Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

I mean, we're getting four TFA sets, the two battlepacks and the two bigger sets. But, it makes sense- LEGO wants them to be as accurate as possible, so waiting until the Summer wave to cover up smaller vehicles and larger vehicles for TFA seems like a good idea.

I meant normal sized sets, not Battlepacks sized ones. I just mean that by the time January wave hits the shelves the movie will already be in theaters. So no spoilers in sets based on 2nd half of movie. But I guess Lego has their reasons.

Where can we find the prelims you are looking at, can you source your info? Thanks.

I believe he has special access to them, unavailable to us.

They could improve the Sandtrooper by getting rid of the black crotch piece on the legs and printing the black undersuit like the 2004 Stormies and Force Awakens Troopers. Not all the Sandtroopers had the black pouches on the chest armour either, so they could always do a torso variant with it. Other than that the only changes I can think of is having an orange/white pauldron instead of the black one from the Cantina.

As for C-3PO the Sandcrawler version was scene-specific with the restraining bolt on his chest. I'd prefer the Escape Pod used the regular C-3PO torso while keeping the printed legs of the Sandcrawler.

For me, I think the only thing needed is a new pauldron (black, white and orange versions) with the ammo pouches, so that a 'clean' version of the Sandtrooper exists as an Imperial Marine...

Battlefront:

Rebels: Hoping for classic troops - not Endor or Hoth. We'll definitely see that jetpack Sullustan I think. Too much of a standout to pass up.

Empire: dream assortment - 1x normal classic Stormtrooper, 1x Death Star Trooper, 1x Imperial Officer (grey), 1x Spacetrooper (normal classic Stormtrooper but with removable space gear, seen outside the Death Star briefly in Episode IV)

-Episode III Blue: Also hasn't been done for a long, long time, this is almost as cool a possibility build-wise as the Red one, but the minifigs are so exciting. Ring or not, you gotta have R4-G9, and a copper astromech is nothing to scoff at. Besides that, anybody on Utapau is fair game. Tion Medon would be superb. Lampay Fey and Zyn Javeb are extremely unlikely and there's no real reason to make them. I'd prefer more Sep leaders, since they do appear on Utapau - Wat Tambor would be killer. A Commander Cody is definitely sorely needed though, and if the lineup was Obi, Tion, R4-G9, and Cody, that'd be more than acceptable. Though Lego does like to toss in baddies if possible, so some kind of Separatist would not be amiss.

Nice choices on the Battlefront battle packs, but for me I do have extra recommendations for the Empire version, like maybe the red-trimmed Imperial Shock Trooper as seen in the gameplay trailer set on Tatooine, a Scout Trooper with a long rifle as well as a dark grey version of the Scout Trooper (I think they call that version the Storm Commando), and the Imperial Jump Trooper or Phase 2 Dark Trooper...

Also, I agree that there should be a regular minifig of Cody, unless they have a buildable version of Captain Rex planned.

P.S: The Phase 2 Dark Trooper, sniper version of the Scout Trooper, Heavy Stormtrooper and the Imperial Jump Trooper are the other troops available in Star Wars: Commander. The Storm Commando exists as a figure but a Lego version is definitely needed.

The few things I consider necessary for the Battlefront battle packs include: Imperial trooper jetpacks and an improved backpack for the Snowtrooper from the original helmet.

Those aside, we definitely need a minifig of the Phase 2 Commander Wolffe.

Edited by CT-22-2759

If the Jetpack Sullustan is there, hopefully it'll mean he'll have the ears/cap, as most Sullustans sport that look in the film (deleted scenes or not... Ten Numb in the briefing & at the party, Nien Nunb, the crew members on the Falcon)

As for Rebel Troops, I'd definitely like to see the Tatooine versions. Refer to the Co-op mode gameplay trailer here:

This is also where the red Shock Troopers make their first appearance.

Also, Rebel jetpacks are also welcome plus rocket launchers.

Edited by CT-22-2759

Honestly, I think they should release more TFA sets, unless the summer wave will go nuts with TFA sets. I'm sure the next five-seven years will mostly be sets from the new movies either way

I think the amount of TFA sets we're getting in the winter wave is perfect. It's not too much, but it's also not a small amount. Two decently sized normal sets, two battle packs, and two microfighters is more than enough for one movie (one movie which we've already got a seven set wave from). Plus, if we got anymore than that, then we'd be getting less sets from other material. Besides, the winter wave's usually smaller anyway.

I think the amount of TFA sets we're getting in the winter wave is perfect. It's not too much, but it's also not a small amount. Two decently sized normal sets, two battle packs, and two microfighters is more than enough for one movie (one movie which we've already got a seven set wave from). Plus, if we got anymore than that, then we'd be getting less sets from other material. Besides, the winter wave's usually smaller anyway.

Ya, I agree, although they could've done away with our billionth jedi starfighter and done a rebels or TFA set instead

Ya, I agree, although they could've done away with our billionth jedi starfighter and done a rebels or TFA set instead

True, but a lot of people really want that particular Jedi starfighter, because its original incarnation in 7283 "Ultimate Space Battle" was notoriously rare.

True, but a lot of people really want that particular Jedi starfighter, because its original incarnation in 7283 "Ultimate Space Battle" was notoriously rare.

Yeah, amongst all the needless Jedi Starfighters, Obi-wan's red Eta-2 is an essential ship from Episode III that has effectively never been available to the consumer (I know when the EpIII stuff hit, I had already gotten Anakin's fighter as the 'preview' early release set so couldn't justify a second purchase in the USB pack).

Though honestly, of all the Prequel things, I quite like Jedi Starfighters. I'll buy as many Eta-2's as they can throw at us. However, what really should be done next is Darth Vader's black Eta-2: it features in the canonical Tarkin novel and has already been a Hasbro toy. It'd be a killer set even though there isn't technically a visual reference as of yet.

Edited by Darth Caedus

Though honestly, of all the Prequel things, I quite Jedi Starfighters. I'll buy as many Eta-2's as they can throw at us. However, what really should be done next is Darth Vader's black Eta-2: it features in the canonical Tarkin novel and has already been a Hasbro toy. It'd be a killer set even though there isn't technically a visual reference as of yet.

That would be really cool, actually. Although I read Tarkin, and I wasn't very impressed, I like the idea. It would also mean getting Vader (probably with new helmet) in a smaller set again, which I'm sure would always be welcome for kids, or for AFOLs who haven't been collecting for very long.

That would be really cool, actually. Although I read Tarkin, and I wasn't very impressed, I like the idea. It would also mean getting Vader (probably with new helmet) in a smaller set again, which I'm sure would always be welcome for kids, or for AFOLs who haven't been collecting for very long.

I'd take the Mustafar Eta-2 approach. $40 set with the starfighter as the main centerpiece and several minifigs. Vader's Eta-2 appears in Lords of the Sith as well, so you could easily flesh out a solid array of characters: Vader, Tarkin, Vader's astromech, Cham Syndulla, and an additional Twi'lek (you could do Isval, Cham's female second-in-command, or a generic Twi'lek freedom fighter).

I don't see new-Vader in a $25 set, so it seems more reasonable for him to appear in a padded starfighter kit with some desirable minifigures.

Edited by Darth Caedus

I'd take the Mustafar Eta-2 approach. $40 set with the starfighter as the main centerpiece and several minifigs. Vader's Eta-2 appears in Lords of the Sith as well, so you could easily flesh out a solid array of characters: Vader, Tarkin, Vader's astromech, Cham Syndulla, and an additional Twi'lek (you could do Isval, Cham's female second-in-command, or a generic Twi'lek freedom fighter).

I don't see new-Vader in a $25 set, so it seems more reasonable for him to appear in a padded starfighter kit with some desirable minifigures.

I dont have an Eta-2 in my collection yet, and Vader's black one would fit my bag guy ship collection perfectly, and although im not a fan of padding with minifigs, id love an updated tarkin, and provided they make a red one, a twi'lek (so i can piece together my own Darth Talon)

On the topic of Obi's Eta 2, id be dissapointed if we get a booster ring, as cool as those thing are, i wouldnt know where to put it on display, and paying €70 or so for an Eta-2..... nah

Woah, woah there Nelly, what wasn't to like about Tarkin? I thought it was fantastic. Anyway, I would also buy Darth Vader's black Eta-2, but what I would really like is an updated version of Obi-Wan's Delta-7 Aethersprite-class light interceptor. There was a beautiful moc made by:

khatmorg https://www.flickr.c...N02/8735306298/

Edited by TheRealDickDastardly

Though honestly, of all the Prequel things, I quite Jedi Starfighters. I'll buy as many Eta-2's as they can throw at us. However, what really should be done next is Darth Vader's black Eta-2: it features in the canonical Tarkin novel and has already been a Hasbro toy. It'd be a killer set even though there isn't technically a visual reference as of yet.

A Darth Vader Eta-2 Interceptor in Lego form? Take my money Lego (If they really make it happen)

Woah, woah there Nelly, what wasn't to like about Tarkin? I thought it was fantastic.

Going widely off topic here, i started reading it yesterday (at page 65 now), and so far im not entirely impressed with the flashbacks to carrion, i get that its establishes Tarkins personality and provides a good base for his behaviour, but i feel like they distract quite a bit from the main story line so far. Off course this is coming from someone who has only read the first 1/6th of the book, but what ive read so far i find slightly below Plagueis, although i fully reserve the right to change that opinion later on.

EDIT: On topic of the Vader Eta-2, looking at some pics from google, i think to do it justice Lego would need to make a different print for the cockpit canopy, making it even less likely to happen i think. There are a few MOCs of the craft out there, and the full grey cockpit does detract from the overall look compared to the "real" thing.

Here's to hoping one of the sidestory movies of the coming years will go into Vader between Ep 3 and 4 more.

Edited by vectormatic

Going widely off topic here, i started reading it yesterday (at page 65 now), and so far im not entirely impressed with the flashbacks to carrion, i get that its establishes Tarkins personality and provides a good base for his behaviour, but i feel like they distract quite a bit from the main story line so far. Off course this is coming from someone who has only read the first 1/6th of the book, but what ive read so far i find slightly below Plagueis, although i fully reserve the right to change that opinion later on.

EDIT: On topic of the Vader Eta-2, looking at some pics from google, i think to do it justice Lego would need to make a different print for the cockpit canopy, making it even less likely to happen i think. There are a few MOCs of the craft out there, and the full grey cockpit does detract from the overall look compared to the "real" thing.

Here's to hoping one of the sidestory movies of the coming years will go into Vader between Ep 3 and 4 more.

Tarkin. Great book. Fact.

Tarkin. Great book. Fact.

Well, im enjoying the read, but so far id rate Plagueis slightly higher, curious to see the rest of it though

Well, im enjoying the read, but so far id rate Plagueis slightly higher, curious to see the rest of it though

Sure you'll enjoy. Was a bit slow to start but made me hope for more of the same by the end...

Anyhoo, Lego...

Anyone else really hoping that TLG will reveal some SW sets at NYCC? The Nexo Knights hype is great and all, but I need my SW fix.

True, true...

I'm confused? We are getting that incarnation. We are getting the Episode III Starfighter.