Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

That pic of the Lepin set is the reason Lego is so tight lipped about releases now. We never had that years ago.

Be patient young padawans!?

Jamie

I actually leaped from my seat to that picture and nothing... I don't really care about waiting since I'm so broke, won't be able to buy it for another six months. Plus I hate teasers, the ones who control the flow of information but don't dare release all of it. It's not like they get paid anyways so why even bother.

Ever since the DS was given to me as a gift from my wife, I don't know if I was the only one, but I kept upgrading the minifigures that were close to that set, so I practically bought all the sets with new minifigures molds to modernize it, even went far as combining the final duel in the original DS, but my only complaint is that as usual TLG will release like one or two death star troopers/officers/stormtroopers exclusive that set that buying multiple would be the only real way to go.

Edited by eldiano

I doubt that the guy that posted the part of the box will post the entire box, and as far as I know this is the only "leaked" "picture" of the set that we have for the moment, and I think we are not gonna have anything else before the official announcement...

There's so much hype arround the Death Star that it becomes painful..

And the fact that LEGO just don't want to reveal the set is just ridiculous in my opinion.

It's not ridiculous, it's the world we live in now. If Lego were to release images of the set months ago. One of those bootleg companies would have copied it and sold it before the official Lego set hit the market. There is already a Disney Castle out, has been for weeks, maybe longer.

Lego plays it as safe as possible now. Just wait! We'll see them in soon.

Hope it doesn't disappoint!! Fingers crossed!!

Jamie

It's not ridiculous, it's the world we live in now. If Lego were to release images of the set months ago. One of those bootleg companies would have copied it and sold it before the official Lego set hit the market. There is already a Disney Castle out, has been for weeks, maybe longer.

Jamie

Well, if there really aren't many major changes, what's the point? The old one was out for seven years and they don't think people will buy that one from a bootleg company before buying their $500 "legit" model or some $700 aftermarket model? For example, I saw a bootleg 76042 for less than $50 on eBay the other day. Didn't buy it, but the point is that early view or not, it's not going to stop them. People who can afford 75159 and want it that bad will buy it, the rest of us just want to look at the merchandise. They may lose some money, but the way I see it they might not lose all that much than they already would.

Jamie

Yeah I know but the Winter Train has been announced, and everyone is waiting for the DS, but I respect the fact that LEGO is making a lot of effort to get this secret and avoid chinese copies.

Just that I don't think that revealing it 2 weeks before will change anything...

So finger crossed too for this set, hoping it will not be a pale copy of 10188...

I'm sure images are going to show any day now. I can't believe how much hype has surrounded this set given the minimal changes. :laugh: I'm sure there's going to be some pretty deflated people out there after the reveal. :look:

Just increased my credit card limit just in case of. But yeah don't get your expectations too high...

Anyone else can confirm the september 1 official reveal?

The Death Star isn't the only thing Lepin are releasing. Did someone say 10179? ;)

While it certainly looks real, I am a little skeptical about whether or not the picture we see is legit. My Lego store definitely does not have a Death Star in hand. That doesn't mean that it is impossible for other stores to have one of course. I just haven't heard anything about us getting a Death Star in any time soon.

The Death Star isn't the only thing Lepin are releasing. Did someone say 10179? ;)

That would be funny, seeing cheap bricks holding that wheight.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by hachiroku

Just increased my credit card limit just in case of. But yeah don't get your expectations too high...

Anyone else can confirm the september 1 official reveal?

Kim Thomsen (from LEGO) just said that new D2C set is planned for october 1st and that he expects press release "a month in advance, same as for other D2C sets". From my experience it will not be exactly one month prior to release, but most likely a few days earlier

Kim Thomsen (from LEGO) just said that new D2C set is planned for october 1st and that he expects press release "a month in advance, same as for other D2C sets". From my experience it will not be exactly one month prior to release, but most likely a few days earlier

Don't the announcements normally come a bit sooner when there's an early VIP release?

Edit: Brick Show have just put up a video where they imply they have pictures, so they're definitely out there. He also said it looks very similar to the old version (further confirming what we've been told).

He said the price is between $450-500

Edited by nikhkin

They can imply all they like. If I believed they had them I'd also believe they were out there. I think they've seen the one photo we have and are insinuating they're more itk than the rest of us with that.

That would be funny, seeing cheap bricks holding that wheight.

Their bricks actually aren't that bad. Figures will be crap though.

I'd be wary of buying a sudden influx of rigging pieces, printed dishes, light bley levers or yellow technical pieces.

They can imply all they like. If I believed they had them I'd also believe they were out there. I think they've seen the one photo we have and are insinuating they're more itk than the rest of us with that.

I'm inclined to agree with you, he didn't state anything more than we already knew, but I can keep hoping that pictures are going to seen soon.