Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

This may of been mentioned already so excuse my lack of backtracking to check (also I've been inactive here for a while so I'm not really up to date), but does anyone know if there will be an exclusive LEGO set at SW celebration this year?

What with the sancrawler diorama and dagobah diorama at Celebration and Comic Con respectively last year I'd assume it'll be the same again this weekend...?

This may of been mentioned already so excuse my lack of backtracking to check (also I've been inactive here for a while so I'm not really up to date), but does anyone know if there will be an exclusive LEGO set at SW celebration this year?

What with the sancrawler diorama and dagobah diorama at Celebration and Comic Con respectively last year I'd assume it'll be the same again this weekend...?

The Tatooine and Dagobah mini-builds were released at SDCC over the last two years respectively so I'm guessing it will be the same this year, if it was being released this weekend I imagine we'd have already seen it which is another reason I think it'll be released at SDCC, but there is always a chance there won't be one this year if the 'Escape from Space Slug' was the one for this year... I hope not.

Hopefully celebration will see the release of the new DS or RO sets... OR BOTH!

_

Translated from Promobricks.de 12.07.16

Update : LEGO Star Wars

Snowspeeder (75144) Death Star (75159)

Michael Friedrichs 12 July 2016

It currently looks very much as if the expected numerous fans rematch of LEGO® Star Wars ™ UCS Snowspeeder ( 75144 ) sets will go on sale until next year . For this assumption so is some : Among other things, the date of publication of the snow glider in Brickset database 2016 at 2017 has been changed . Also for the shift is the fact that the end of September , a whole new set of LEGO® building sets are coming to Star Wars ™ Rogue One on the market .

Remake of Death Star in the starting blocks

It looks better in the new LEGO® Star Wars ™ Death Star ( 75159 ) . My information about the new version is already in the starting blocks and is expected to arrive in October / November on the shelves . More details will follow soon .

Edited by Brickr

I have a feeling this death star will have Rogue One inspired action in it either way.

I'm not so sure it will. RO is untested and as I assume this new DS will be staying on the shelves as long as the old one did, I'm betting it's going to be all OT to appeal to arguably the most base Star Wars audience. If RO doesn't hold up, it could damage the success of a partially RO inspired DS.

Note: I have no credible, secret, or otherwise source-based info to support this. This is my assumption only.

The Tatooine and Dagobah mini-builds were released at SDCC over the last two years respectively so I'm guessing it will be the same this year, if it was being released this weekend I imagine we'd have already seen it which is another reason I think it'll be released at SDCC, but there is always a chance there won't be one this year if the 'Escape from Space Slug' was the one for this year... I hope not.

Hopefully celebration will see the release of the new DS or RO sets... OR BOTH!

_

Translated from Promobricks.de 12.07.16

Update : LEGO Star Wars

Snowspeeder (75144) Death Star (75159)

Michael Friedrichs 12 July 2016

It currently looks very much as if the expected numerous fans rematch of LEGO® Star Wars ™ UCS Snowspeeder ( 75144 ) sets will go on sale until next year . For this assumption so is some : Among other things, the date of publication of the snow glider in Brickset database 2016 at 2017 has been changed . Also for the shift is the fact that the end of September , a whole new set of LEGO® building sets are coming to Star Wars ™ Rogue One on the market .

Remake of Death Star in the starting blocks

It looks better in the new LEGO® Star Wars ™ Death Star ( 75159 ) . My information about the new version is already in the starting blocks and is expected to arrive in October / November on the shelves . More details will follow soon .

So does that mean we can expect the ucs snowspeeder this year?

insult on Hoth

Best one since Jabba's Fail Barge (although I really like that set)

Edited by Jedi-Bendu

The force is strong with me...

There`s been a disturbance in the force... That I can already see the Death Star with the minifigures in front of a white background and the box art already... Tomorrow...

The force is NOT strong with this one! :wink:

I really hoped to see something about it :cry_sad:.

The force is NOT strong with this one! :wink:

I really hoped to see something about it :cry_sad:.

Agreed, I feel like it is a spam quote...

Indeed, nothing else but a phony, a big fat phony, that's what we get for trusting a new comer.

Back on topic, is the death star the only SW set yet to be revealed for this year?

I don't think he was claiming to have insider information, just wishful thinking.

Indeed, nothing else but a phony, a big fat phony, that's what we get for trusting a new comer.

Back on topic, is the death star the only SW set yet to be revealed for this year?

Yep, and we're waiting for better pictures of the RO sets.

and the last 3 Constraction sets.

*RO sets*

We still don't know for sure if those are coming, they might be released next year. We've seen 3 of the constraction sets and have heard nothing about the rest.

Well they're both a little off scale-wise. 7675 is slightly bigger so comes closer to the overall size, but 75157 is better proportioned. Seeing as they're both a little off I'd go for the one that looks best by itself, so 75157 for its proportions (that is not counting the cobbled together steampunk look of the set, if you want a regular and well proportioned AT-TE you'll need 75019 from 2013).

Edited by JekPorkchops

Just as a reminder to all, Star Wars Celebration is fast approaching. It will be livestreaming on StarWars.com for those not able to attend.

The livestream starts tomorrow at 11:00 A.M. BST/6:00 A.M. EDT: http://www.starwars....stream-schedule

The most important panels, in my opinion, will be the ones regarding Rogue One as well as all of the LEGO-related panels.

Of course, the thing we're all hoping for is the reveal of the UCS Death Star. If there was ever a time to reveal it, it'd be during Celebration. Fingers crossed!

Edited by Nokturn

Just as a reminder to all, Star Wars Celebration is fast approaching. It will be livestreaming on StarWars.com for those not able to attend.

The livestream starts tomorrow at 11:00 A.M. BST/6:00 A.M. EDT: http://www.starwars....stream-schedule

The most important panels, in my opinion, will be the ones regarding Rogue One as well as all of the LEGO-related panels.

Of course, the thing we're all hoping for is the reveal of the UCS Death Star. If there was ever a time to reveal it, it'd be during Celebration. Fingers crossed!

Oh shit, the excitement...

Now I wont be able to sleep. Thanks! :laugh:

In all the upcoming 2016 sets that we know about, do any of them feature the classic stormtroopers (non-rebels version)? I guess it might be safe to assume there will be at least one in the Death Star set, but aside from that?

In all the upcoming 2016 sets that we know about, do any of them feature the classic stormtroopers (non-rebels version)? I guess it might be safe to assume there will be at least one in the Death Star set, but aside from that?

Only one - in the 2016 advent calendar.

There are none in the RO sets we know of now.

I'm not there (in a way: I'm glad as the organisation is poor (referring to the wristbands everyone is so mad about right now) and it will be overcrowded) so I promised myself I will splash the cash I'm saving by not going on a set like, say, the new Death Star. :devil:

Still, I don't think it will be revealed. IF they reveal new sets it's the RO sets.

I'm not there (in a way: I'm glad as the organisation is poor (referring to the wristbands everyone is so mad about right now) and it will be overcrowded) so I promised myself I will splash the cash I'm saving by not going on a set like, say, the new Death Star. :devil:

Still, I don't think it will be revealed. IF they reveal new sets it's the RO sets.

What're the chances they'll be revealing a new SW mini-build to go along with Tatooine, Dagobah and the Exogorth?? :wub: