Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Got a look at it.

Does this mean there's a chance we'll be seeing it soon too?

Would you say it's good for those of us who never got the last iteration?

Would you say it's good for those of us who never got the last iteration?

If you wanted 10188 really badly, buy this because it's pretty much exactly the same thing.

I was expecting something similar, but not that close to the original!

Seems like it's the Winter Village Toy Shop again.

Sure due to inflation & other reasons the price can increase a bit.

More than "a bit"; inflation alone would give 10188 an MSRP of $457.04 in 2016 dollars.

sets with less pieces now cost $10 more than some with even more figures.

The "ten-parts-per-dollar" concept is an older rule of thumb. It was never more than a rough guideline that didn't fully take into account the costs of more specialized parts, and it hasn't been consistently observed in Star Wars sets for years.

it gets even more absurd if you compare City or SW to the Ninjago line with mostly 8-9 bucks per 100 pieces + much more new molds, leg prints, new prints & more figures.

In general, licensed sets are never going to be as cheap as their non-licensed counterparts. It's unreasonable to expect Star Wars waves to be comparable in value to those of themes created by TLG.

sry 4 going super offtopic but - yes it does matter. For a lot of us - if not most - $100 bucks isn't that little. & it ain't just that.

Which I acknowledged in my post:

[...] I know $100 is a lot of money [...]

Let me put this another way -- and I intend absolutely no offense towards anyone, because EB is an AFOL site, thus I assume that the majority of us are fiscally responsible adults; I'm not trying to lecture you -- if you can't afford to drop $500 on LEGO, then maybe you shouldn't be spending $400 on LEGO.

I was expecting something similar, but not that close to the original!

Seems like it's the Winter Village Toy Shop again.

Yep, definately a re-realease. I mean, its basically the same minifigs, with updated looks (wich we have almost all of from other sets)

@ CM4Sci : Did you see the "death star droid"?

What kind is it? Is it the same as the yoda chronicles one from 2014, or a black protocol droid, or something else?

If the new set does end up being really similar to 10188, then I hope the new set's unique features can be easily adapted into the older set so I don't feel the need to buy the whole thing again. I would like a new turbo laser that isn't so delicate, plus some kind of exhaust port for the side, even if it was just a sticker lol.

Yep, definately a re-realease. I mean, its basically the same minifigs, with updated looks (wich we have almost all of from other sets)

@ CM4Sci : Did you see the "death star droid"?

What kind is it? Is it the same as the yoda chronicles one from 2014, or a black protocol droid, or something else?

There is a blue astromech droid with a clear dome (!) along with a black protocol droid but the head isn't C-3PO's, it's got big bug eyes.

Any clues when we might see something?

By the end of the month maybe? I don't know when the press release is, I'd think the people here would know before I did.

Any clues where the extra pieces went?

I'd imagine in slightly different builds of some areas and structural strength.

Any clues where the extra pieces went?

A couple yellow and blue canisters in the Final Duel area, an updated TIE... uhhhhh.... :def_shrug:

Think I'll give this a miss then as I own 10188. Maybe wait for figs to appear in cheaper sets and bricklink a Tarkin.

I'm willing to buy expensive Star wars sets if i really want them, just seems lego dont won't me to buy them as the last two UCS have not impressed (given CM4Sci and others opinion on the new DS)

There is a blue astromech droid with a clear dome (!) along with a black protocol droid but the head isn't C-3PO's, it's got big bug eyes.

A dark protocol droid with bug eyes...? I know he has no right being on the Death Star from an OT movie perspective, but that sounds a lot like 4-LOM. Maybe he'll have a cameo in RO?

A dark protocol droid with bug eyes...? I know he has no right being on the Death Star from an OT movie perspective, but that sounds a lot like 4-LOM. Maybe he'll have a cameo in RO?

Not him. This fella

dsd%20anh.jpg

Now I'm worried we won't be seeing official pics until a few days before, if TLG are at all concerned that the new DS is going to Insult on Hoth 2.0 then they won't want 'us' having too long to fill up the internet with negativity about their new 'flagship' set before it's release :(

Again, the minifig line up does sound good, but I'm just worried that TLG are losing their touch with opportunities like this, sure 10188 was a nice build, but there have been so many advances in parts and techniques since, I'll be very disappointed if it is just a lazy remake.

Bring on the pictures!

Edited by Brickr

Likely using the same mold as the droid from the Jedi Scout Fighter. New printing or same fig?

New, he's black.

Not him. This fella

Not the answer I was hoping for, but it makes more sense. Thanks for posting that.

If what I'm understanding is true, the new Death Star is essentially a straight up re-release of 10188, with a few minor modifications?

Not him. This fella

That the Death Star Droid; if I recall correctly it only makes a fleeting appearance in one of the Sandcrawler scenes in Episode IV! I was always confused by that, but perhaps it was one of the Kenner naming 'anomalies' of the 70's? Anyway, it's good to finally hear about the new Death Star, it's just a shame that it seems to pretty much confirm what most of us were expecting... another lazy re-make.

With 75098, this isn't the best year for being an OT fan. I don't mind the odd re-make, but it would be good if they were interspersed with the occasional gem. Hopefully 2017 will make up for it, otherwise I'm going to be seriously disappointed :look:

Is the TIE Fighter similar to the old one, or is it more like a micro fighter?

Same design of TIE but it's got some different pieces.

That the Death Star Droid; if I recall correctly it only makes a fleeting appearance in one of the Sandcrawler scenes in Episode IV! I was always confused by that, but perhaps it was one of the Kenner naming 'anomalies' of the 70's? Anyway, it's good to finally hear about the new Death Star, it's just a shame that it seems to pretty much confirm what most of us were expecting... another lazy re-make.

Apparently the droid is also seen near the lift they use to take Chewie down to the holding cells, so it does make sense to be included. They're called RA-7 Protocol Droids.