Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Nice colors, but they don't fix the nonexistant interior or the small size problem.

Or even the inaccurate angles of the set or boring minifigures as well :sceptic: ......

the exact angles on the sides are impossible to create with under 1000 parts & decent interior space. Speaking of which: You can easily expand the middle, cockpit part & the back with some moding.

Price & minifigure details are a huge mess though - can't argue with that. & the ship itself is just a unaestethic "cargo ship". If you rather like designs with obscure & pointless wings, thats just subjective.

Sorry but that frigate set is garbage.

With the existence of 7257, I won't call 75158 garbage at all. The problem is the set could have been much better with only slightly more pieces and there's little to no excuses for LEGO to didn't do that.

Is the combat frigate to scale with the Imperial Transport (the one with the mini TIEs)?

I'd only buy it heavily discounted, otherwise it'll just be Sato and Ahsoka alone :)

Is the combat frigate to scale with the Imperial Transport (the one with the mini TIEs)?

I'd only buy it heavily discounted, otherwise it'll just be Sato and Ahsoka alone :)

I don't think so. The Imperial Carrier is actually something twice the length of the Millennium Falcon, and the Combat Frigate is 2-3 times larger than the Tantive IV (Which is a Rebel Blockade Runner).

Edited by ArmstrongYong

Nice colors, but they don't fix the nonexistant interior or the small size problem.

I modified the interior as well, just didn't bother with pictures. And personally I don't mind the size too much, and fixing that requires a much more extensive MOD.

I modified the interior as well, just didn't bother with pictures. And personally I don't mind the size too much, and fixing that requires a much more extensive MOD.

i'd like to see a picture of it, to get some ideas when i find one very cheap.

Rumors guys, not opinions please.

Wait... what? Posting opinions on 2016 sets is forbidden?... :O

Wait... what? Posting opinions on 2016 sets is forbidden?... :O

Yeah, i was thinking the same thing... The first post clearly says "Remember that this topic is for discussing sets that are rumored to come in 2016."

If we cant discuss the 2016 sets... What are we then going to do in this thread?

You're missing the keyword, "rumored". Once it's release there should just be a discussion topic.

i'd like to see a picture of it, to get some ideas when i find one very cheap.

I'll try to post some pictures of my mod tonight - can anyone send me PM instructions how to open a thread for mods? Or is is just as simple as picking "new topic"?

Edited by Kim-Kwang-Seok

Sold out in my local Lego store. Glad I nabbed one the other day.

Well the frigate is a toys r us exclusive so it isn't in any Lego stores. How do the ahsoka sabers look in person?

Well the frigate is a toys r us exclusive so it isn't in any Lego stores. How do the ahsoka sabers look in person?

Toys R Us exclusive doesn't mean "not sold in Lego Stores". Lego sells the Rebel Frigate.

Toys R Us exclusive doesn't mean "not sold in Lego Stores". Lego sells the Rebel Frigate.

Not true. US Lego stores apparently no longer carry store exclusives. I was quite disappointed by this, as my August 1st visit was met with disappointment due to that fact.

Not true. US Lego stores apparently no longer carry store exclusives. I was quite disappointed by this, as my August 1st visit was met with disappointment due to that fact.

That's odd. It's listed on the S@H website.

Anyway, to answer the original question - I'm not personally a fan on that style of lightsabre hilt.

I can confirm that it is not in lego stores; was just there last night and they did not stock it.

Well "exclusive" is a relative term. II don't know if it is available in Lego stores here in Germany, but what I do know is that besides at Toys R Us, it is also available at Galeria Kaufhof, both in stores and online.

As for a close look at the Ahsoka minifig - the by far best part of the set (besides Commander Sato for the completionists among us REBELS-collectors) - I did a review here at Eurobricks with some high-quality photos :classic: :

http://www.eurobrick...review: +ahsoka

Edited by DarthTwoShedsJackson

The Lego Winter train got leaked. Does that mean a Death Star leak is imminent? :classic:

I wouldn't say so as default to the other set being leaked but it may mean that there's something more concrete and leakable out there.

That's odd. It's listed on the S@H website.

Anyway, to answer the original question - I'm not personally a fan on that style of lightsabre hilt.

I think it's been mentioned before that it's the bricks and mortar stores that haven't stocked the retailer exclusives in the US recently? You'll still be able to purchase from the online store though.

I really hope this isn't rolled out to the UK.

My LEGO Store usually has the retailer exclusive. They've always carried the Sith Infiltrator and I'm sure they have the Frigate.

I really hope this isn't rolled out to the UK.

From past sets I'm guessing that's not the case. And I'm hoping it isn't.

The Bluewater store has always had the "Toys R Us exclusive" and so have amazon.

Sadly I can confirm that Lego Stores will not be receiving store exclusives but they will be available on Lego Shop@Home. Least that's what I know for US stores anyway.

It's pretty disappointing in my own opinion.

As for a close look at the Ahsoka minifig - the by far best part of the set (besides Commander Sato for the completionists among us REBELS-collectors) - I did a review here at Eurobricks with some high-quality photos :classic: :

http://www.eurobrick...review: +ahsoka

Thanks for this detailed look - definitely a minifigure to pick up on bricklink for me.

Jang has done a really useful video looking at the sabers and possible alternatives to make them more accurate - worth a look.