Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

I'm confused? We are getting that incarnation. We are getting the Episode III Starfighter.

The previous post was talking about how many people don't want another Jedi Starfighter, and the post you quoted was a response to that.

Anyone else really hoping that TLG will reveal some SW sets at NYCC? The Nexo Knights hype is great and all, but I need my SW fix.

Hoping to see some Rebels sets, since they just released a new trailer at NYCC.

Looks like lots of new characters who would make great minifigs, plus some OT ships but rehashed color schemes (blue A-Wing and red B-Wing) plus a new type of Star Destroyer!

Looks like lots of new characters who would make great minifigs, plus some OT ships but rehashed color schemes (blue A-Wing and red B-Wing) plus a new type of Star Destroyer!

They won't do a star destroyer, they just did one not that long ago...

That red B-wing was apparently the prototype. New season looks like the tone is getting darker quickly, too. People passing it off as just a kid's show are gonna miss out.

That red B-wing was apparently the prototype. New season looks like the tone is getting darker quickly, too. People passing it off as just a kid's show are gonna miss out.

I thought it was a kid's show for maybe the first episode or two, then realized it's actually pretty good. I still think I like clone wars better, but that's because I like WWII and the stuff like that, which clone wars is based off of

Well, im enjoying the read, but so far id rate Plagueis slightly higher, curious to see the rest of it though

Plagueis is definitely better - that was the final great masterwork of the old EU before its deletion. It made midichlorians fit into the story, for pete's sake. It managed to make Phantom Menace interesting. Tarkin is still a very good novel, though - second or third best novel of the new canon (above the solid Lords of the Sith, the decent Dark Disciple, and the horrendous Heir to the Jedi - A New Dawn is unquestionably the best as a fully cohesive work that's also a beautifully paced and well-crafted Star Wars story, Tarkin and Aftermath are just a notch below it).

Too bad NYCC is just Nexo Knights, guess we'll be waiting a bit longer for more information on January kits. It'd be nice to get a definitive setlist, what we have right now is extremely scattershot (Anakin's pod? A-wing? etc.)

Agreed, im really digging the Rebels imperial sets, just got the stormie BP yesterday, and i have the Tie and AT-DP in reserve for christmas, im sort of eyeing the assault carrier as well

As for the trailer, that new star destroyer looks like an interdictor cruiser to me, not something the empire used a lot of (or as a main ship in a fleet), so unless this one plays a VERY prominent part in the new season, i wouldnt expect a set based on it. I also spotted some imperial aclamators (although the bridge looks modified), id love to see them do one of those, we havent had a lego aclamator, and it would make a better lead ship for my Rebels Imperial army then a Gozanti cruiser

EDIT: those arent aclamators, they are Arquitens class light cruisers: http://www.starwars....l-light-cruiser considerably smaller then an aclamator i think, the engine block looks a lot like the republic cruisers

Plagueis is definitely better - that was the final great masterwork of the old EU before its deletion. It made midichlorians fit into the story, for pete's sake. It managed to make Phantom Menace interesting. Tarkin is still a very good novel, though - second or third best novel of the new canon (above the solid Lords of the Sith, the decent Dark Disciple, and the horrendous Heir to the Jedi - A New Dawn is unquestionably the best as a fully cohesive work that's also a beautifully paced and well-crafted Star Wars story, Tarkin and Aftermath are just a notch below it).

Any opinions on "Dark Lord: the rise of Darth Vader"? i have that for when i finish Tarkin, mainly bought it because it was written by Luceno and deals with a bad guy :)

And yeah, i agree, Plagueis managed to somehow cast a completely new light on the PT, and TPM in particular, if only they had focussed the movie more on that aspect then the whole podracing/young ani nonsense. Ill keep A New Dawn on the list as well, considering it ties in with Rebels, which im loving right now.

Edited by vectormatic

Looking forward to those battlefront packs. And the game itself.. :wub:

I watched youtube user k0noa's review of the beta of the new Battlefront and it looks pretty awesome, although many people seem to criticise it being like Battlefield (due to the fact that EA and Dice are in charge of production). I sure hope TLG consider adding the Imperial Shock Trooper from the game into that battle pack, along with the Jump Trooper and sniper version of the Scout Trooper.

Those aside, I also hope for a Storm Commando (basically a Scout Trooper whose armor is the same color as the Shadow Trooper's armor.)

I also hope for a Storm Commando (basically a Scout Trooper whose armor is the same color as the Shadow Trooper's armor.)

One of my favorite Star Wars characters, I love the look of the Storm Commandos. Scout Troopers are awesome, but even better in all black.

Edited by x105Black

Nice pics, but no real sets im willing to bet

That's the impression I had as well, but figured it was still worth the share.

Anyone see these yet?

http://imgur.com/a/NuZ01#SjePhP7

From NYCC.

I could potentially see that blue x-wing as a set, and basically guarantee it if they modified it a bit, and I could see that uh..mechabeast I think it's called....with some mods being released as a set or in a set.

I could see that uh..mechabeast I think it's called....with some mods being released as a set or in a set.

I'd prefer to see it done like the dewback as a new molded creature, except for the brick-built box around it's head.

One of my favorite Star Wars characters, I love the look of the Storm Commandos. Scout Troopers are awesome, but even better in all black.

The Storm Commandos are basically Dark Grey versions of the Scout Troopers, while the Shadow Scouts are all black.

I can already smell a 'The Dark Side of the Imperial Stormtrooper' pic with the Shadow Stormtrooper and the regular Stormtrooper...

The Storm Commandos are basically Dark Grey versions of the Scout Troopers, while the Shadow Scouts are all black.

Ah, my mistake. Shadow Scouts are the best, but Storm Commandos are really cool as well.

Ah, my mistake. Shadow Scouts are the best, but Storm Commandos are really cool as well.

Here's hoping they do the Storm Commando and the Battlefront '16 Shock Trooper...

Found a strange minifig. At first glance thought it was a wrong torso, but the Mon Cal head is far more detailed than I've ever seen. Top of the head and eyes are much more defined.

Anyone recognise the torso, or could someone have stumbled on Ep7 Ackbar?

22089001011_77388c2c41_b.jpg

Edited by markw

I hope they do that AT-TE from 'The Lost Commanders' as part of the new sets.

Found a strange minifig. At first glance thought it was a wrong torso, but the Mon Cal head is far more detailed than I've ever seen. Top of the head and eyes are much more defined.

Anyone recognise the torso, or could someone have stumbled on Ep7 Ackbar?

https://flic.kr/p/zDVUr2

Has to be it. It matches the outfit he's wearing in the leaked pic of him.

Admiral-Ackbar.jpg

Great find! Hope to see more leaks soon. The Ackbar head looks pretty good, though not too different, but I'm not a fan of the leg print. The color just doesn't match up very well :/. Since TLG has strayed away from named characters in battle packs, this is a strong indicator of ep 7 sets in The next wave.

Hmm the leg print looks legit Lego design. Could be custom but looks like something Lego would do. Not sure which rumored set Ackbar could belong to since he's not involved in either potentially.

Hasn't stopped lego throwing random figures in sets before. Think of the gungan sub with the queen mf in the last couple of years.