Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

October 1 IIRC.

Thanks! Hopefully this means we'll see official pics soon. I'm extremely excited for the wave, it looks to be one of the best Lego Star Wars waves in recent memory.

Another tidbit from SDCC. I spoke to a Hasbro Star Wars designer, and he said there would be no "Force Friday" this year., which I bring up because I've seen some posts saying Rogue One or the new DS might come out then. I would assume no Force Friday - which I interpreted as no big coordinated release day like TFA, not no sets in Sept - means the same for Lego as well. (I don't remember the release dates he gave me for Hasbro SW figures, but I believe the motorized AT-ACT is coming out late September, with more figures in November. The AT-ACT also made me think that maybe the reason TLG didn't have an AT-AT out at the same time is that there might be an AT-ACT in an upcoming Rogue One wave).

A couple people have stated definitively that the price for the new DS is $500. I'm wondering if there's a source for that, since the Lego employee at the Comic-Con booth I talked to said $400 (my recollection or hearing could be wrong).

She definitely said enclosed though. I never thought of asking whether that could mean a half shell, although at that price I could (sadly) see it possible.

If they're going for a sphere shaped DS playset, then it'll be the full sphere I think, not a hemisphere as that would kinda defeat the purpose of giving it an actual shape.

I spoke to a Hasbro Star Wars designer, and he said there would be no "Force Friday" this year...

That would be incredibly disappointing and very confusing if true. There have already been multiple confirmed reports that Force Friday is indeed happening on September 30th, so I don't know why he'd say that.

If they're going for a sphere shaped DS playset, then it'll be the full sphere I think, not a hemisphere as that would kinda defeat the purpose of giving it an actual shape.

I'm actually all up for a hemisphere - something like the old Kenner play set here http://www.toyark.com/star-wars-kenner-toltoys-death-star-playset-3403/

I think the old death star had some wasted space towards the bottom. I'd rather have a bigger hemisphere over a smaller full sphere.

That would be incredibly disappointing and very confusing if true. There have already been multiple confirmed reports that Force Friday is indeed happening on September 30th, so I don't know why he'd say that.

That's what I'm thinking... I'm having trouble believing that there will be no Force Friday whatsoever, especially after the enormous success of the last one.

This Hasbro designer must have got his facts wrong, there is definitely one coming this year. When else would the Rogue One sets be released?

Just spotted the combat frigate in toys r us (along with the UCS Hoth) for the bargain price of £119.99! I thought it was a £99.99 job. Suffice to say, it's still on the shelf.

Star wars advent calendar pics are on Hothbricks website ;-)

Great selection of minifigures and mini builds. Is the Star Wars price correct though - it's almost twice the city and friends sets.

Great selection of minifigures and mini builds. Is the Star Wars price correct though - it's almost twice the city and friends sets.

That is the right price, but since it's licensed, it costs more.

Edited by PickleManDan

The builds are pretty decent, I like the Slave 1. The minifigures are overall good, especially Luke and the silver protocol droid, but I still don't understand the white Chewbacca. I get that it looks like a yeti, but in just not getting that impression.

As for the price, it's the same as always, so that's ok.

Really like Advent Calendar minifigure selection this year. OT Stormie, Cloud City Guard, Imperial Navy , Ep 2 silver C-3PO,snowy Chewbaca. Luke from 2015 set is kinda dissapointing as he was just in a set last year. The rest of minifigures are pretty generic: Battledroid, Snowtrooper,Rebel trooper. This year I will definitely get calendar as it's awesome!

The Jabba's Palace build in the advent calendar has dark bley bricks for the towers? That's ugly and also highly inaccurate. Rest of the calendar looks nice. Always love more Bespin Guards.

I dig the new calendar as well. Some of the mini builds look like fun, but i really love the protocol droid and the christmas wookie

A stormtrooper, snowtrooper and a navy trooper? Yas I am getting this. This is excellent. Wonder why they didn't give the Bespin Wing Guard a normal handblaster?

I'll definitely be getting the advent calendar, just for the episode 2 c3po alone! Lego have taken their time making that. The rest of the figures are extremely nice too.

A stormtrooper, snowtrooper and a navy trooper? Yas I am getting this. This is excellent. Wonder why they didn't give the Bespin Wing Guard a normal handblaster?

Bespin guards use the sleek silver looking type of blaster pistol.

The mini fig selection is really nice, but why no chin guard for the navy trooper? It's a small detail but it annoys me since the 2014 SD. Also, no skirt seems to be included for the Snowtrooper.

Edited by RetroInferno

The builds are pretty decent, I like the Slave 1. The minifigures are overall good, especially Luke and the silver protocol droid, but I still don't understand the white Chewbacca. I get that it looks like a yeti, but in just not getting that impression.

As for the price, it's the same as always, so that's ok.

Maybe a snowman chewbacca?