a decent number of us who care about the details of Imperial uniforms, and they'll probably be pretty pricey.

Edited by Raskolnikov

Still waiting for a picture of the box side. Quite interesting that it hasn't been leaked yet.

Interesting how?

I'm super psyched about the new Imperial officers as well. I put a lot of effort into my collection of Imperial minifigures (as I think you have, too), so they definitely will be nice additions.

If other people don't feel the same way, all the better for me :) Hopefully, the secondary market for them will be reasonable. But since an Admiral Piett can fetch $40, I guess there are a decent number of us who care about the details of Imperial uniforms, and they'll probably be pretty pricey.

Same here. I've even got several of the dual moulded grey and black legs waiting for the figures to update.

People keep asking how it could have been any better.

Paneling for the exterior is one way.

Slopes to make it look round is another.

Neither of those would have cost too much more.

Also, updating the minifigures a little further to bring them up to modern standards (limb printing and dual molding) would have been nice, especially since this will ostensibly be on the shelves for nearly a decade.

That also shouldn't have cost too much.

I honestly still have my doubts this is what's coming out. But if it is, (and I never say this), I'll just bricklink a couple figures and use my money for something else. The only figures I want are the new Han (who might have updated hair in the future anyways), and the blue droid, maybe the odd other one.

Edited by Kman860

His hair piece and him might fetch you quarter of the price of this set

If everything else is the same as previously released versions of Han then the hair should be in next year's Skiff set which would bring the price down.

If everything else is the same as previously released versions of Han then the hair should be in next year's Skiff set which would bring the price down.

That's what I was thinking, so I'll wait until then.

As someone who came back into Lego after the DS playset I'm actually excited about the new version

And this is really the target market, in my opinion.

I think the "Race to the Buttom" with the price of 10188 will start soon. In Germany you can buy 10188 now in perfect new condition for under 400€. It's a "price fall" for over 200€ if you compare two months ago

I think the "Race to the Buttom" with the price of 10188 will start soon. In Germany you can buy 10188 now in perfect new condition for under 400€. It's a "price fall" for over 200€ if you compare two months ago

Am I the only onde happy here?

Just realized I will not strugle thinking on when I am going to buy another DS.

BTW! I bought my DS during the 2009 crisis for 220 euros....

Death Star is back +/- (minor changes) as it was, so it will be nice if they decide to bring back the 10178 motorized walker